Things are bleary.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the title says, things are bleary, ad boards some times never can be seen, appliers take forever to render or be un-bleary or become clear.  I have a pair of Omega shorts I have only seen once, and that was on a premium sand box that was empty using the LL viewer, yes the viewer is up to date.  I have used the LL viewer and two 3rd party viewers, all with the same results.
I have tried setting my graphics from low to high, nothing helps.
What setting am I missing?
(I have no problems with any other programs on my computer, my graphics are great and give me no problems except on Second Life)

Second Life Server 18.04.30.515008  (from my Linden Home)

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor              (3311.16 MHz)
Memory: 8139 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 24.21.13.9764
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 397.64

Window size: 1920x1058
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 24m  (have moved this up and down, no help)
Bandwidth: 500kbit/s
LOD factor: 3
Render quality: 2 / 7
Advanced Lighting Model: Disabled
Texture memory: 1024MB
VFS (cache) creation time: April 02 2018 19:08:41

Computer looks good enough. Textures and mesh data transfer from LL's server to your computer over your internet connection. Run a speed test. Stop any other programs using up the bandwidth. Try a different SL viewer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

As the title says, things are bleary, ad boards some times never can be seen, appliers take forever to render or be un-bleary or become clear.  I have a pair of Omega shorts I have only seen once, and that was on a premium sand box that was empty using the LL viewer, yes the viewer is up to date.  I have used the LL viewer and two 3rd party viewers, all with the same results.
I have tried setting my graphics from low to high, nothing helps.
What setting am I missing?
(I have no problems with any other programs on my computer, my graphics are great and give me no problems except on Second Life)

Second Life Server 18.04.30.515008  (from my Linden Home)

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor              (3311.16 MHz)
Memory: 8139 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 24.21.13.9764
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 397.64

Window size: 1920x1058
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 24m  (have moved this up and down, no help)
Bandwidth: 500kbit/s
LOD factor: 3
Render quality: 2 / 7
Advanced Lighting Model: Disabled
Texture memory: 1024MB
VFS (cache) creation time: April 02 2018 19:08:41

When you say "appliers" I see "HUD's". How many HUD's do you normally keep on-screen? All the textures of a worn HUD are always kept in video memory at full resolution, and that's video memory that can't be used for rendering the world outside so it can cause other textures to get shortchanged.

• Like 2

Note the tooltip shown below for the Viewer Texture Memory Buffer setting - "Reducing this may improve performance but may also make textures blurry".  Have you tried raising that to 2GB from the 1GB you seem to be set at? Your GTX 1060 has a standard video memory configuration of 6GB (Edit: Missed your 3GB spec detail in pasted info sorry). Also, be aware that Windows OS itself uses video memory as well as background applications such as Google Chrome browser. You will notice this if you use GPU monitoring tool such as GPU-Z which can report video memory utilization. I personally use the Black Dragon viewer which has a built-in GPU memory meter.

bab05e4997b2ace3b201129ae57ad231.png.0a46d7fe9b0d8a8149b3b241251f1c3d.png

Also, Speedtests are generally done on some random speedtest server that may not reflect closely to the SL servers because of entirely different locations or different network routes. You will want to test against the server you're connected to or a speedtest server closest to it. Unfortunately, I don't have any up to date info on which speedtest servers to use. Maybe someone else knows.

Edited by Kurshie Muromachi

• Turn on advanced lighting.
  • Set your draw distance to 96 meters (too small means textures might be lost)
  • Verify your antivirus is not scanning your cache
  • SSD? Run defrag so it's trimmed
  • Not an SSD? Run defrag so it's not splattered all all over the disk
  • Make sure your bandwidth slider is between 800K to 1200K (Less is generally more here)
  • Try using another viewer... if you are using the LL one, swap to Firestorm. If you are on Firestorm swap to the LL one
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:
  • Turn on advanced lighting.
  • Set your draw distance to 96 meters (too small means textures might be lost)
  • Verify your antivirus is not scanning your cache
  • SSD? Run defrag so it's trimmed
  • Not an SSD? Run defrag so it's not splattered all all over the disk
  • Make sure your bandwidth slider is between 800K to 1200K (Less is generally more here)
  • Try using another viewer... if you are using the LL one, swap to Firestorm. If you are on Firestorm swap to the LL one

Turn on advanced lighting.

Stays on.

Set your draw distance to 96 meters (too small means textures might be lost)

96 normal setting, have been setting much lower to see if that would help, will keep at 96.

Verify your antivirus is not scanning your cache

I have added the cache to not be scanned. This could be part of problem.

SSD? Run defrag so it's trimmed

No SSD

Not an SSD? Run defrag so it's not splattered all all over the disk

Drive is only 3% fragmented, but will defrag later.

Make sure your bandwidth slider is between 800K to 1200K (Less is generally more here)

Was at 500, changed to 1000.

Try using another viewer... if you are using the LL one, swap to Firestorm. If you are on Firestorm swap to the LL one

Have never used Firestorm, using LL viewer for now. Most of the time use Kokua.

Boards, and “every thing” appear to rez faster.

Thank you, this appears to be helping, SL is never fast but never seeing some things is just to slow.

This video card replaced a GTX 550 Ti and is a much better card. I did not have this problem with the GTX 550 card, and not at first with the new card. Things always change.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.