Hair glitching!

Oeasiz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'm having problems with my new Mesh Body and Mesh Hair.
I changed from Maitreya to Slink HG recently, and is now having issues with my hair glitching in my boobs.
I've tried different sizes of hair, adjusting the body shape etc. but only fix so far is flat chest which is strange, since with the Maitreya you could get pretty big boobs without the hair glitching as long as you were wearing the boobs+ or in some occasions fitted hair.

Here's an example while it's fitted on my Slink HG body:
hairglitch_001.jpg.1f7a97aa755e645f29702e6c773715a8.jpg

Here's an example of fitted boobs+:
hairglitch_002.jpg.4c21039935bb4a52ddb6e380b78444b1.jpghairglitch_003.jpg.c3035380c6427b947a72fa4ca4adb4ff.jpg

Any suggestions on what to do?
Also I've tried different creators hairstyles and same issues with the different sizes. AND! Even if I make the boobs bigger, the gap between the hair and boobs stays the same, just moves further out. I don't know what to do, I tried looking on youtube, and the forums, even the guide of HOW TO USE the Slink HG body, but nothing. Please help! 

Thank you! 

Edited by Oeasiz

It looks like you are wearing fitmesh hair, which will change shape according to your breast size, but if it is not labelled as fitted for Slink HG or another big-boobed body then it will probably never fit properly. What you can do is use rigged hair and adjust your body shape to fit it.

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

I know of unrigged hair I have some myself, but the thing is that even when I put the ones on for big-boobed body then that huge gap happens, and no matter how I change the body shape it will have that much air between the boobs and hair, which is the other problem I'm having....

I wasn't able to find a suitable fitted hair in my inventory, but here is a rigged hair that I found. At a small breast size the fit is reasonable, but at size 100 the cutting is ridiculous, so this hair is rigged for small-to-medium breasts. Other rigged hairs are rigged for big breasts, so it can certainly be done.

Snapshot_001.png.93234b31038e278f1bde8273417ace24.png

Edited by angeoco

3 minutes ago, angeoco said:

I wasn't able to find a suitable fitted hair in my inventory, but here is a rigged hair that I found. At a small breast size the fit is reasonable, but at size 100 the cutting is ridiculous. Other rigged hairs have plus-size options, so it can certainly be done.

Snapshot_001.png.93234b31038e278f1bde8273417ace24.png

That's the thing, most of my hairs has the plus size option but that when that gap happens, and it wont grow smaller if I try to adjust the shape which is what I'm also having trouble with.

3 minutes ago, Oeasiz said:

Do you also happen to know a few high quality hair stores for big boobed bodies that has the rigged/unrigged versions as well?

I think all my hairs were freebies/cheapies smile.png (and it shows sometimes!) but there are plenty of hair experts here who I'm sure can help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, angeoco said:

I think all my hairs were freebies/cheapies smile.png (and it shows sometimes!) but there are plenty of hair experts here who I'm sure can help.

Okay, well thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it!

5 hours ago, Oeasiz said:

Do you also happen to know a few high quality hair stores for big boobed bodies that has the rigged/unrigged versions as well?

At least one of the freebie hairs at Truth includes a version for bigger boobs. my boob sliders aren't maxed out like yours appear to be they're large though, most of the hair i wear is from Elikatira i don't often wear long front styles but those i do have from the store haven't caused any clipping with my outfits worth at least demoing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oeasiz said:

when I put the ones on for big-boobed body then that huge gap happens, and no matter how I change the body shape it will have that much air between the boobs and hair,

This is because the hair is fitmesh and thus changes as you change your body size -- i.e. it will always be xxxx distance from your boobs.

There was a hairstore that I visited recently that had 3 'boob' versions with different gaps for boob size.  I'll dig in my inventory and see if I can find the one that I bought.  With the boob versions, you won't always get a perfect fit, but can maybe find one with only a tiny gap.

Also, as Claire mention, Truth has a variety of hairs with the boob versions, so many pop over and demo some of those.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

The problem is the hair isn't being rigged for specific mesh bodies in the same way clothing is. They are either targeting one specific mesh body (that you aren't wearing) or the default Linden avatar.

I have yet to find any hair that handles this correctly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just saw an ad from Rezology - they have some hair that has rigging to the breast sliders, so it should adjust properly with breast size changes.  Here is the MP ad I saw - look at the third picture: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/rezology-Sky-263-Bento-RIGGED-mesh-hair-SK-2582-complexity/10678894?page=3&ple=r

Rigging to the breast sliders is not likely to help. 

Clothes are made for a body, meaning the clothes and the body have the same weights and move in unison when the slider is moved. That allows the clothes to be very close to the mesh body. Unless the hair is made for the body, sliders won't help.

I think Bento hair is advertising hype.

The hair was only L$28 so I bought it and then played with my breast slider. The hair stayed the same distance from my breasts regardless of breast size - though definitely not as far out as OP's pictures.  So it is rigged to the breasts such that it adapts to size, unlike the picture that Angeoco posted above where larger breasts made the hair cut in.

The few times I saw someone use 'bento' with hair was one that was rigged to some odd body bone (tail, lower leg ?) so that the hair moved when the avatar moved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.