LL is making a mistake in it’s approach to selling us on Sansar as we see so many visitors saying, “I don’t get it.”   Yeah, that’s me!  But i get Sansar now and I’ll explain in a moment. But first, their very BIG mistake.

Dear Sansar,
  You are turning off a FULL one-third of your potential audience!  You see, contrary to what extroverted personality types may think, they do not comprise 95% of the population, nor even quite 70%,  but rather, as surprising as this may be to your jolly, chatty extroverted techy Sansor reps, we INTROVERTED personality types (which includes your creators) comprise a third of humanity.  That is Hugely significant!

And it means that your official homepage where we see all those happy Sansar extroverts with their excited arms waving in the air,  is a turn off to a huge population.  Or at least it is NOT a turn ON.  Oh, I tried viewing a couple of the Atlas-Hopping videos and saw immediately that was the last place i want to go.  Too much nonsense, little focus, no real message, and not much substance. Not informative, since I walked away thinking, “I don’t get it”   And to an introvert, that type stuff is not entertaining!   So, OOps, flubbed on that one, Sansar.  I'm only being blunt here because i LOVE SL and want it to succeed!  Including YOU if that makes it happen.

It’s not that the happy/chattery videos are “bad” but it doesn’t fit the introvert personality types.  We can endure a bit of childish and we can have fun, but we see it as a waste of our time. The introvert is not bored and has things TO DO in our lives.  All the babbling veers off track.  We don’t watch late night comics; our IQs are not low enough.  And please realize that among the “creators” out here that you are trying to attract, a vast body are introverts who’s batteries are not charged by the happy arm-waving types,  but rather become drained by it.  Obviously, you really don’t want to lose this group of human beings.  We are contributors. Thus, your current vision efforts are OFF.   You need some new minds up there.  

OK, moving this flaw aside, I can tell everyone why I now GET Sansar, and it’s in a way that all of that silly scattered malarky and “community-meme” messaging is missing.  

You see i first noticed the fine landscapes but thought they are dead.  Nothing moves here, and in Sl we have animated skies and fireflies and waving trees, but THEN i realized of course, those are creator produced content.  SL in it’s beginning would be the same static landscapes as Sansar until all the creators got their hands on it and create the cool stuff for us to to build our worlds!

So, in a flash I got it!  I went there with some kind of vague expectation, as do so many others, and baby, what we are seeing is the beginnings.. it is the raw canvas -- that is Sansar -- another creator’s paradise waiting for us to enter in and roll up our sleeves and make stuff happen.

Of course, SL has utterly awesome creations too, so then, why should we bother moving to Sansar? That IS the question and it is NOT being addressed sufficiently.  All those pretty Sansar landscapes need people roleplaying in them. That is the GLUE that makes sims live for a vast number of regions in SL.  Talking about vague “community” doesn’t bring it.  It must happen in Sansar if it is to survive, just as it happened in SL.  Because roleplay produces strong individual communities that last years, and not just some dreamy concept of a universal broad platform “community” that really doesn’t exist.  No you need clearer targets, Sansar, and the groups that will grow from them.  I can tell you that introverts love group roleplay aLOT because they bring meaning to it.  They play for depth, not just chatting antics with friends in voice, and all the happy arm-waving babble.  No, you NEED this introverted contingent as part of your new world.

And as much as you don’t get it, dear Sansar, voice is NOT important in roleplay communities.  It, in fact, gets in the way by bringing prosaic nothing-special RL into the new and fantastically creative specialness of the virtual world.  Who pays to go there just to voice chat from RL   So once again, Sansar, you are emphasizing something that is not as relevant as you seem to think it is, especially not to that vast OTHER contingent you are ignoring out here, and to whom textual emoting is a fine dramatic art,  and it is deeply satisfying, and yes, moving.  And it is ongoing year after year, a group effort of contemporaneous novel writing in essence, but with SL objects and scripts involved.  It's magic.

No, Sansar, you need some truer vision up there at Sansar headquarters! You don’t know what you’ve got, and I want SL (and thus LL) to stay in business.

~

you wrote way to me words explain to me in just 2 works wat sansar is about ? 

btw i tried sansar and to me it seems its  imvu 2.0 or  like the lindens said ok we dont need avatar wandering around everywhere bein free lets keep them in 1 place like in imvu and no sex stuff like in imvu makin it imvu by the lindens ?

aha i just explained  sansar way better then u did n i got it correct  

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

aha i just explained  sansar way better then u did n i got it correct  

No you didn't. I'm not a grammar nazi but for gods sake, write cohesively and use a spellchecker. Everyone makes typos but your post was a jumbled mess.

And then to claim you explained things 'better', you do know in order to explain things better those reading your explanation need to be able to understand it in the first place?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Quinn Lysette said:

no sex stuff like in imvu

Oh there be sex stuff in IMVU. You must not be looking hard enough.

Posted (edited)
On 11.5.2018 at 8:42 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Oh there be sex stuff in IMVU.

You can have sex in Sansar too as long as you make sure you're not caught. The old irc way - all text emotes and no real use of the visuals - is still a quite common role play method in SL and it works just as well in Sansar. And in any other virtual reality for that matter. The only place where there is no sex at all, is in Real Life.

Edited by ChinRey

On 5/11/2018 at 11:11 AM, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

And it means that your official homepage where we see all those happy Sansar extroverts with their excited arms waving in the air,  is a turn off to a huge population. 

Not sure you mean introverted as much as autistic. And the ASD segment of the population who might find happy people a turn off certainly isn't 30% of humanity.

Trust me, most introverted people are more then happy to see cheerful pictures of people having fun. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2018 at 6:11 PM, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

LL is making a mistake in it’s approach to selling us on Sansar as we see so many visitors saying, “I don’t get it.”   Yeah, that’s me!  But i get Sansar now and I’ll explain in a moment. But first, their very BIG mistake.

No... I disagree. I don't think you've gotten yet. I'm not sure anyone does.

You still seem to be still thinking of Sansar as a newer Second Life community with everything in a single world. It won't be. Nor is the Lab likely to run a community as they do with SL.

The Sansar world will be more like the SL blogosphere... individualized, specialized...

We will have to wait for creators to build their worlds.

Edited by Nalates Urriah