You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are trying to set up an MMO sim and are on DCS2 right now. We are running into problems with the spawning system and lack of support. We started to switch to zCs but it doesn't look to have a region claim system and seems GOR related which we are not interested in. Which system should we choose to use for a live action combat sim where players increase their points, levels, and class? 

ZCS is by far best combat meter you will get my friend.

The rest is just crap backdoor/lag meters. It's why Gor sims don't use "Gor Meter" anymore. The meter has too many faults such as lag arrows, registering, poor use of health bar ((As in people can make their name 85% Health 3% Defense.)) Other examples why those meters are out dated.

Use ZCS, there are also top 10 fantasy sims if your sim happens to go somewhere. 

https://zcs.app/statistics/

24 minutes ago, Okami Aquila said:

Does it have a region claim system? 

Yes, thats why they call it Zone Combat System.

No matter WHAT sim you're on it will work. However, in order too generate stats, or Currency you need to obtain a ZCS server which can be gotten from ᴘʟᴜᴛᴏ ·ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ· ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀ (slightly.opaque) or TwiFi Dryke (twifi.shamen)

I clearly am more familiar with DCS that is why I am asking about other systems. You can purchase the DSC claim system on MP and it's just more convenient. I will try to communicate with these names that you have given me and hopefully, they will respond.  If it wasn't made clear, customer support is a problem we are having with DSC and we don't need another system where there is no support. 

Thanks for the help.

We are trying to set up an MMO sim and are on DCS2 right now. We are running into problems with the spawning system and lack of support. We started to switch to zCs but it doesn't look to have a region claim system and seems GOR related which we are not interested in. Which system should we choose to use for a live action combat sim where players increase their points, levels, and class? 

There are also Spellfire and Ultima Maxim -  I wonder why no one brought them up so far. Now Ultima seems pretty advanced with raycast ranged combat and stuff but forcing the weapons to be "no copy" is a red flag to me and might be to your visitors as well...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

I see, thank you Fionalein! We will look into those systems too. Even though the weapons are no copy they seem to fit better with our gameplay and theme. 

The big advantages of raycast is: Your archers need no rezzing rights... pretty nifty if you cannot find enough people to trust to be mods for 24/7 sim coverage...

I am not sure if this applies to all ranged combat weapons in UM but the newer SciFi ones seem to have it, I am sure if you ask the creators of the system, they will tell you wether it applies to all ranged combat or not...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Yes, that is an advantage and was one of our concerns as well. We will look into all of these combat systems and choose the one we need. Thank you for all of the help!

4 hours ago, Okami Aquila said:

Does it have a region claim system? 

You just need to rez down the server (its free) on a sim without one and you would of claimed it.

My sim has a dispenser right next to the landing point, everything you need is in it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Corruption/151/52/51

Edited by Slightly Opaque
  • Like 1

Thank you Slightly! Does your combat system work with the Spell huds and magical weapons?

Edited by Okami Aquila

4 minutes ago, Okami Aquila said:

Thank you Slightly! Does your combat system work with the Spell huds and magical weapons?

Not unless they're specifically made for it (the damage system itself is open).

The meter itself mainly focuses on medieval-like combat sims so was focused upon what's used in those. 

It looks like Unity Maxim is more fitting for our game. We are looking for something that has food and other things that affect your meter and such. Such thank you, everyone, for the help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.