Recently canceled my premium..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

40 minutes ago, Carl Thibodeaux said:

Abandoned my Linden house.. Never owned any land.

That was 1-2 weeks ago..

But it says I have a $4.00 montly charge. Is that normal?

in that case you most likely owned land, or donated land to a group in the past month during your premium.

Land holdings are always billed afterwards.

You can see the peak usage in the landmanager.

If it's not right you need to contact billing support.

15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

in that case you most likely owned land, or donated land to a group in the past month during your premium.

Land holdings are always billed afterwards.

You can see the peak usage in the landmanager.

If it's not right you need to contact billing support.

I only owned my Linden house. That is it. I never donated land to a group... Unless it counts adding group to a premium house parcel?

Allowed holdings: 0.00 square meters  Upgrade to Premium to get land!
Current holdings: 0.00 square meters
Available for purchase: 0.00 square meters
Peak square meter usage: 512.00 square meters
Total monthly cost: USD 4.00

512 square meters looks a lot like the Linden house (which has that area)...

It shows your peak which was most likely during your premium time ...  As I never was premium I have no idea how canceling it works usually. If you abbandoned your home before canceling prmium I surly would contact billing suport as Alwin said avove.

15 minutes ago, Carl Thibodeaux said:

I only owned my Linden house. That is it. I never donated land to a group... Unless it counts adding group to a premium house parcel?

That's puzzling. You had your Linden Home, which used your tier-free 512 sqm. Apart from the cost of the premium account, that home cost you nothing. When downgrading to Basic without abandoning the Linden Home, one would expect that the ownership of the Linden Home land would disappear, because Basic accounts can't own mainland. It can't be anything to do with paying monthly for the Premium account, because $4 a month is way too little. So it's puzzling.

I would do as Fionalein suggested and contact Support.

I got a pop-up when I first attempted downgrading as I was still holding my Linden home. It said I need to release it first.... so I went back and dumped it, no biggie.

felt this was odd tho ‘cause I thought I could hold it till my annual ran out (30 day out yet). Guess not! But I am still receiving my stipends on that account.... even as showing Basic.

That peak monthly holding needs to be considered when hold land, I know.  You need to sell/abandon land Before buying other land (or that number gets bumped up for the month.... even if you only hold both for a matter of moments.

5 minutes ago, AviNews said:

I got a pop-up when I first attempted downgrading as I was still holding my Linden home. It said I need to release it first.... so I went back and dumped it, no biggie.

felt this was odd tho ‘cause I thought I could hold it till my annual ran out (30 day out yet). Guess not! But I am still receiving my stipends on that account.... even as showing Basic.

That peak monthly holding needs to be considered when hold land, I know.  You need to sell/abandon land Before buying other land (or that number gets bumped up for the month.... even if you only hold both for a matter of moments.

you have to release the land or you can't start the downgrade, thats why you mostly read here to do that as close possible to your billing date.

Stipends keep comming also during the downgrade.

If you still get them after your downgrade ended and you'r basic again it's a bug in the system :) and you'r lucky

OK. This sort of answers a question I had on another thread where others were saying that a Linden home didn't count as land when downgrading.  It looks like I was correct and the Linden home counts as your "512".  That happened to a friend of mine and folks were saying that it couldn't have happened. Here is a current case two to add to the evidence.  

So, perhaps things have changed.  IF THAT IS THE CASE, then anyone reading this and wanting to downgrade will EITHER have to give up the Linden home a month before downgrading OR expect to pay $4 (the minimum at the time of this writing but could change in the future) for the cost of the 512.  LAND is always charged on the previous month and it appears that NOW anyway, a Linden Home counts as that land.  (Now of course everyone gets 1024. )

It may have been that in the past it was not and that is why that info was passed around on that other thread. 

I didn’t want to get ‘that close’ to my premium billing date.... because I had deep suspicions that things would not ‘go well’. Was no concern on my part, and getting stipend... so am happy! (Will see this Tuesday!)

when it comes to US$’s   I pay attention!  L$ now... where’s dat tip jar ‘round this place!?

Edited by AviNews

18 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

[...] and it appears that NOW anyway, a Linden Home counts as that land.  (Now of course everyone gets 1024. )

It may have been that in the past it was not and that is why that info was passed around on that other thread. 

It always did count as the tier-free 512. It was always a case of either the Linden Home or buy a 512 somewhere.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Contact billing. The Linden Home should NOT cause any billing after you release it and downgrade.  If it does, then LL has messed something up. 

https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

Billing team is available from 6am to 3pm PST, Monday through Friday.

Local Toll-Free numbers (for Billing issues)

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

It always did count as the tier-free 512. It was always a case of either the Linden Home or buy a 512 somewhere.

Yes I think most of us understand that. The point being made in that other thread was that you could abandon your Linden Home and not be charged for the "past" month once you had gone back to basic. So -- people were saying -- you would not be charged. That didn't seem correct to me based on what happened to my friend. This seems like a similar case. 

5 hours ago, Carl Thibodeaux said:

Allowed holdings: 0.00 square meters  Upgrade to Premium to get land!
Current holdings: 0.00 square meters
Available for purchase: 0.00 square meters
Peak square meter usage: 512.00 square meters
Total monthly cost: USD 4.00

I think that might be normal if you've been premium it's been a lot of years since i'd been premium for one quarterly cycle only had a Linden home in that time. account history just shows the one quarterly payment no other charges, since then i've always had the same under my land holdings (never been charged) but it shows the monthly cost as 4.80 because i'd have to pay VAT, where as the land manager shows 0 for sqm & cost. checked my alts that have never premium and they show peak sqm & cost as 0 for land holdings

Edited by Claireschen Hesten

1 hour ago, Bobbie Faulds said:

Check your groups. That's more the amount if the group has the thing checked to share monthly cost among members. You probably didn't notice it before. Check you Linden transactions and it will tell you who it went to.

as far i know group liabilities are not going through landholdings but directly to your balance, only donated land would show up there, and there's only the 512

Edited by Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.