Update on Marketplace Delivery Delays

Brooke Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've bought three items on the Marketplace yesterday, from three different merchants, in three separate purchases. It took almost an hour until the items were delivered. This explains why I'm dealing with so many disgruntled customers as of late, some of which leave a "I didn't get my item" one-star review instead of contacting me. This is simply not acceptable, imho.

It appears that the Marketplace software puts all purchases in a delivery queue instead of signalling the magic box of the merchant to initiate the delivery right after the purchase. Which makes the Marketplace pretty much unusable for me. My main reason to shop on SLM is that I often need an item right now. If that is no longer possible, I'll have to shop inworld instead and advise my customers to do the same.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to file a support ticket on a marketplace issue right now.  When I select Marketplace and then General Marketplace Issue, fill out the rest of the fields and hit submit, it keeps throwing up an error telling me to choose a valid field as 'Marketplace is not an available option'...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Brooke,

I don't want to jump to the conclusion that I am not getting paid for a lot of my market place sales, but..... :(

The other day I was stood next to my market place box, and it started burbling away to itself in local chat and said it had delivered 3 items. Great I thouight, especially as one item was something I just listed a few days ago so it would have been the first one I had sold (hence these messages couldn't have been about old sales already processed). It would have been over L1000 in total, so I certainly would have noticed my linden balance increasing.

Except no corresponding sales transactions shows on my marketplace screen and I have received no payment for these sales. I waited 2 days expecting it was just something that would update itself later, but after 2 days I am starting to think it won't.

Is this part of the same problem or something different? Obviously I have no idea how many times this happens when I am not in world and stood next to my market place box. Just in case you want to chase this up, some sixth sense made me take a screen print, showing the messages saying items have been delivered if that would be any use and you want that forwarding to you.

Sonya.

Oh this is bad Sonya.  And it could possibly explain why I had a few days there where MP sales were significantly down for no apparent reason?  I have pretty consistently good sales on MP, then next to nothing. Back to normal now.

I hope they do follow up -- and if so, will you post about it here?

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my suggestion for the developer/person that thinks 8 hours is ok.

Go to the cinema, say half an hour before the film.  Order the tickets online using your mobile phone or whatever.

Wait around in the foyer for 8 hours while it says "tickets are being delivered".

Got the point yet?

15 minutes MAX, absolute max for a timeout on a virtual product.  There is no other commerce platform that makes an electronic transaction last more than 2 minutes before either succeeding or failing and backing out.

I don't care what the excuse is be it "it's your magic box" (it isn't my magic box) or "it's the volume of sales" (yay us!).  The timeout is innappropriate and expects people to wait online lest they lose the item if they logoff and are IM capped.

Please fix it, this cannot be more than changing a constant in a line of code.  2 mins to fix.

• 4 months later...

The last post I can see here was in July, but it is November and I am STILL having this problem, even more now than ever.  Several items I have ordered through the Marketplace over the last month have been delayed for more than an hour and some were even reported as delivered when I had not received them.

We shop on Marketplace for CONVENIENCE, but lately it is becoming much more convenient to go to the in-world location and shop there.  Lag is faster than Marketplace delivery delays.  In fact, if I order a RL pizza and buy something on Marketplace at the same time, chances are very good that I will get the pizza first and probably have time eat it, too, before my Marketplace order arrives... if it arrives at all.

It's time consuming and frustrating to sit around waiting for delivery, writing notecard requests to the merchants asking them to solve the problem, and waiting for them to answer sometimes days later.  Furthermore, AS A MERCHANT myself, I have to watch for notecards and check email for missed (capped) IMs to make sure customers aren't trying to contact me about deliveries.  The current state of Marketplace is more of a hassle than it ever was useful.

• 1 month later...

During this past month i have always had issues with deliverys from SLM, it does not matter if i buy one or items from a merchant. the products do get delivered... Eventualy this is very frustrating, now i wounder what LL will do about this.

There are many things to take into consideration alot of you put the blame entierly on SLM alone. But the fact is that SL servers are in sutch a bad shape at the time being so it might also be some serious lag when it comes to the Magicboxes aswell as SLM being over trafficated with resident making it very slow so the request from SLM > Magicbox > resident > SLM might be seriously laggy. Now i have no idea on how to fix this issue but there is no secret that LL servers are slow.

Now i would shop inworld for the time being because of these issues. Although some merchants dont have all there items in a shop in the world of SL, some might not even have a shop at all.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4260

Delivery delays acknowledged, unresolved.

Busy time of the year when customers expect delivery.

Dear LL, Santa will NOT be delivering on Christmas Eve this year due to delays stocking up with gifts from the Marketplace.  Santa woud like to acknowledge that he is aware of the disappointment that this will cause to Christmas Day but rest assured, presents should be delivered by New Years Day.  In the event of non delivery on New Years Day, please wait until next Christmas when this years presents will be delivered as there is only one delivery round per year.  Santa xx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.