looking for goth and or shtposter friends

necrosister

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it?

I remember that from like...forever ago when it was really popular. Ironically on the forums people complained a lot about the inability to walk in scenes. We directed them to SL all the time, or told them to go back there.
After a while I took my own advice and haven't regretted it since. Or been back to imvu since xD

Welcome by the way!

Edited by Syn Anatine

28 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Is it?

I remember that from like...forever ago when it was really popular. Ironically on the forums people complained a lot about the inability to walk in scenes. We directed them to SL all the time, or told them to go back there.
After a while I took my own advice and haven't regretted it since. Or been back to imvu since xD

Welcome by the way!

SL seems incredibly complicated avatar wise and more expensive but it's definitely more lively and life-like

Yeah Imvu is pretty dead now, the people in charge did a few things that a lot of the users and artists were really not pleased with and made it almost impossible for them to make their living

11 hours ago, necrosister said:

SL seems incredibly complicated avatar wise and more expensive but it's definitely more lively and life-like

Yeah Imvu is pretty dead now, the people in charge did a few things that a lot of the users and artists were really not pleased with and made it almost impossible for them to make their living

I agree, SL does have a steep learning curve but I promise it's well worth it to learn. There's a ton of youtube videos and blogs to help you get started, the forum is also incredibly helpful.
If you do end up with a question you can't find the answer to, just don't hesitate to ask :)

• 2 weeks later...

IMVU isn't completely dead, but yeah it's not what it used to be anymore. I was on IMVU way back in like 2008, and didn't migrate to SL until about 2013-2014 after all my friends already left for SL. It has an extremely steep learning curve to it, and that's what kept me from migrating earlier. Some basic suggestions I could give are...

1. Download a different viewer. The default viewer is complete garbage. I find it a lot easier to navigate a viewer like Firestorm. Spend a considerable amount of time familiarizing yourself with your viewer. Look around, click on stuff, see what it does. The more fond you become of the viewer, the easier things will be for you here. 

2. Buy a mesh body & head. If you have a decent avatar and can spend a little money, invest in a body and head. While you're at it, look carefully at product descriptions and see if they mention your body or head of choice. Finding a decent body and head combination that has a lot of support behind it will save you from the headache of resizing stuff. 

Personal preferences of mine are... Male Body: Signature Gianni or Belleza Jake. Male Head: Catwa heads or LeLutka Andrea. Female Body: Maitreya Female Head: Catwa heads or LeLutka heads. 

3. Spend some time watching tutorials. Learn how to get land, unpack stuff, and the basic controls. Spend some time fiddling around with them yourself, and try to teach yourself through trial and error. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.