None of the SL Viewers will load for me :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I can't seem to get any of the viewers to load onto my laptop.  They all stall prior to login - saying "Initializing VFS" or gets stuck there.  I have tried to re-download the ones I have been trying to login with (Firestorm, Singularity, Black Dragon & Original SL Viewer).  The only one that will login is Singularity; but functions and graphics don't work in it (can't use bento, etc).

This has been happening for about a week now.  I am really not sure what the issue could be or how to resolve...

If anyone could help, your advice would be greatly appreciated!

The Firestorm team as written Windows 10 and Intel stuck at initializing VFS. I can't know that you are  using Windows as you didn't give us any tech specs on your system. When a viewer will launch use the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... to collect the info we need to help troubleshoot. Include that in future tech questions and save yourself time and frustration.

Firestorm has a wiki with lots of troubleshooting tips. Start here.

They also have a JIRA bug reporting system with you problem listed, here. Solved...

In general the quick work-around for Windows users was to use the 32-bit version of the viewer. Since the 32-bit viewer crashes more often it is not a good solution. Works when you are in a hurry. You were smart trying different brands of viewer as it is a basic troubleshooting step.

If you read the JIRA I pointed to you learn some of the things people do to track down a problem and resolve it. Firestorm peeps are often already working on a problem. They often have a version of the viewer they are testing for the fix you need that they will let you use. So, when help here or in the FS Support group in-world can't solve it file a JIRA report with Firestorm or if using the Linden viewer file in the Linden JIRA.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.