Inspiron 5576 AMD CPU Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey guys

Ok basically i have an inspiron 5576 AMD Gaming Laptop with an A10 9630P CPU and RX 560 GPU, with SL being so heavy on the CPU side rather than the GPU side of life, i have noticed that my fps takes an extremely heavy hit whenever more people are around,

I have my settings set to low textures + general medium settings

I have physics off, Avatar limit low, View distance 128, flexi low, trees low, water low, no shadows, and complexity low, i am doubtful i will find any debugging optimizations i can do to greatly improve FPS, because as i recall SL was never really modified for the low end AMD CPU world.

I noticed that i have another laptop with an i7 3610QM, and a GT 640M, and in SL it gets up to 50-100 FPS in most area's on full settings and its really nice. but that laptop is old and dying haha and sucks at any other games

The AMD laptop runs absolutely fine with no problems on all other games, especially e-sports game, its just SL it struggles with.

is their any optimizations i can do through debugging, or a special viewer that could smooth out performance, P.S please dont reply with buy a better pc, or AMD cpu's suck etc, im aware my cpu is the bottleneck, and im stuck with it, so im reaching out to see if anyone knows any tricks of the trade to tweak out some extra performance

Edited by Narugawanaisa Yumako

My experience when I installed a new graphic card is on first opening of FS it had pop up that told me it changed to new card from my i7 embedded graphics.    So, I would assume there is a preference setting for it in FS(?).... should it not sense a change.

all ran smooth and looked good!  Very much different from my first opening of FS with only the i7’s embedded graphics. (Had to patch FS before it would run!)

20 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Are you absolutely sure that the viewer uses the dedicated graphics, the RX 560, and not the integrated part of the CPU?

Sorry for the late response, yes i am sure that its using the RX 560 which i confirmed on installation and making sure its set to high performance in the AMD switchable graphics panel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.