bento poser skeleton templates ?

Rhiannon Arkin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure there IS a bento skeletal rig for Poser...

There is/was a pre-bento rig in poser format somewhere in the sl wiki? There is a Blender bento rig in the wiki for sure, but since a lot of people now use blender rather than poser/daz studio for doing poses, it's possible no body has bothered exporting a bento rig to that format.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhiannon Arkin said:

Thanks Klytyna, that makes perfect sense. I was afraid that I now have to switch to blender/maya for animations on the bento rig. I'll research that then. 

Or to qavimator beta (stable does not have bento yet) you will be limited to stickmen for previews but hey you can do faces and it's free.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I too am an animator in second life for over 8 years using Poser. It’s very unfair I cannot do any bento facial or hand movements due to the file format only for blender or maya.  What about qavimator, poser and all of us that use these programs?  Seems very very unfair.  Help anyone? Do not want to switch programs at this time after learning Poser. 

23 hours ago, Melonie Romano said:

Yes I too am an animator in second life for over 8 years using Poser. It’s very unfair I cannot do any bento facial or hand movements due to the file format only for blender or maya.  What about qavimator, poser and all of us that use these programs?  Seems very very unfair.  Help anyone? Do not want to switch programs at this time after learning Poser. 

Fair is only something parents talk to their kids about to stop the fighting... 

You can export the Bento Skeleton out of Blender in several formats. No big learning curve for that. Plus, Google shows some Blender to Poser import/export tools. Seems you should be able to make your own. Possibly even sell the final file on the SL Marketplace.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You can export the Bento Skeleton out of Blender in several formats. No big learning curve for that

Actually the implied skeleton scale for BVH export is quite different from the meter scale you get in Blender and therefore animations will be quite a bit off after import. Moreover, if the bvh file exported from poser also contains joint position, the inworld avatar would end up becoming quite bigger (and distorted) because the joints offset are off the default offsets.

In general, skeletal assumptions for the 2 departments of works (rigging and animation) suffer from BIG discrepancies in regard of World orientation, overall character scale and implied measurement units, plus the root joints name is assumed to be different.

Alright, took me a few minutes but tthere you go: i exported both Male and Feemale Bento skeletons, compliant to BVH standards, in FBX format. They can be found  in my GoogleDrive

Assumption is Y axis UP upon import

Please let me know IF these work for Poser. Avatar meshes are NOT included since they're NOT bound to this specific skeleton in reality. But at least you have a base to start from.

EDIT: forgot to mention, it's a zipped folder in .7Z format, so you'll need 7Zip to open it

Edited by OptimoMaximo

Ty Optimo...Will try it over the weekend and appreciate your help ... will let you know how it goes. ? I did get the motion capture working in poser finally, I learn on my own so just takes me a bit longer. But I don’t give up. Only trouble the kinetic  camera doesn’t pic up the movements all too good. And the switch from power figure to sl figure distorts the movement. Nothing can be easy lol ? 

4 hours ago, Melonie Romano said:

Will try it over the weekend and appreciate your help

Good, let me know by quoting me (so i get notification to not miss it), if it works i'll see to output a version with properly bound avatar meshes =)

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was also looking for this rig, it seems the link is dead.

Also, which are the bones that need to be in the rig for a working bhv file? The available FBX rig can be imported into Poser, but with flaws.

I cleaned it up in 3ds Max so it works in Poser, but it won't produce any BHV files that are recognised by SL. (I used a human avatar and removed the tail, quad leg and wing bones, as well as the extra spine ones which borked the rig in Poser. Also I removed the bones that are used for volume rather than transformations (BUTT, BELLY etc).

• 9 months later...

So Im still here trying to figure out how to do bento animations in Poser Pro.   Been doing animations for ten years in SL... Can someone let me know if the sl skeleton bones

figure is rigged properly for poser so i can download it and start working able to move fingers and facial expressions?   Is there any youtube videos?  Ive been searching for months.

Im always the last, but i never give up.   melonieromano@gmail.com

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2018 at 2:37 PM, OptimoMaximo said:

Alright, took me a few minutes but tthere you go: i exported both Male and Feemale Bento skeletons, compliant to BVH standards, in FBX format. They can be found  in my GoogleDrive

Assumption is Y axis UP upon import

Please let me know IF these work for Poser. Avatar meshes are NOT included since they're NOT bound to this specific skeleton in reality. But at least you have a base to start from.

EDIT: forgot to mention, it's a zipped folder in .7Z format, so you'll need 7Zip to open it

Strange I have made and transfered dozens of animations now, including many pairs, for dancing wrestling etc :)  and all I have needed to do was filter them through "BVH Hacker to get them all configured right and usable by my AV Bots and now animesh dolls we are working on.  Next step is transfering to QVanimator Bento to get face and hand expressions tossed in.  Does not seem to be a problem so far. ?  Am I missing something? They have all come from my old poser designs.  I just use two Second Life Poser Models for the transfers in Poser, and that is it.  I can later adjust speed in BVHhacker  a bit ... 

On 9/14/2019 at 6:09 PM, PhilGalaxi said:

Am I missing something?

I think the point of this question thread was how to get a rigged bento avatar in poser to do all the work in there without several softwares involvement in the process. 

Also, i don't know Poser at all, how it imports things etc, so the skeleton file i provided is a simple bvh compliant skeleton from Maya using Mayastar/MyAniMATE plug ins standards, which definitely work 100%. You may be sharing your working file with the others asking for help, at least they can start do some work and eventually someone will figure out what it takes to make it work in poser from start to finish. 

My bvh skeleton file is still up online at that link, perhaps it needs the root to be renamed to mPelvis. Give it a go and see if that can help. 

Edited by OptimoMaximo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.