What's the story behind the "continent"?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I thought I had been all over SL but lately this odd Linden area keeps showing up in ads and searches. It looks unfinished but also seems to have pretty pricey land. So suspect some of you know the story behind it and just wondering.  

image.thumb.png.8c2ed15a0fc50b5e636b093e4eeae318.png

image.png

That's the mainland from the former Teen Grid all the sims are PG/general rated my continent detector prim suggested it might be called East since everywhere on a sim it said east even when i was on the west side, I was already aware "Yarmouth" was a sim on TG mainland and that came up as being not far from Snicket/Pinkwater on your pic 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

my continent detector prim suggested it might be called East since everywhere on a sim it said east even when i was on the west side

It's usually known as the Sharp Continent and it used to be a bit bigger when it was the teen grid. Unless I'm mistaken, the G rated sims of Bay City were originally part of the teen grid but moved when they opened it up for everybody.

Nix had a quite nice freebie bazaar, until recently and the continent also had a complete copy of the Ivory Tower - not sure if it's still there.

• Thanks 2

It is the bigger part of former Teen Grid, the Teen Grid bay city copy got chopped off and transplanted to the left of mainland bay city (that is why there are duplicate landmasses in there now) at least that is the story according to the wiki...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Sharp_Continent

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

Let me tell you about Jeogeot where I own land across four sims.

LL thought there would be a lot of Koreans consider they have blazing fast internet. Didn't turn out that way. There are less Koreans on SL than astronauts in space. 

There does seem to be a growing Japanese population though (based on what I have seen around the grid a lot of places are now owned by Japanese members but it may just be a bias towards the areas I checked).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

There does seem to be a growing Japanese population though (based on what I have seen around the grid a lot of places are now owned by Japanese members but it may just be a bias towards the areas I checked).

Yeah there are indeed quite a few. I have seen quite a few Japanese communities around SL popping up. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.