Buying Linden Dollars w/PayPal

AvalonSouth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You cannot make any L$ purchase without attaching a payment method. As Fionalein mentioned, you can remove your payment method after you have made the L$ purchase.  Another option is to leave it there and remove the authorization on the PayPal side of things.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

15 minutes ago, AvalonSouth said:

Can I make a one time only purchase of Linden Dollars using PayPal without actually attaching PayPal as a permanent payment method on my account?

I think no, but it might be possible to remove the payment info again after buying some. Let's hope someone in the Forums knows more about that.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

No, you can't do exactly what you are describing.  In order to buy $L, you must establish a payment method.  This can be a verified PayPal or Skrill account, or a major credit card.  Once you have set up the payment method and LL has tested it to be sure it will work, you can then purchase your $L.

If you want, you could then remove your payment method.

This is an awful lot of work to go to, for a one-time purchase.  I strongly recommend that you leave your payment method in place.  It is quite safe.  If you are worried, I suggest that you link your PayPal account to a real life bank account rather than a credit card.  Then transfer only enough money into your PayPal balance to cover your Second Life expenses, and don't keep a lot of money in the real life bank account either.  This will limit your exposure to things like hackers or other online financial hazards.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.