Original mesh for men

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I don't shop much in SL, I'm bad at it.

Yesterday however I was looking for an outfit and the only matches I found were either pre fitted or pre mesh entirely. 

That also made me notice something- am I crazy or are there only like, 3 stores in SL that make original mesh for men? Worse, they only release new every couple years...

Everything else seems to be poorly textured full perm mesh.

Mancave, Hipster, Men Only Monthly, Men's Dept (all on Seraphim listing) as well as A and D. MEVA makes men's things now but most role play  designs. Sure there are others.  Most events these days (well the top two tier ones) are all original creations so no templates. 

Just shop a little more :D. 

Stores from the "We Love Roleplay" participants list might also be interesting, especially if you are looking for more than the the average of plain, old, boring sportswear with ill-fitting baggies and "this piece of cloth is just an excuse" tanks to show off the currently trendy tattoo store with DeviantArt designs pressed into an applier.

FlickR has also a nice line-up of male themed "show of your look" groups. Giving credits isn't hip with every poster, but at least with a growing number.

This is one issue I'm very verbal about, but there are a little bit more than 3 stores that I'll regularly buy things from:

- Deadwool: By far the best quality in both mesh and textures in my opinion, and also with a fashion aesthetic which really appeals to me.
- ColdAsh: Has modern clothing of high quality, as well as some interesting formal wear.
- Ascend: Mostly modern clothing as well, much of good quality. Some rigging/clipping issues with some items on some bodies.
- Agata Mode: Does both men's and women's clothing, they have a few clothing items for men that I wear. Never see them mentioned anywhere but I recently visited the store and saw that they had actually expanded on their selection from the one shirt and one pair of trousers for men they had back when I found them.
- PFC (Pucca Firecaster Creations): Well worth mentioning, though they exclusively make 'role play apparel', ranging from fantasy to ancient Rome and Hellenic. Much of it quite skimpy, both for men and women.
- Lapointe & Bastchild Designs: Has some pretty good stuff, modern/biker mostly, rigs for most bodies as far as I can tell. Never actually bought anything of theirs though, they're quite pricey.
- Gild: A bit too wild for my taste, in most instances. 

"But Orwar, you haven't mentioned Gabriel? The biggest, bestest one menswear brand to rule them all?"

No, no I have not. I'm afraid I find their textures so terribly sub-par that I will not wear their stuff unless it's a very secondary piece in an outfit which won't receive much attention, or a one-off item in which the fabrics actually comes textured. I'm not a fan of clothes that look as if they're made out of plastic.

On top of those stores, there are some that has the occasional apparel for men, but who mostly do accessories and such that appeals to me: CerberusXing, Cureless, Aii, Remarkable Oblivion, Contraption and Real Evil (jewelry). 

As far as events go, I think @Chic Aeon got the most of them down - one 'could' mention The Men Jail Event, but unless you're into plastic fetishwear for boys who wish they were in jail, they rarely bring anything interesting to the table. A sword cane was the most interesting thing this month's round. There's also the E10 event that everyone was so hyped up about when it was announced - but anyone who already read what I had to say about that will know that I had no kind words in store for them. All I'll say about E10 is: Board Shorts & Tank Tops.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On Orwar's list, there are a few candidates who also match the following criteria ... besides the few ones I don't know yet and which I need to check out with my guys. If you like, you can turn it into your own kind of puzzle:

• The perspective is terribly off, usually with zippers the size of half a hand, which leaves the whole item look cheap. Its price actually is far from cheap.
  • Permission mix-up, because the items are offered in two flavours. End up with a no copy / no mod / no transfer item. The merchant doesn't understand that due to language barrier and resends the very same object.
  • Lack of updates
  • Time limited, patronizing demos
  • Very limited number of supported bodies

This is actually less promising than I'd hoped.

I've seen a few of these creators on the MP, and unless their in world store(s) offers a lot more variety, the options are still ridiculously limited.

Edited by Gadget Portal

7 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

... usually with zippers the size of half a hand, ...

You misuderstand that. It is for True Men, because you still can use those zippers when stone drunk.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2018 at 2:13 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

The perspective is terribly off, usually with zippers the size of half a hand,

On 5/13/2018 at 7:03 PM, Fionalein said:

It is for True Men, because you still can use those zippers when stone drunk.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:32 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

... and in the spirit of true equality, it's also for True Women, 'cause the details on their clothes have the same size aspect. ^_^

This might be unisex zipper? Zip, zip, ziiiip... :$xD

2018-05-14_zipper.jpg.1ec647f7ce83d57f7b9ec0f76a4fd169.jpg

On 5/13/2018 at 2:48 PM, Gadget Portal said:

This is actually less promising than I'd hoped.

I've seen a few of these creators on the MP, and unless their in world store(s) offers a lot more variety, the options are still ridiculously limited.

Not a lot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.