Land auctions out of stock .

lella Morigi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Always test with the official LL viewer when all else fails. Then if you get the same (undesired) results in the LL viewer, you can contact support.

If you do not have the official LL viewer installed, even if you are a Firestorm (or another viewer) die-hard, then U R Doing it RONG.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Always test with the official LL viewer when all else fails. Then if you get the same (undesired) results in the LL viewer, you can contact support.

If you do not have the official LL viewer installed, even if you are a Firestorm (or another viewer) die-hard, then U R Doing it RONG.

I don't think you understand. You cannot bid on auctions from inworld - only from a browser.

I have Firefox browser. The viewer har nothing to do with land auctions page. I heard a rumour that some webbrowser can't understand the web auctions page. I just wanted to have it confirmed or told it is a rumor.

Anyway, the page is up now with 30 land plots to buy. The land I want to bid on has an auctions number. But entering it, gives no results. So I am just confused.

Just now, Marianne Little said:

Anyway, the page is up now with 30 land plots to buy. The land I want to bid on has an auctions number. But entering it, gives no results. So I am just confused.

Is it listed on the auctions page yet?

Parcels assigned to auctions are always marked inworld and on the map several days before the auction actually starts.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 9:51 AM, Marianne Little said:

How long does an action usually last?

And all my other land is owned by group. I assume I have to buy as me, not the group. I took back the free 1024 from the group so I can buy 1024 without paying tier for a month. My group contribution is now 0, and the land I want is 1024 m.

So if I win, I can sell the land to my own group? I want all under a group. This way, all the parcels use the LI together.

In case the other answers weren't clear:  If you win the auction, the land is automatically assigned to you - you are the personal owner.  So you need enough personal tier available to cover it or you will bump to the next level.  Once you are owner of the land, go to the plot inworld, open the land window, activate the appropriate group tag, check the box that says something like "owner makes contribution" and then Deed to the group.  The land will move to group ownership and it will automatically donate however much of your tier is needed to cover that donation.  Because the group already has excess tier avaialbe and there is that group 10% bonus thing, your donation will actually be less than the full 1024 sqm.  

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't think you understand. You cannot bid on auctions from inworld - only from a browser.

I have Firefox browser. The viewer har nothing to do with land auctions page. I heard a rumour that some webbrowser can't understand the web auctions page. I just wanted to have it confirmed or told it is a rumor.

Ahah, I misunderstood. I thought the issue was listing in viewer, which got me into the "in viewer" mode of thinking. Thanks for clarifying!

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The Opera browser often spits up with these auctions I have found. I would bid on an auction, it would seem to go through and then whoops, it didn't really go through. So it's probably better to play it from Chrome.

On 5/16/2018 at 1:30 AM, Syn Anatine said:

It's a good system for those who may not be there due to work/vacation/family obligations whatsoever by the time the bidding ends. This way they still have a chance to get the parcel without needing to refresh every 5 minutes to see if they've been outbid.

Except entering a high bid early can cause the land to sell for higher than it would have if you entered your bid during the final hour.

1 hour ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Except entering a high bid early can cause the land to sell for higher than it would have if you entered your bid during the final hour.

it will never go higher than your max bid. If one overbids it's their own choice.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 11:25 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

it will never go higher than your max bid. If one overbids it's their own choice.

Sure but by entering your maximum bid early you are encouraging the price to go higher so by placing my "maximum bid" early I am likely to pay more than if I place it towards the end of the auction. The whole "maximum bid" system is designed around getting a higher sale price by making listings look more interesting (higher number of bids/bidding activity) and make people think there is more interest in the parcel than there really is causing late bidders to bid higher as they believe the parcel is more desirable. It also gives other bidders more time to react to your bid and determine if they want to increase their maximum bid to beat yours. It is NEVER a good idea to place an early bid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, I think you are right. It was foolish of me to enter the maximum amount so early. But it is my first auction and I'll learn, I hope.

Unfortunately for some (me included) it's basically impossible to be on for the end of auctions though so my only option is to place an early bid :(

1 hour ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Unfortunately for some (me included) it's basically impossible to be on for the end of auctions though so my only option is to place an early bid :(

At least some of the land flippers have  programs that bid automatically for them at the very last few seconds.

On 5/16/2018 at 8:29 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

In case the other answers weren't clear:  If you win the auction, the land is automatically assigned to you - you are the personal owner.  So you need enough personal tier available to cover it or you will bump to the next level.  Once you are owner of the land, go to the plot inworld, open the land window, activate the appropriate group tag, check the box that says something like "owner makes contribution" and then Deed to the group.  The land will move to group ownership and it will automatically donate however much of your tier is needed to cover that donation.  Because the group already has excess tier avaialbe and there is that group 10% bonus thing, your donation will actually be less than the full 1024 sqm.  

The group has 1264 m land available. The land is 1024 m. My contribution to group, as I type this, is 0 m. I have my 1024 personal tier all free and ready. :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think I have been very stupid, talking about buying land in the forums. Someone outbid me with 10 L in literally the last second. Am I paranoid thinking that there will be an offer to me to buy it for a higher price?

It may well be set for sale by the buyer, that happens a lot. It's important to understand that the winner of an auction always outbids the second-highest bidder by exactly L$10, even if that winner set a bid limit thousands of L$s higher. The auctions only take L$10 more than the second-highest bidder, regardless.

[ETA: Forgot to mention that it's very common for bidders to wait until the last few seconds to make their "best and final" offer. It's a little bit superstitious, but... there's always a chance that you'd see their bid and push yours higher as a result, which just costs them more to win the auction.]

Edited by Qie Niangao

Hmm yes. We will see. How can one outbid a program that operates faster than humans? I was literally watching the seconds count down on the auctions page.  When the clock stopped, it was still me as a winner. Then, a few seconds later, it said I had lost.

There is no way to win against a program.

I can’t afford to put that much attention into a purchase. Is why I wander the neighborhoods where lots are trading... searching for that one that’s on ‘fire-sale’ and can be bought on the spot. 

Those are out there, just need to get map open and look around. I never did care working with a realtor either ( but could be that introverted me coming out!!)

when I get tried of TPing all over mainlands... I bail out into a linden home for awhile... always available and can freely dump’em when ready to get back to trading. 

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Hmm yes. We will see. How can one outbid a program that operates faster than humans? I was literally watching the seconds count down on the auctions page.  When the clock stopped, it was still me as a winner. Then, a few seconds later, it said I had lost.

If it ois programmmed as sipmle bid what you want to pay maximally - rinse - repeat

If you actually love one spot and have something in mind for it you will be willing to pay much more than most others will... if they continue outfbiddding you on every pacel you want they will have lands no one wants to buy at the price you were willing to pay... now they can keep up that game for a while but not forever ;)

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Unfortunately all you can do is place a high bid and hope for the best. In theory your bid should have been the maximum you would pay for that land. If someone else snips the land with a higher bid at the last moment it should be a bid higher than what you want to pay for the land so they win and you don't pay more than you want to. In practice however most would not place a bid as high as the maximum they want to pay and they will continue to outbid other people towards the end in order to win the auction.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Unfortunately all you can do is place a high bid and hope for the best. In theory your bid should have been the maximum you would pay for that land. If someone else snips the land with a higher bid at the last moment it should be a bid higher than what you want to pay for the land so they win and you don't pay more than you want to. In practice however most would not place a bid as high as the maximum they want to pay and they will continue to outbid other people towards the end in order to win the auction.

Better off sniping the bid. Never bid early you will go into bidding war. Never be emotionally invested in property, virtual or real. 

If you lose a snipe, that's good. It means you won't be able to spend more than you want to. 

24 minutes ago, iamyourneighbour said:

Better off sniping the bid. Never bid early you will go into bidding war. Never be emotionally invested in property, virtual or real. 

If you lose a snipe, that's good. It means you won't be able to spend more than you want to. 

That's what I keep saying, but as I've also said sniping is not practical or possible for all users. I for example cannot be online when auctions are ending.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.