Update on Marketplace Delivery Delays

Brooke Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooke Linden wrote:

One other question that has come up concerns negative reviews received due to failed deliveries. Please flag the review using the link provided below the review comments, and these will be removed from your listing if the failure is due to a technical problem with the Marketplace.

Do people actually have the power to write a review prior to receiving an outfit? If so please stop that!

Just to report something positive in between the many negative apocalyptic reviews

at one point i had 80+ deliveries queued up (including freebie) and all of them have been delievered!

While they were not delivered i downloaded all the names that have not received their purchase yet and put it in a 80L$ mailer system and informed them about Marketplace issues! Got a lot of "thanks for the info" responses to that mailing!

It took less than 5 minutes from the idea to the execution and people felt comforted by being not left alone in the dark!

Technical issues can happen, they simply can and as frustrating they might be it is better to use your energy to provide a positive support to your customers instead of wasting energy on "Negative Linden Thoughts"

I love my customers, they are the best... they deserve to be informed and since Linden Labs clearly has issues with that because of their office hours i consider it  my job to do it for them! After all it is my business, my income and my reputation on the line!

Brooke Linden wrote:

Excerpt:

One other question that has come up concerns negative reviews received due to failed deliveries. Please flag the review using the link provided below the review comments, and these will be removed from your listing if the failure is due to a technical problem with the Marketplace.

Hi, Brooke!

I wanted to ask if this is just for the interim focusing on this particular kerfuffle, or if this will be available to merchants permanently. The marketplace constantly has delivery failures on some percentage scale, and many customers don't understand that concept. They will review items 1 star for not receiving the item, and I see this every single day, on good items from good merchants that don't deserve it.

My deliveries are blessedly good, but they weren't always that way, and when the marketplace started, I was getting failed deliveries left and right no matter what I did, or how many magic boxes I had out in a myriad of sims. There's only so much a merchant can do, but a lot of customers don't "get" this, and it's really frustrating when we're powerless to unfair gaming or abuse with the ratings over things that aren't our fault. Then we're handcuffed by the TOS and completely unable to do anything but be embarrassed whenever anyone sees our item rated so low. In the past I have completely delisted items and deleted them to avoid this embarrassment or stigma against my business or items.

If this is just a band-aid for now to remedy the fact deliveries have been exceptionally poor lately, is there anything merchants CAN do when they feel they have received an unfair review due to failed delivery on the Marketplace?

I feel this affects all merchants - its even something that frustrates and embarrasses me, and I have a norm of successful deliveries (*knocks on wood*), so I can only imagine how stressful it is with merchants afflicted by lower success rates. If there is something merchants can do, or if this is a permanent tool of understanding and assistance for us merchants, I will be so impressed and grateful to LL, as I feel this is a glaring unfairness that's been allowed to go on too long.

There still seems to be an issue with marketplace, but it's not with purcased items not getting delievered at all for me.  I've been trying to buy different items for my alt accout for two days now, each time the delivery has failed, but I get my money back.  Seems technically marketplace communications are down, this has to be costing people a lot of sales, including me.

I agree josh ive never argued the case with the customer i always redeliver , im just saying LL have a big issue here cos it says delivered and its not it says redelivered and its not theyre taking my commission and not delivering the goods.

im having to send customers the items from my inventory because redelivery is not working

it is time to round file the shopping cart it is the thing that is failing and creating the failed deliveries....I tell all my customers not to use it...wonders how long we have to wait until lindens grab a clue on this.... how long has it been failing ? how long have we been telling you its failing? again ya all never listen to us...(smacks a linden up side the head with the BROKEN shopping cart) Listen please its BROKEN

i sold a pack.. but i did not got any money from it..

Oh and they have the pack deliverd..

On the site of sl it does not say anything..

On here it say I sold a pack for 1k and deliverd..

But no money.. Hope this will be solved and not happend more

Brooke,

We have a negative review on one of our products due to marketplace non-delivery. However, we cannot flag it "Marketplace - General Marketplace Issues".  We can only flag it "Inappropriate Content".

Is there a way we could get some help on this? It seems that other folks are wary on buying this item, even though it was just due to a marketplace delivery problem.

Brooke,

Thanks for the update. Can I make a very serious suggestion for a new feature to you? Why doest marketplace add a feature that lets the user themselves reship an undelivered item that is copy?  This would be an opt in feature for the merchant and can be set by item. 

This would save us and you a lot of grief.

Ai Velde wrote:

Brooke Linden wrote:

Excerpt:

Hi, Brooke!

I wanted to ask if this is just for the interim focusing on this particular kerfuffle, or if this will be available to merchants permanently. The marketplace constantly has delivery failures on some percentage scale, and many customers don't understand that concept. They will review items 1 star for not receiving the item, and I see this every single day, on good items from good merchants that don't deserve it.

My deliveries are blessedly good, but they weren't always that way, and when the marketplace started, I was getting failed deliveries left and right no matter what I did, or how many magic boxes I had out in a myriad of sims. There's only so much a merchant can do, but a lot of customers don't "get" this, and it's really frustrating when we're powerless to unfair gaming or abuse with the ratings over things that aren't our fault. Then we're handcuffed by the TOS and completely unable to do anything but be embarrassed whenever anyone sees our item rated so low. In the past I have completely delisted items and deleted them to avoid this embarrassment or stigma against my business or items.

If this is just a band-aid for now to remedy the fact deliveries have been exceptionally poor lately, is there anything merchants CAN do when they feel they have received an unfair review due to failed delivery on the Marketplace?

I feel this affects all merchants - its even something that frustrates and embarrasses me, and I have a norm of successful deliveries (*knocks on wood*), so I can only imagine how stressful it is with merchants afflicted by lower success rates. If there is something merchants can do, or if this is a permanent tool of understanding and assistance for us merchants, I will be so impressed and grateful to LL, as I feel this is a glaring unfairness that's been allowed to go on too long.

They will remove reviews like this any others that have nothing to do with the product or customer service issues.

very very sad :-(

in the last 3 months attack me inworld with IM's or NC peoples with non deliver product boxes ... i lost many time and purchasers with this.... my items was always set on transfer mode and i can not always re-deliver :-(

...and the biggest nonsense: i have buy today for a test himself (from my owen listed products)  ....i become NOT my product AND PAY COMMISSION FOR THIS TO LINDEN !!!!

3. The vast majority of undeliveries, display a Delivered status.

And as has already been said, the most annoying is there is way of realizing it unless a customer comes to claim, meaning all those who don't claim, just stay with their frustration, what is a very bad point.

Most undeliveries have been purchased with the "cart" system, which seems to particulary fail.

"Marketplace is currently experiencing delays" : Marketplace has always been slow and has always known since the early undelivary issues. 2 magic boxes, filled of less than 50 items, up to date,  duplicated on 3 different SIMS are not enought to avoid these failures.

" who purchased multiple times" : Is there any justification for not refunding a customer who bought only once? I see none, I do refund even 1L$, sorry to ask but why not LL ?.

Is the amount of conditions required here, to be able to refund our customers, made to make us pay from our own way ?

Reviews should and must be the subject of a mail Alert, this is the only way to "turn into positiv experience any bad review".

Sorry for the tone a bit upset but the marketplace has one year old now ?

Brooke........ is it possible to either fix the broken shopping cart or disable it please.......... i am so tired of failed deliveries cus people buy multiple items with that broken rusted useless peice of crap shopping cart..... i do not understand why this issue is taking so so so long to be addressed it should be top of the pile ...i realize your working on new ways to deliver but for cryin out loud already how many failures does it take before people just get sick and tired of this crappy service...you hurt our business which in turn will hurt your business please fix this issue...thanks

The shopping cart was the result of the blind pig-headededness of the original marketplace migration "team" who insisted on the damn thing, despite much hew and cry from merchants at the time. I doubt if It could be removed now, technically, without significant disruption, even if they wanted to.

To the merchant with screaming customers because they won't redeliver transfer items (sorry not going back to check who) - sometimes you just have to err on the side of keeping customers happy. Who cares if someone gets another copy of one item? It costs you nothing, and makes the difference between someone else having a good or bad experience with your business. I always figure that if a tiny effort on my part can make a big difference to someone else then it's worth doing, because of the simple efficiency of the equation.

@zanara

... you have list small pieces and all in copy mode ... i have list 600 boxes and all in transfer mode (my buyers like this to give es gifts to other) - i can not check 'whats up' with delivered boxes ... and all my boxes + vendor graphics to set new as copy is a 4 weeks **bleep** job ....

Cameron I agree with you and also i am totally frustrated because I haven't found a way to reply to a review that is unfair. It happened to me once and I needed to use the description of the item to reply and talk about that unfair review. On the other hand; I found a resident selling stuff of mine without my consent and couldn't flag the item cuz i needed to buy it to be able to flag it.  I think that we merchants should be able to reply to reviews and also to flag items we know that are sold with no permission or if we now if a copyboted item. At least merchant should be able to flag with no need to buy the items we are flagging. 

Gismo Rhode wrote:

@zanara

... you have list small pieces and all in copy mode ... i have list 600 boxes and all in transfer mode (my buyers like this to give es gifts to other) - i can not check 'whats up' with delivered boxes ... and all my boxes + vendor graphics to set new as copy is a 4 weeks **bleep** job ....

Gismo, you are aware that the marketplace is having delivery issues. It is your choice to use the marketplace to sell your items, therefore if a customer complains that your chosen method of selling is not working it is your responsiblity to fix it for the customer. Even if your items are transfer, all this means is that maybe the customer will end up getting 2 for the price of one. You can live with this. If you can't live with it don't use the marketplace to sell. Again, it is your choice.

For anyone finding it very difficult to put up with the Marketplace delivery issues, here is the solution:

1. Go to Manage Inventory

2. Find the tick box to the left of name

3. tick to select all items

4. now click Unlist

Your problems are now solved! 

Rya Nitely wrote:

For anyone finding it very difficult to put up with the Marketplace delivery issues, here is the solution:

1. Go to
Manage Inventory

2. Find the tick box to the left of name

3. tick to
select all items

4. now click 
Unlist

Your problems are now solved! 

Rya,

You are absolutely correct. Your solution will immediately discontinue all problems the Merchant is having with the Marketplace. I also understand why you posted the above .. you're tired of hearing people complain. But I feel I have to point out something that may not be so obvious.

The loud voices you hear, kvetching and whinging about all the failures of the Marketplace, are not meant to smear mud all over the Commerce Dev Team's faces nor to rain all over their parade. Those voices are meant to point out to the Dev Team where there are problems, how those problems are impacting Merchants and Customers, and in many cases how they might be resolved to improve the experience, function or performance of the Marketplace overall.

As a builder yourself, you must surely be aware that people contribute their "feedback" in very different ways. Some will say "Umm .. that's nice but ..." while others will shout "Are you a freakin moron? Didn't you realize ..." The tone, the emotion, the words they use range from timid to blasphemous. But beneath the language, underneath that outer layer of words used to provide the feedback, the true sentiment .. the message itself .. is that there is a problem which will impact you more than anyone else.

Those people yelling, screaming, cussing .. losing patience and fanning the flames of discontent .. are doing the best they can to make obvious the problems that are directly and negatively affecting LL's income from Marketplace. They are trying to say "this looks bad on you and doesn't need to." They are trying to help make things better. But because there is no response, no acknowledgement of "Oops, you're right. We'll fix that", the volume, the emotion, the venom keeps increasing in an ever-spiraling attempt to get LL to fix their own problem.

I am a developer of software (in-world and "out there" too) and I know for a fact that when I listen for the message .. when I discard the emotion (or flames) and simply listen to what the customer is saying, I am able to see and understand their concern .. and then fix it. Because I do listen, because I do "fix it", i win ever increasing loyalty, satisfaction and praise from those same customers.

I believe, just from looking briefly at your products, that you too believe in improving them, making them better, and presenting for sale the very best quality you can provide. I'd bet a lot of that "continual improvement" process comes about because your customers give you feedback. Feedback you acknowledge, consider .. and sometimes use.

But with the Marketplace, the "Active Listening" technique is not employed. "Silent Denial" would be more correct. As a fellow Merchant, I'm quite sure you also realize how angry customers become when you ignore them totally. Then you also realize why the loud angry voices you read here have become both Loud and Angry.

@Brooke - Please, discard the emotion, the venom, the scalding pain from the flames .. and hear the message these people are trying to communicate. "There is a problem that needs to be fixed. Please fix it."

I don't think they are going to spend too much time fixing it. Maybe a quick patch here and there is all they will attempt at this stage. They will be concentrating almost entirely on DD from here on.

My message was more directed at merchants who refuse to accept any responsiblity for a failed sale because the fault is in the marketplace. The marketplace is a tool. If the tool you use to sell your products is faulty you don't tell your customers that it isn't your fault, and to go take the problem to the maker of the tool. Many merchants have this attitude and that is what my post was aimed at.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again Brooke, I know this discussion is closed but it was just to give an small example why 8 hour or 1 day of delay is just unlivable for merchants as for residents, and a bring a real bad inworld experience. We, behind, work with that reality everyday since a year. Even 1 hour is too long for customers, 30mns should be the very max for a virtual goods online marketplace platform.

"
Katelyn Barom: Hi Dop, I bought the Palm trees and the sand dunes on the Market Place ...but oops I did not get delivery. Thanks
doP Kidd: hi Katelyn, give me a moment please
Katelyn Barom: sure
doP Kidd: in my side status of both items is : Being Delivered
doP Kidd: so for now I can't do anything until the status has changed to become or delived or undelivered
Katelyn Barom: well I did not get it at all , I know all about bad deliveries on here, I get it all the time :)
Katelyn Barom: crazy I guess
doP Kidd: yes, especialy by using cart system, you shouldn't... unfortunatly we are in the same boat.. but right now, the status I see for your both items is : being delived ( currently) so it's "normal" you don't have them yet... and the only option suggested is : Not available for redelivery
doP Kidd: so we got to wait because if I do a manual delivery you will maybe be delivered later
Katelyn Barom: ahh k dont worry , once again we wait on SL , thanks anyway
doP Kidd: i'm the first sorry of this state of things beleive me
Katelyn Barom: dop I am a Creator on SL as well, I am not really a customers , I rarely buy something because I am always creating myself. But we Rebuilt our store and I just wanted some things for the beach area. SO now being a customer I understand how they feel :)
Katelyn Barom: but its fine I will sculpt a few things myself now for the beach :) We dont really have a say in SL anyway I guess we learn to live with it :)
doP Kidd: one year to fix a marketplace nobody wanted is a little bit long indeed... :o)
doP Kidd: but wait
Katelyn Barom: yep you right
doP Kidd: you are not in busy mode ?
Katelyn Barom: no I cant be..I get too many ims
Inventory objet offered
doP Kidd: searching the grass pack
Katelyn Barom: ahh thanks very much that is sweet of you, It does help me now, glad to see you can judge your customers:)
Inventory objet offered
Katelyn Barom: thank you very much, now I can get the beach set up so I can get back to sculpting:) Thanks again
doP Kidd: this is not the problem at all for me, I trust my customers and I think i'm lucky to have them, the worry is just technical, when it's an undelivered status.. or.. displayed delivered but the person says he didn't received, I don't wait to redeliver... never... but there, since the status is " being delivered" I can't click any button... and also I know there is chances they will be delivered later...
doP Kidd: and welcome :o)
Katelyn Barom: yes I understand , no problem and thanks anyway . if I get it delevered I will return it to you
doP Kidd: it's not necessary :o) have a great installation and a sweet day
Katelyn Barom: :)

"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.