You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have some time to spare the next few months so I'm able to offer private lessons to those who want to improve their technical skills in Second Life building.

I'm happy to help you with your build in any way I can but my main speciality is the technical aspect of content creation, particularly:

• For mesh:
    • LoD (Level of Detail): How to make good LoD models without sky high land impact
    • Physics: How to make efficient, low LI physics models
    • Land Impact: Reduce the LI, not the quality!
    • Mesh landscaping: How to make low LI walkable ground mesh or surround landscapes. Either from scratch in Blender or by cleaning up JVTEK or prim-to-mesh converter meshes
    • How to clean up in Blender meshes created by Mesh Studio, Mesh Generator or Firestorm's/Singularity's mesh export function.
  • For textures:
    • How to make alpha cutout textures with paint.net. (Warning: creating alpha cutout textures is not for the impatient!)
    • Filter Forge beyond the factory presets. The basics of modifying and creating your own Filter Forge filters.

I know my limitations and do not teach fitted mesh - sorry.

For most of the mesh lessons you need some basic knowledge of either Blender or Mesh Studio/Mesh Generator and although I can give generic lessons, they will be far more effective if you have your own project we can work on.

Practical details:

• Each lessons lasts between 45 minutes and one hour.
  • Lessons are in English and text, not voice. I do not have voice enabled and you want to keep a written log of it anyway.
  • Time by appointment. I live in Western Europe and I am usually available during regular waking hours in that time zone -  between about 1 AM and 6 PM SL time - but I may be able to schedule lessons at other times of day too.
  • Price, 4,000 L$ per lesson - half in advance.
  • The advance payment is refunded if you cancel 24 hours or more before the appointed time. After that it is not refundable but I will try to reschedule if you contact me before the lesson is supposed to begin.
  • Make sure you get the time zones right so you can be there on time. Apointment times are always SLT.
  • If I have to cancel, you will get the choice between a full refund or a rescheduled lesson at half the price.
  • If we have to cancel becasue of technical problems neither of us are responsible for, you get a choice between a refund or a reschedule.
  • Ideally the lessons should be held on the beta grid so you can do test uploads without having to pay for them. But we can do it on the main grid if neccessary, either in my workshop or at your place. (I will probably need rezzing rights at the location during the lesson.) Payment is of course on the main grid, not on beta.
  • You may bring a friend or two as observer(s) if you want to and let me know in advance.
  • Give me as much details as possible about your project in advance. The more info I have, the better I'll be able to help you.

For more info or to make an appointment, send me a private message on the forum or an IM in-world to ChinRey Resident. I will usually respond within 24 hours but on rare occasions it make take a little bit longer.

Edited by ChinRey
Added a few possible subjects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.