What's new in the 2.3.6.227447 viewer?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well at least it is opt in so ladies you will only be objectified (more objectified) if you choose to be..Of all the changes brought about by the TPV's it's  a pity that the most juvenile of them all is what they go for. Proof they are still looking to get the fan boy's(and dirty old men) as new members..

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

viewer developers will probably be happy to note that the source now behaves with autobuild and visual studio (well the ones that use those)

inventory fetchs can now use compression (lowers bandwidth requirements)

and other minor fixes and changes

there's not really much in there for the average resident to care about besides jiggly bits =/

but is is only a third number upgrade

2.6 Comes with a tommy truck of nasty bugs :smileysad:

Just unbelievable this is out of Beta really.

I experienced a significant slower load and rezzing. By coincidence i turned off HTTP-textures and then it was a lot better again. Is that borked too ? Good grief. And in 2.4 i had a micro freeze every 3 - 4 seconds. And 2.6 isn't really an alternative. It also can crash at logging out, AA and anisotropic are borked. And there are issues with saving and able to see (changed) profiles.

This is some nasty piece of software at the moment bah !

My card is very well supported and the drivers are the latest. I even went back through earlier drivers (of course by using driver sweeper to avoid conflicts or effects from earlier installed drives) but it seems 2.6 is at fault.

At the moment i can choose 1.23.5 and 2.6 with all the bugs. 

I will use the first for daily fun :smileyvery-happy:. 2.6 If absolutely necessary (e.g. outfits with multiple attachments).

The Basic login has no positive effect on logged in last 30 days either. Concurrency keeps on dropping as well. Newbies i meet seem to got stuck on what to do in SL since they can't see the 'beef'. yak.

Pfffff i do hope LL will get back on track, because this whole 2.6 viewer is crap at the moment and counter productive for both users and SL so it seems to me, so sad :smileysad:

oh good you got my note that 2.6.2 fixed the stuttering issue...

I haven't noticed any problems with AA or anistropy, other than they don't work with FBO/shadows enabled (and never did), but that's easily fixed by turning them off in SL and overriding them in the vid card control panel. The crash on logout is new to me... have you (or someone) filed a jira and included the logs for it? easier to fix things when they are known =)

I'm not saying v2 doesn't have a host of other problems, or that "basic" mode isn't a mind numbing disaster (and I've looked at what it does, there's no reason the viewer shouldn't be able to hot swap those settings, instead of requiring a close)... but the problems you mentioned either are fixed (stuttering) have workarounds (AA anistopy) or are new to me (crash on close)

Perhaps a laundry list of problems you are facing would be more useful than spamming your hatred of v2 to EVERY post about a v2 issue someone is having (we get it, I despise v2 on multiple levels too, so I'm right there with you)... perhaps then people could point you to fixes for specific issues at least.

yeah it's a PITA to have to troubleshoot problems, and ideally we wouldn't have to... but I think you'd prefer solutions to it just being broken, yes?

PS
if/when you decide to make that post, you might want to make your own thread for it, so it can get full attention, rather than being tacked onto another thread that probably won't have the same visibility.

Void Singer wrote:

I'm not saying v2 doesn't have a host of other problems, or that "basic" mode isn't a mind numbing disaster (and I've looked at what it does, there's no reason the viewer shouldn't be able to hot swap those settings, instead of requiring a close)...

The way that the 'Basic' mode was written was quick and easy, and as a result does not allow for hot swapping.  It was a sensible use of resources, and I'm sure we'll be seeing it's second incarnation soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.