HOPE FOR DEVIN

Roy Mildor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Alana01 said:

Ich finde es unzulässig und unkorrekt, das der Besitzer einer Sim diese schließt wie er es für richtig hält, ohne die Mieter zu warnen!  Devin 1 und 2 wurden mit viel Liebe, Phantasie und viel Arbeit geschaffen. Solchen Vermietern müßte sofort das Konto gesperrt und die darauf befindlichen Einnahmen eingefroren werden für Regressforderungen. So bleibt Betrügern weiterhin Tür und Tor geöffnet!

Ich wünsche mir das "Linden Labs" die Statuten ändert: nämlich die Vereinbarung mit den SIM-Besitzern. LL darf nicht zulassen das ein solches Verhalten stattfindet, nur weil es nicht eines Ihrer Länder ist! Linden Labs muss sich vorbehalten eingreifen zu dürfen, indem sie die Sim öffnen für die Mieter damit diese ihr Eigentum nehmen können oder die Sim sogar an den Mieter zum Verkauf anbieten falls der Landbesitzer mit der Miete bei LL im Rückstand ist.

Ich drücke euch fest die Daumen und hoffe das Linden Labs euch hilft, eingreift. Schließlich profitieren sie ja von uns Usern.

Dem  stimme  ich  dir  voll  und  ganz  zu.  Es  darf  nicht sein  , dass  Besitzer  machen  können  was  sie wollen,  somit  unterstützt  Lindenlab bewusst oder  unbewusst erhebliche  Betrügerein, und  macht  es sich  mega einfach  zu sagen  ,  nope....da halten wir  uns  raus, die sim is ja nicht  von  uns....... 

2 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

You have two options: Somehow buy the Sim from the current owner (not rent it/any part of it, outright buy it and pay the tier on it yourself, directly to linden Lab) or write it off, move on and find somewhere else to go.

That's it, that's all and no amount of pleading here in the Forum will alter it.

we  would  like  to  buy  the  sim,  but  1. we  cant  reach  the  landlord  2. you  have  to  buy  a full sim first  and  thats a no  go  for  us .

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I think your best bet is to contact the land baron and find out why they closed it. Maybe they had good reasons (griever attacks, simulator malfunction or similar) Worst case scenario: find a more trustworthy land baron.

i live  on  the  sim   almost  3  years  ,  i would have  noticed thing  about  a  griever ....also  the   sim  performs  very  well,  i dont see  any  reason   to  come  sneaky  and  close  the  sim without  saying  me a word.  for  my  opinion its  really   rude   and cheating  .

3 hours ago, Cesartje said:

I agree, that is a nice idea. Rent directly rom LL. I have seem so many cases of landlords disappearing from second life (happened with me, and i rented a small dome, very low rent, but a lot for me). I hope you will be able to solve this, that its a temporary situation. If not, do as Maianne and others said, reconstruct it somewhere else. You are an artist and I am sure you will be able to build another beautiful sim. 

half  sim  is  not  an  option  for  us .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ally Daysleeper said:

I find this forum helpful to also let LL know how things sometimes go down. Maybe that way LL will change things or help out in this matter. We payed rent afterall and this guy closed it down without refund or any notice about it being shut down. I still hope there is a chance for Devin 2.0 if the old sim cant be brought back to life.

HOPE for Devin

i  agree  with you, i notice  that   some issues  of  Lindenlab   are   not welcome  to make  it  public, cuz  than  people  see there  is  something  wrong  with  the  rules and terms.  i  have the  feeling people  shall  not  notice  about   such  situation and want it nicely sweep under the carpet.......

17 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Did he return your stuff?  If he didn't then you could report that to LL using the correct channels. A support ticket or maybe abuse report but as many others have said, this sort of thing happens all the time when renting from a private landlord and the only way to stop it happening again is to get a sim directly from LL

the stuff   is   still  all  there,  i  got  nothing  back  yet.....  sim  is  just  closed

• Sad 1

16 first-time posters on this thread so far (most of whom we will never hear from again, outside of this thread). If each of those posters - who care so passionately about this region - became premium users, at a cost of just $7 per month, and donated their tier to a group dedicated to keeping the location going then that would be a considerable inroad into the monthly upkeep of renting a full, new region from Linden Lab. And I'm fairly certain there are a lot more people out there who don't post on this forum (or who haven't yet heard the call to arms) who would be willing to do the same in order to keep this apparent treasure of SL online.

Second Life is made of pixels, inspiration, and money. And when that last one runs out, the pretty places go pouf.

Alchemy Immortalis. Ceangeal. Empress & Hierophant. Silent Sparrow. Cadeling Gardens. SIC49. The Block. Little Nepal. Airship Outpost. Venexia. Just some of the places I have loved and lost in this fragile pixel world we inhabit.

It costs a lot of cash to keep a region going in SL. Those who love a place as passionately as the people posting here in support of Devin need to support it, both financially and with tier donations. It can't always come out of one person's pocket, and it's always safest to rent directly from Linden Lab rather than from some landlord who could shut up shop at a moment's notice.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Roy Mildor said:

...somit  unterstützt  Lindenlab bewusst oder  unbewusst erhebliche  Betrügerein, und  macht  es sich  mega einfach  zu sagen  ,  nope....da halten wir  uns  raus, die sim is ja nicht  von  uns....... 

Instead of trying to work with LL, it's really a brilliant idea to insult that special someone, who is the only one in a position to help you,  and blame them of directly or indirectly committing fraud.

You don't wish to help yourself and you turn down all sensible solutions which might actually get you somewhere. Well, of course you and your gang can keep posting lament after lament, but that won't change anything. You may have to consider the cold, harsh truth that your sim might not have been as important as a SS Galaxy or whatthatshipname or a Mont St. Michel, which have actually been rescued. 

Last but not least, it is also pretty rude to come to an English forum section and post in a foreign language. Feel free to continue posting in German in the German section of this board. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Instead of trying to work with LL, it's really a brilliant idea to insult that special someone, who is the only one in a position to help you,  and blame them of directly or indirectly committing fraud.

You don't wish to help yourself and you turn down all sensible solutions which might actually get you somewhere. Well, of course you and your gang can keep posting lament after lament, but that won't change anything. You may have to consider the cold, harsh truth that your sim might not have been as important as a SS Galaxy or whatthatshipname or a Mont St. Michel, which have actually been rescued. 

Last but not least, it is also pretty rude to come to an English forum section and post in a foreign language. Feel free to continue posting in German in the German section of this board. 

If someone   post  here  in  german  cuz  he/she  can  not  talk  english  then  i  reply in  their  language,  thats  kinda  friendly  move of  me  :)

and  it´s  not  rude  to say  people  close  their  eyes ...it´s  fact !

Edited by Roy Mildor

There is a recent post here somewhere where people posted their favorite long gone sims.  I am pretty sure everyone has a list.  We are all sympathetic to the fact your sim has disappeared but it's not the first, nor will it be the last.  You can rent another sim from many places but there is absolutely no guarantee that it won't disappear overnight too.  The only way to minimise your risk is to get all these people here supporting you and donating towards a sim directly from LL.  In the short term you need to ask LL how to get your stuff returned.

• Like 4

Please all calm down and take a deap breath. I would be upset too if that happened to me but the Lindens have their reasons not to mingle in Resident vs. Resident cases. Yes that is a harsh reality and I bet you feel cheated but there is nothing you can do. All you do now is angering more people. Don't forget some landlords read the forums too. The way you present yourself here might be an indicator for them wether they should lend you a helping hand or decline any of your future rent proposals. Yes the situation sucks. I totally understand you there, worse yet, you cannot even name who wronged you due to TOS. But yeah, the way you handled it wasn't ideal either. So I repeat myself: please calm down, all of you, the other side too, consider how you would feel in his place. Thanks.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 4

I think LL should open up their policy and allow residents to get Homesteads without getting a full sim first.

I mean, I been i SL so many years, never premium, never Mainland, not until the free land was doubled. Now, I have three premium accounts and group owned Mainland. Would not have happened if it was still only a poor 512 free land for premium.

So I think, if LL changed the rules for Homesteads... they would benefit from it. But we can only wish.

• Like 8

I have seen  you posting on FB non stop about this. making shirts to sell to people with # slogan.  You even have people donating Ls to you. 

No amount of protesting or contacting LL is going to bring that back.  LL doesn't run it. All you are doing is wasting your time. LL don't care and they never will.  You need to move on and stop taking peoples money on FB. 

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think LL should open up their policy and allow residents to get Homesteads without getting a full sim first.

I mean, I been i SL so many years, never premium, never Mainland, not until the free land was doubled. Now, I have three premium accounts and group owned Mainland. Would not have happened if it was still only a poor 512 free land for premium.

So I think, if LL changed the rules for Homesteads... they would benefit from it. But we can only wish.

I totally agree !! We would  buy a  homestead sim right  tomorrow  if  we  would  not  be forced  to   buy a  full region first  .....  they really should change  this

7 minutes ago, PickleflufferButternut said:

I have seen  you posting on FB non stop about this. making shirts to sell to people with # slogan.  You even have people donating Ls to you. 

No amount of protesting or contacting LL is going to bring that back.  LL doesn't run it. All you are doing is wasting your time. LL don't care and they never will.  You need to move on and stop taking peoples money on FB. 

I  DONT  SELL   any  shirts !!  

I never asked  for  money.  be  careful with  what  you  saying !

We never sold any t-shirts,a friend of us thought he could support us that way. When you give an answer to something read the whole chat,this is about asking for help or finding ways to keep the sim and to us this sim means a lot. I find it incredible how some people react when asking for help...

• Like 1

Oh, oh, oh ... is this the rapidly growing root for a German debut on http://slsecrets.com?

12 minutes ago, Ally Daysleeper said:

I find it incredible how some people react when asking for help...

"Asking for help" has nothing in common with a bunch of one-time-posters suddenly showing up in best crybaby attitude and the leader of the pack making demands paired with preaching wishful thinking, while turning down every useful suggestion with "naaah, don't want that". So what kind of reaction did you actually and realistically expect?

• Like 4

Lets at least be real dude.  I have read all your posts on FB. I KNOW someone made those shirts for you to sell and get money. I also know MANY people are donating to you and you are taking that money.  All of you need to grow up really. NO one is going to save this land for you. Move one already. let it go.  You are not getting  your money back so go take the money you have now and go rent some place use and stop with the endless posting and crying about it. BTW i can also see you crying abut what i said above on your FB just now.  And i'm laughing. move on dude. 

40 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

but.. do you gét money?.... and do what with it?

Yep, they did as they bragged about it in their FB posts. I’m sure we will see a event benifit for them too and for what idk. They can’t afford to pay for a sim on their own. Endless people are all coping that stupid hashtag of theirs because they actually believe that getting the word out to about less then 100 people will make a difference? They live in fariy land. 

What are you gonna do with that money you got from people? Hum? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.