Sign in to follow this  
Julia Oxalis

COMPLEXITY/DISPLAY

(LOOK THE PIC) Hello guys, i want to ask something really important about display section, i want to know why does it happens... when I tried it on my own hair (linking & unlinking), i can't see a big difference about each other in display section like this hair from truth. I really want to understand about it, what does it means? I tought it was a way to decrease display status, but it doesn't work to me.

why.png.056f4f07f1455df177eccd9abf1e09d4.png

It's a BIG difference, it doesn't looks normal :o

Thanks for the attention <3 ^^

It's because the render cost formula uses texture consolidation within linksets. If two or more items use the same texture, each instance of the texture is added separately to the calculated render cost if they are unlinked. If the items are linked, the texture is only included once.

With fitted mesh, the render cost is just a meangless number anyway. The formula has a couple of other bugs and errors too - some of them even bigger than this - so there is no relationship whatsoever between the calculated and the actual render cost.

Edited by ChinRey
Typos
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

It's because the render cost formula uses texture consolidation within linksets. If two or more items use the same texture, each instance of the texture is added separately to the calculated render cost if they are unlinked. If the items are linked, the texture is only included once.

With fitted mesh, the render cost is just a meangless number anyway. The formula has a couple of other bugs and errors too - some of them even bigger than this - so there is no relationship whatsoever between the calculated and the actual render cost.

thank you so much! ^^