Lara Mesh Body with a Classic Head

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I did search the forum data base for a possible answer to my question needs but it is giving me all mesh body questions.

So, I am going to ask here even though I'm sure this has been addressed hundreds of times.

I want to get a Lara Mesh body but I want to keep my Classic avatar head.

I am working with the demo now to get a match to my Classic head but it is a tricky one -- it's an Albino skin.  

I was able to match Slink feet using the white and then the red to adjust the skin to more of a light pink as the Albino skin has a lot of pink in it.  How I did this, I don't know, it was just a stroke of luck.  

However, matching the demo of the Lara Mesh body to the Classic skin of the head by using the white and then the red and trying a light pink is not working.  

Where the head attaches to the Lara Mesh body, it makes the Albino skin look like it has a gray undertone where the two meet at the neck.  Anyhow, the body and head colors at the neck join do not even comes close no matter what I try.

I tried that in viewer tool of SHOW COLOR UNDER CURSOR but don't understand it and it just keeps changing a bunch of numbers of my screen -- like the numbers are in continuous motion.  I just don't understand how to get the SHOW COLOR UNDER CURSOR to work.  

Any ideas or knowledge on what to do to get a match to a Classic head?  I also noticed the Lara Mesh body skin may be brighter than the Classic skin and can this "brightness" issue present a problem for a match to a Classic skin of the neck and head?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Edit to add in info:  Okay I finally figured the SHOW COLOR UNDER CURSOR must keep changing because my avatar is moving with the AO.  So, I took the AO off and got a read (although the legs, arms, face are all different reads).  Anyhow, this is a box tinted the colors the SHOW COLORS UNDER CURSOR gave me on my arm next to my Classic Albino skin.  It's not even close.  I tinted the box first with a white texture then tinted it the colors it gave me.

Snapshot_240.png

Edited by FairreLilette
more info

Generally, the recommendation is to get an applier for your body that matches your head. Try the skin store where you purchased your current skin, and see if they make Maitreya or Omega body skins. If they do, you're in luck - buy, add, and click. (You'll need a relay if it's an omega applier; I won't go into all that now and you may already know, in any case.)

If they don't make appliers, things get more complicated. The base Maitreya skins aren't white; even the palest is a light flesh tone, so you're trying to tint something that already has a tint. It doesn't work well. It's possible, but it likely won't ever be perfect. You may, with a lot of work, get close. 

Show Color Under Cursor allows you to find a specific RGB value from a spot on your skin. You can then enter that value into your Maitreya HUD to color your body, but again, the body is already tinted. This may help you get closer, but you'll still have to refine it. To use it well: 

1. Choose a bright light setting, such as Nam's Optimal Skin, to remove shadows.

2. Stand on a pose stand to keep yourself still. 

3. Chose a spot high on your neck with a tone somewhere between the lightest and darkest color of your classic head skin. 

4. With Show Color Under Cursor enabled, hover your cursor over that spot and record or memorize the resulting numbers. Every time your cursor moves, the numbers change, because a skin is composed of many, many different tones. You're trying for a medium tone, not the darkest or the lightest spot on your skin. 

5. Check your Maitreya HUD for a place to enter those numbers. There should be one, though I'm not inworld to check. 

6. Fine tune using the color picker. If it's dramatically off, try again, using a darker or lighter spot on your skin, depending.

Honestly, though, I can't stress the applier thing enough. Appliers are the only way to get that perfect match. If you can get one, it's 100% the best option. 

Edited by Ariel Vuissent

As you may have gathered from other posts, you will never get a perfect match even when using the same skin applier (and I am guessing from your post there isn't one for the skin you want to use anyway.  

You will be better off IMHO to go with the Maitreya feet. If you have purchased shoes in the past, the ones for the last few years most always come with both Slink and Maitreya so a redelivery will get you the shoes in Maitreya form.

So you, like many many thousands of others will need to decide what to do from here. You can wear a choker to cover the neck seam and that's really the best you can do. You COULD switch to a Glam Affair skin (hope I have that right as it's been awhile) so that you can match the tone (I think Artic may be the lightest ).   

You will still likely have "some" seam issues as mesh bodies and the legacy avatars are very different creatures and the makers of the bodies could (and can) only do so much :D.

PS. MOST IMPORTANTLY realize that making your skin match in YOUR viewer with YOUR Windlight setting doesn't do a thing for how the rest of the world will see you. So check LOTS of Windlights while you are testing. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

Okay, I am completely new to appliers, Ariel, and I've never used one.  The Albino Classic skin comes with appliers.  I was thinking the appliers where for face only, don't ask me why I was thinking that.  So, this Albino skin with appliers has body too!  Oh, how wonderful!  

Well, that could work.  Let me finish lunch and see what appliers came with the Albino skin.  

If your skin package includes a system skin and a Maitreya or Omega applier then that is perfect!

If you have a Maitreya applier, just wear your Maitreya body and hands and feet, and click the applier.

If you have an Omega applier, then to use it on a Maitreya body you will need to get the Omega Relay for Maitreya, wear your Maitreya body and hands and feet, attach both the relay and the applier, and click the applier.

You can also use an Omega applier on Slink feet, but first you will need to get the Omega Installer for Slink, wear your Slink feet, and attach and click the installer, which will make the feet Omega-compatible. Then attach the applier and click it to apply the skin.

Hi angeoco,

It's an Omega applier plus one for Slink.  

So when I clicked the Omega applier, it didn't apply the skin yet then?

Here is a pic of where I see the gray on the neck where the body and head connect, and this is when I used the Omega applier.

I turned off all shaders and the skin wasn't a match.  It must be the Omega applier then.  

This is my first time using an applier.  It's a little scary because I don't know anything yet.

p.s.  It is general audience now to model bras in the U.S.  This is like a bikini with a bow.  I hope this photo is okay here.  

Snapshot_251.png

If you use a skin and applier from the same creator, you'll can often manage to get a really nice match on one side (side of neck or back of neck or one side and half of back of neck).  However, under the chin, because of shadowing, it will likely never match perfectly.  And any match you get, will change with different lighting.  Mostly this is because a texture applied to the system body is just not fully the same as a texture applied to any object.  Even with a mesh head and mesh body, a lot of people have difficulty with the matching.

Thus why so many folks these days wear chokers.  B|

Pic 1 is one side of neck, and pic 2 is other side of neck.  Standing still and simply rotating the camera for the two pictures - using CalWL lighting.
image.png.9781f43f2819b445288461bfe772d471.png    image.png.8be3830b73e97b1548e6a3482dddc7e6.png

Okay, so now's a good time to get into Omega appliers. ;)

You need this thing. It may be cheaper inworld, but that's what you need to use Omega appliers. Wear it, then apply your skin. (When you do, make sure your body is NOT tinted. It needs to be back to white, no tint, or the applier won't really help much.) 

There is NOTHING you can do with an applier that cannot be undone. Worst case scenario, you get a free redelivery of your body, but generally, you can use the Maitreya HUD to fix pretty much anything, applier-wise. There's nothing to be afraid of, and if you DO manage something you can't fix on your own, the Maitreya Lara Friends group inworld is full of very helpful, friendly people.

Okay, I bought it and the skin went on with no problem with the relay and the instructions to wear the relay and then apply the skin.  It's all on.  I love the hands and the nails, and the feet too!!  There is a bit of gray on the neck but that is shadowing in the skin itself I think.   Overall, it looks very nice and I am very pleased with it!  Time to get into appliers...lol...yes, it was time.  I was just ready now.   I still want my head for now though!   

Thanks for the help!  

• Like 3

Buy the omega maitreya relay from store attach it as a hud.

Add your skin applier for the skin you have if it has option click for full body.

Maitreya hud has options for glisten/gloss/shineyness effect on skin you can play around with these options and try get it to blend.

If that fails you also have an option to change the neck size on hud 7 to 11 does most female ava sizes i have found. 

There should be some skin layer options as add on or marketplace that help blend it better. I had maitreya lara for a long time with classic head and blended it perfectly same with slink it is do able. If you need any help drop me an IM in world. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.