Sign in to follow this  
Jack Allandale

sim crashing once in every 20 minutes

hi.. for the last 3 days we r experiencing a weird problem  on our rented island. we asked for the landlord but she didnt reply. she s offline most of the time. so i wanted to ask here. have you ever experienced such a thing? sim is crashing once in every 20 minutes.  it s like there s a timer which restarts the sim. she said she restarted the sim but it didnt work. if we hadnt paid for 2 weeks rent 3 days ago, i wouldnt bother.  but now i m very curious. what may be the reason for this? have u ever experienced such a thing?

21 hours ago, Jack Allandale said:

what may be the reason for this? have u ever experienced such a thing?

3 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Watch your Radar. Does anyone teleport in just as the sim crashes?

Question: Is the "restart every 20 mins" approximate guestimate or have you actually timed it, I find it unlikely that somebody could tp in exactly every 20 mins to crash the sim.

If the sim is crashing very closely to a timed schedule, then odds are it's an object rezzed on the sim it's self that is doing something horrendous.

It could... Could be a timed attack by a bot set up to crash the sim but, that's an awful lot of trouble to go to, as a random attack, that would have to be a very personal vendetta.

You really need to do some testing, watching the sim stats as it approaches crash, use crtl-shift-1 to open the window with the figures. If you can see WHY the sim crashes (number of rezzed prims, or number of running scripts or excessive physics time, etc.) then you are closer to fining out what or who is causing it.

Contrary to popular myth, restarting a sim is NOT a magic cure-all for it's ills. Restarts wont remove a scripted object that, after 20 mins, does something that crashes the sim, for example.

• Like 1