Private object creating area?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Buy some land... put a skybox platform at altitude of 4000m. (Don’t forget to create a LM to get back to it).   it’s not totally secure but you should notice when anyone is getting close.  

If you want absolute security. Setup a sim-on-a-stick ..... your own little world on a USB drive.  Google SIm-on-a-stick, should still be out there. tho... you’ll need to transfer to SL if you want it inworld.

Edited by AviNews
  • Thanks 1

Please define "small" and "private" by your means.

Get any plot of land, either Mainland or Estate, any size that you need, set access to just yourself / your group, turn off character rendering for any "outsiders", get that 4000m plattform if you like ... that's all you can do.

• Like 1

Ripley... don't worry about 'buying land'.... SL land is NOT as complicated or expensive as buying Real Life land. Actually the BEST deal is to get that Premium Membership (it is about US$72 per year). With that, first.. you GET BACK L$300 PER WEEK which amounts to approximately US$60... so costs is actually only US$12 per year.

NOW the 'land'... with Premium Member.. you GET FREE 1024sqm of LAND without paying extra. One way is to get a Linden Home.. which you can 'create' things inside of it, that will be 512sqm (they may be getting bigger soon .... going up to the 1024sqm). So with a Linden Home you have NOTHING more to pay.. and you're getting BACK L$300 per Week (on Tuesdays). NO ADDITIONAL COST.

Your 'security' in a Linden Home.. you can 'set' it so no one can see you... and believe.. not 'allow' anyone to enter (using Ban Lines). They will be able to 'see' your creations... by 'camming' but they NEED to be in the neighborhood. The Linden Homes that I've had there's HARDLY EVER been any nearby neighbors.. all is quiet and peaceful. Also.. there is a 'policy' that you cannot create that 'skybox platform'... but you don't NEED it, since no one is around. (if they are.. you'll be able to  see they are nearby)

If you decide NOT to take the Linden Home.. it is YOUR choice.... you can then  'buy' 1024sqm of land from someone else. The cost for the most inexpensive land for sale is about L$1000 (that's about US$4.. paid in L$'s.. and it only takes a couple clicks of your mouse.. BOOM ya got it.. and NEVER pay any more to stay there. It comes with all the security of a Linden Home... AND you CAN place that skybox platform up in the sky for GREATER security. You are required to have Premium Member status to 'buy' mainland.. without it you can only rent land... unless you start looking at HUGE islands and estates.. that would get expensive (but you don't need Premium then)

BUT.. get that Premium membership and HAVE FUN!! .. AND ANOTHER THING.. if you want to 'move'.. you can SELL your land.. so you don't really have to pay anything at all for it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RipleyVonD said:

Is it possible to have a private area to build where only I can log in? Not an entire sim but a small private space. Thanks.

OMG Ripley. So surprised (and happy) to see a comment from ya! Been years -- or seems like it. 

Head on over to Aditi Mesh sandboxes. No one bothers you there. Lani is around from time to time. She is "me" for all practical purposes LOL.

If you want privacy rez a platform up in the air, but most of the time it is pretty quiet over there. Since you don't want to pay for your uploads when testing, getting mainland would likely be a waste. IF you wanted to do that you can rent land and put up a security orb. There really IS NO PRIVACY unless you own a whole sim and don't let anyone in LOL.

Hope to see you around sometime. I am easy to find. 

• Like 1

Has it been that long? I've always been around, not much here though. I think Aditi is the way to go, simple sounds good for now.

AviNews, that is a long helpful post and was probably exhausting to write. Thanks!

Edited by RipleyVonD
Added sentence

8 minutes ago, RipleyVonD said:

Has it been that long? I've always been around, not much here though. I think Aditi is the way to go, simple sounds good for now. Thanks!

Well it certainly seems like "forever". Yes Aditi is a good choice all around.    Take care. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Head on over to Aditi Mesh sandboxes. No one bothers you there.

I use those occasionally. There's a place where four regions meet. I and various Lindens do region crossing tests there, which is why there are so many vehicles sitting around that region corner, some stuck in midair.

For routine sandbox construction jobs, I recommend the adult premium sandboxes west of Zindra. Four flat empty sims. Few griefers buy a premium account, so that's not a problem. Not that private, but not used much, either. You might see someone off in the distance working on a big building.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, RipleyVonD said:

Premium sandboxes that's it! I wasn't sure how to ask for that specifically.

Yes PREMIUM sandboxes are only available to premium members which you apparently don't want to be :D.   Also you would have to pay for uploads there since that is the main grid. So not so good for testing.  Mesh Sandboxes on Aditi are similar except that at times there is junk on the ground (not too often happily).    

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Mesh Sandboxes on Aditi are similar except that at times there is junk on the ground (not too often happily).  

Well so far my Aditi experience was griever free, Chic, :D fingers crossed it will stay that way.

1 hour ago, RipleyVonD said:

I felt this gave the impression I was ok with a premium account. Which I think has great perks.

Absolutely, I just read that incorrectly :D.    And more perks to come.  If you are a super smart shopper you can get a 1024 very cheap and hide out there if you so desire :D.

So lots of options for you then. All main grid uploads will cost though   -- I think I have saved several HUNDREDS of US dollars by testing on the beta grid LOL.    But I know some folks just hate it there. 

And happily it is almost quitting time. Busy day. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 11:05 AM, RipleyVonD said:

Is it possible to have a private area to build where only I can log in? Not an entire sim but a small private space. Thanks.

I am a Premium user, and I appreciate having a simple little home base to put together small objects, prototype others, and Premium sandboxes for bigger projects and putting stuff together. Premium sandboxes are relatively dead, and everyone is so paranoid they usually warp out within seconds of you arriving - other users are scared of everyone else so you will have the sandbox to yourself.

You can find land to rent or buy, usually for the price of your automatic stipend you receive as a Premium member, but the experience will be more laggy and the landscape nearby with ugly builds may not inspire you very much.

Stick to private home and Premium sandboxes.

For testing, use OpenSim and Firestorm on the PC, work out all mesh problems and scaling, then come build the pieces in SL.

Edited by entity0x
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.