Need tips for an elderly overweight black woman avatar.

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off, I want to make clear that I mean no offense by creating this type of avatar. I intend for this avatar to be inspired by a character in some of the stories that I write (a friendly restaurant manager). If for some reason the topic gets out of hand a mod can close it.

Anyway, I'm looking to create a certain female avatar. The avatar is somewhat elderly (in her 60s), is overweight, and is black or African descent. She has short black hair (kinda like a pixie cut). Clothes should be appropriate for an older lady. I was wondering what products or other things I need to create such an avatar. I'm willing to use mesh.

Thanks in advance.

Look up a shop named "The Golden Years"... they offer a lot of items for elderly looks, in a somewhat comic style. I think the skins come with Maitreya and Omega appliers, so you have a pretty choice of bodies.

For hair choices, there's a thread around here listing several stores with dreadlocks and such. Perhaps you'll like some of them.

Clothes... hmm, Ingenue? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

First off, I want to make clear that I mean no offense by creating this type of avatar. I intend for this avatar to be inspired by a character in some of the stories that I write (a friendly restaurant manager). If for some reason the topic gets out of hand a mod can close it.

Anyway, I'm looking to create a certain female avatar. The avatar is somewhat elderly (in her 60s), is overweight, and is black or African descent. She has short black hair (kinda like a pixie cut). Clothes should be appropriate for an older lady. I was wondering what products or other things I need to create such an avatar. I'm willing to use mesh.

Thanks in advance.

I found this on MP:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/RUBY-Skins-Presents-BERNICE-a-Fine-RUBY-Skin/1800000

Or are you looking for something a bit more realistic looking?

EDIT: Not really a fan of AngelRock , but she does have some elderly black skins that may interest you.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Angel-Rock-Skin-Abigail-MATURE-EBONY/7417401

Same skin - different tone.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Angel-Rock-Skin-Abigail-MATURE-EBONY-HIGH/7406290

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Like 1

If this not a main avatar you will be using often, I'd suggest just getting the mesh clothing, hair, shoes, etc and not getting a relatively expensive mesh body or head. The same advice for any other characters you may want to create. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lara Aulder said:

I always want to create a black woman avatar as well just because I think the Itgirls store has THE BEST skins for black female avatars, they're so realistic and gorgeous! You can add wrinkles as make-up too, then you can choose any skin you want.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-Face-Wrinkles-Appliers/9778612

I agree, ItGirls are the only skins that I wear atm.

• Like 1

I’m sorry...I bit my knuckle and everything, before I typed this

....I deleted it.

Can you post a picture of what you’re talking about? Not a second life picture...a real life picture. I want to see what you mean before I offer any advice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

I’m sorry...I bit my knuckle and everything, before I typed this

....I deleted it.

Can you post a picture of what you’re talking about? Not a second life picture...a real life picture. I want to see what you mean before I offer any advice.

This is kind of my idea of what I want:

stock-photo-mature-african-american-woma

Maybe hair should be a little shorter...but otherwise it's fine.

36 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

Gopi, did you ever find what you were looking for?

Yeah, I used your suggestion of the Bernice skin and shape. I might pair the shape with the Abigail skin...thinking about it. Thank you very much by the way!

Still working on the avatar, though. I'm still open to other suggestions, especially now that I've provided a visual aid.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Yeah, I used your suggestion of the Bernice skin and shape. I might pair the shape with the Abigail skin...thinking about it. Thank you very much by the way!

Still working on the avatar, though. I'm still open to other suggestions, especially now that I've provided a visual aid.

Not a problem!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.