Mainland Temp Rezzor

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My neighbor is slowly moving all his various ventures from around SL to a single parcel on Horizons, store on sim floor, mini mall in the sky, many skyboxes and (if the teleporters he has out are any indication) many more to come.

He is putting literally everything he can get away with into multiple temp rezzors that zip around his build; Wall hangings, floor coverings, plants, furniture. click to join group inviters, intan dance ball clients, signage, some teleporters ... In one multi-floor "art gallery" skybox he has everything that isn't the floor rezzed this way. Everything has at least one script in.

By session de-rendering his build and seeing what comes back, I'm estimating that he's over 350 temp "prims" in use at this point - the actual number in use will be ~double at peak so there is an overlap and objects don't vanish. His is using fewer statically rezzed prims which makes his intentions to push this to the max very clear.

My question : Is this allowed? Is this something I can abuse report? 

(I am unable to message or talk to him directly as he blocked me the day he moved in. I have pictures, but don't wish to break any rules posting them).

• Sad 1

17 answers to this question

You could always try putting up huge parcelborder prims...get the neighbors on his other sides to do it too...color 'em some awful shade and print "TEMP ON REZ ABUSER" on 'em.  Stack 'em up clear to the 4096 build limit.  You know the drill...the SL version of a spite fence.

• Haha 3

You can try submitting an AR on the grounds that you think he is degrading the performance of region resources, specifically causing lag on the servers by repeatedly rezzing objects.  That would be a violation of the Community Standards which says, "Objects, scripts, or actions that interfere with or disrupt the Service, servers, or other systems related to the Service will not be tolerated in any form. You will be held responsible for any actions taken by, or caused by objects or scripts that belong to, you or your account."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am pretty sure I remember it being AR worthy if someone on a sim hogs far too many sim resources, I just did a search but I couldn't come up with the actual TOS statement. Perhaps @Rolig Loon can help?

Edit: Rolig you are faster than lightning! xD

Edited by Syn Anatine

1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Abuse reported. Fingers crossed.

I checked out some of the builds he hasn't consolidated on this parcel yet .. half a dozen 90 prim skyboxes .. that are only 11 static prims each :( 

good luck

10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You could always try putting up huge parcelborder prims...get the neighbors on his other sides to do it too...color 'em some awful shade and print "TEMP ON REZ ABUSER" on 'em.  Stack 'em up clear to the 4096 build limit.  You know the drill...the SL version of a spite fence.

A shame it get's abused so often. Gives all the legit uses (like rez a  temp vehicle on demand) a bad name...

He has half a dozen of those too for his car business .. but that's fine.

These are just gaming the system to avoid having to pay for more land, the way they dart about all over the place makes them really hard to find ..

I would really like to see some solid guidelines for their use or some throttling that would make them impractical when abused for static content.

Edited by CoffeeDujour

14 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Following abuse reports from myself and his immediate neighbor, a Linden was seen on the region .. the temp rezzors are all still in place. The immediate neighbor has put their land up for sale and intends to vacate.

Don't give shady Landbaron Tycoons ideas how ti buy cheap and sell sell high again with temporary temprezzers...

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

It just feels like I should be putting everything I own in a temp rezzor and letting a parcel I bought for additional prims go.. what was I thinking.

There is actually a limit to the temp rezzed items in a sim... if you do enough his stuff would eventually fail to rezz and people would fall because off dissapearing floors... Nope don't do this, but you could argue if it's OK for him it must be for you as well...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Temp rezzers are not forbidden by LL.  So in that sense, it's "OK to do".  I have a few temp rezzers on my land for things like fish.  What is NOT OK is to use temp rezzers to such an extent that they affect the experience of others.  Most landlords have a policy against them because they can be used to "get around" prim limits established for the tenants by the landlord...and they do it by essentially stealing the prim allowances of others.  I once went to a place where darn near the whole sim was temp rezzed.  It was absolutely awful.  I could hardly move, and I couldn't sit on anything.

I'd move, were I the OP.  A double prim allowance is not worth living next to a neighbor like that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.