Land auctions out of stock .

lella Morigi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It may be that any search criteria was too tightly defined.... finding no matches. I’ve never seen it ‘out of stock’, wish I could get inworld and see!!  (Will check here with cell too.. am a curious type!)

i’d imagine the Lab is working with land systems....  and it’s Tuesday too!  May be part of upgrading Linden Homes to 1024sqm

all just guesses!! Yeah, just checked grid status, a lotta maintenance going on,including L$ transactions, all should be temporary today.  

I’ve never had luck with auctions... always traded lands as I  open market.. as in standing on lots and buying them on the spot.

Edited by AviNews

I saw it now:

We are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance to our Auctions - Second Life website. At this time, residents will not be able to access the Mainland Land Auctions page. Please keep an eye on this blog for further updates as they become available.
Posted 20 minutes ago. May 15, 2018 - 07:21 PDT

I never won an auction, always got out bid.  I think in auctions the prices go way too high.. again I pay the asked from the individual.

but... just enter your bid... wait and hope you didn’t get out bid.  Guess it comes to you as automagically!!! If you win. 

Have put bids in, and it immediately out-bids me. I don’t trust the system now, but I still shop the lots available.  Usually there are others users selling out right nearby. I look those deals. Via  world maps etc

34 minutes ago, AviNews said:

Have put bids in, and it immediately out-bids me.

That's because you as a bidder can set a max bid. Say, the current bid is 500L and you are willing top pay up to 5000L for the land. You can put your max bid at 5000L and each time someone bids on your lot, you automatically bid too until the max bid goes above 5000L so above the max bid you have placed.

It's a good system for those who may not be there due to work/vacation/family obligations whatsoever by the time the bidding ends. This way they still have a chance to get the parcel without needing to refresh every 5 minutes to see if they've been outbid.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Why am I standing on a purple plot (the color of land auctions) owned by LL? It has an auction ID. I try to enter that number and search for land auctions. Nothing comes up.

it means it's ready for auction, and will show up there shortly. It doesn't mean it's available for bidding this moment already.

Seen it before that purple land came listed a day or two later than it got it's ID.

Ahhhh!  I say I See!!! Says the Blind man. ?

Tho I still feel auction prices are higher than neighborhood...  ignoring those lots that are insanely priced. There’s always some of those around.

i explore neighborhoods closely... since as soon as buying a lot I turn around and set it for sale.  I turnover lots very OFTEN. Haven’t found that one place to plant my roots!

1 minute ago, AviNews said:

Tho I still feel auction prices are higher than neighborhood...

simply because people want to pay more for some parcels, auction doesn't mean there's no market behind it... who pays most will get it.

i had it often enough my max bid wasn't reached by far, i think your mistrust isn't correct.

How long does an action usually last?

And all my other land is owned by group. I assume I have to buy as me, not the group. I took back the free 1024 from the group so I can buy 1024 without paying tier for a month. My group contribution is now 0, and the land I want is 1024 m.

So if I win, I can sell the land to my own group? I want all under a group. This way, all the parcels use the LI together.

Just now, Marianne Little said:

And all my other land is owned by group. I assume I have to buy as me, not the group. I took back the free 1024 from the group so I can buy 1024 without paying tier for a month. My group contribution is now 0, and the land I want is 1024 m.

So if I win, I can sell the land to my own group? I want all under a group. This way, all the parcels use the LI together.

if you won the auction, the land will be set to your ownership, you can make the deed to group when you are ready for that. The bid will be taken out of your account, the land doesn't come for sale.

you have to be sure you have enough free tier for your account, or LL will raise it for you. When you deed with contribution the transfer to groupland should be smooth.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you won the auction, the land will be set to your ownership, you can make the deed to group when you are ready for that. The bid will be taken out of your account, the land doesn't come for sale.

you have to be sure you have enough free tier for your account, or LL will raise it for you. When you deed with contribution the transfer to groupland should be smooth.

Yep the group has 144 m left over even when I took back my 1024 m.

I think they always give 48 hours between when a parcel is listed and when the auction closes. At least that's been my experience.

Also in my experience it's always been noon SL time that new parcels are listed and auctions close. So if the unscheduled maintenance isn't complete by about then, I think it'll likely be another day before any parcels hit the block.

Because this is "unscheduled" maintenance I don't really expect changes this time around, but in one of the SL anniversary threads I remember mention of opening auctions to selling by private individuals. That will be very big, and I'm super interested in how that changes the land market.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.