Is there a limit on blocking?

AlexandriteGem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

24 answers to this question

If you are a Sir MutesALot sort of person, I suggest the World/Show Friends Only feature in Firestorm.  This is sort of the opposite idea; instead of blocking this person, and that person, you basically block EVERYONE except those on your Friends list.

Me, I don't block very often.  Every three or four years I'll go in there and clear the block list...since pretty much everyone on it has either left SL, or at least my part of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

Not really if theres more then 1k in sl. Just makes sense... what 11 yr+ or morw avas that stuck to their main and didn't give up on it to start over.. not hard to block a 100 idiots a year.. just saying.. you might want to think on that before the wise cracks ;)

If people annoy you that much that you're blocking 100 people a year, you need to log out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I don't block often. Maybe if a person has too many particles. I usually unblock people after a short while because I don't remember who they are. I guess some people do find it useful. I'd use block more if I visited public places with many people very often.

• Like 1

The block list limit is governed by the debug setting MuteListLimit, so you can raise it above 1000.
BUT this is not advisable. If your block list is too large, the server stored block list will choke & your block list will not work reliably.

• Like 4

I have a number of objects and some people in my block list. Objects far outnumber people. There are entries in mine that are so old, I'm certain I will never again encounter some of them. It's likely many of them no longer exist. I can't imagine ever even approaching this 1000 entry limit.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1000 limit is awesome.

I am sure I have over 100 already and have been a member for three years. I get annoyed that some blocked objects always find the way to sneak right back. Like some annoying merchants sending ridiculous notifications daily.

But am happy with how well the blocking works with people. I can not even see them on my screen andcan even choose to completely ignore what they write in chat

• Like 2

While I have blocked a few people on the forums, I've never blocked anyone inworld (except my alt during testing).   I permanently derender (i.e. block) some nearby objects, but I usually just ignore people.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/16/2018 at 4:37 PM, Fionalein said:

I only keep spam shops in my block list, you know the kind of shops that hook you up to a subscriber and don't get you out again...

After 9 years I have 6 on my block list and these are all merchants that have added me to some info sender that I never chose to join.  Nobody else has ever annoyed me that much to care about blocking even after years of managing and owning clubs.  

ETA I did manage to block my partner once but that was accidental or was it ?

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 4

On 5/17/2018 at 3:54 PM, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

Nope. Just a lot of idiots about as said that need to find one way or another to be silenced. I enjoy sl. Just no time for idiots. Thats my preference and nah i won't log out. That be to easy ;)

I've gotta ask... where do you hang out that you meet so many jerks?

In 10 year I've only blocked just over 2 dozen...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yep.. pretty much anywhere you go it can happen and to be honest in clubs mostly. Mostly last place i worked they used mass amount of alts. So easier to block. Plus keeps track of names rather then searching through inv of notecards.. probably in the 4 yrs i worked there i blocked atleast 300 and then after another 200. People get weirdly obsessed and infatuated with you they can't handle that someone is capable of having fun and enjoying their sl sticking to 1 avatar lol. But yep. If you spend a lot of time exploring easier to block an derender. 

3 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I've gotta ask... where do you hang out that you meet so many jerks?

In 10 year I've only blocked just over 2 dozen...

Dont blame it on her. I had over 350 blocked, have never been a troll but am the one trolled on. I visited Latino sims and it did not matter if I reported the incidents and the people, I would still get hit on by scripts and harassed.

It is my suspicion that the administrator of he sim likes to harass women in his, and other sims. So when you block numerous avatars, you may be blocking the same owner of them all...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, purrrkitten said:

1,000 basically is unlimited.

Not really if theres more then 1k in sl. Just makes sense... what 11 yr+ or more avas that stuck to their main and didn't give up on it to start over.. not hard to block a 100 idiots a year.. just saying.. you might want to think on that before the wise cracks ;)

Can only imagine how it is for other people still running older avs.

Edited by Serenityfirefly McMahon
Spell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.