13 Jun

Hide UI Firestorm

Question

I realise the command to hide the Ui in SL viewer has changed to ctrl shft u. The old ctrl alt F1 or the new ctrl shft u is not working for me in Firestorm. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thx :D

8 answers to this question

I believe there are two Hide UI, tho am unsure. 

One is to ‘hide’  of course. The other is to ‘hide’ when taking pictures or screenshots. That keeps all out of pictures snapped. I think I seen another option, it just hides your L$ balance in screenshots.

Ctrl Alt F1 will hide the UI

ETA, you need to be on the latest viewer..

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Like 1

On 15/05/2018 at 11:47 PM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Ctrl Alt F1 will hide the UI

ETA, you need to be on the latest viewer..

Hey thank you both for the replies :D 

However when i use ctrl alt F1 in firestorm all i get is a change to sunset (I do have the Developer and Advanced menus open). I can use the new command in SL viewer to hide the Ui but not firestorm ;(  oh dear !

I hide UI daily for years. Ctlr Alt F1 worked for me always, in older versions and in the current one as well. To keep developers menu open before you hit the keys makes no difference. (But the menu will be closed in the moment when you hide UI, so not I'm sure what is point of keeping it open when you are about to hide UI...or did I miss something?)

But there is issue with top bar - sometimes it stays visible, no matter how many times you try to hide it. (I don't mind, I just crop it out from the screenshots). 

Anyways when it change weather for you, maybe check the list of shortcuts - if you accidentaly dont press another key as well? http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/keyboard_shortcuts

But its weird, because shortcut for midnight is very different: ctlr + shift + X

Oh, you said sunset - but still, thats ctrl+shift+N. Nothing too close to ctls alt f1.

Edited by loverdag

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Topic ended over a year ago. 

But now it's not ended, and you have contributed, just like me, which I wouldn't have, had you not. So, congratulations for helping to keep this thread aliilllive. Just think of it in Halloween Zombie terms and you'll he alright.

As for keyboard shortcuts, people like to think Firestorm features are all that. Fact, all FS features are available no matter which viewer you use, generally speaking. When in a super crowded event or trying to take that fancy snapshot and other avatars in the way? CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+4 is your friend.