Disconnection from SL

Ganeshi Spore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My advice is to log in quiet regions without lag. When you log in (everywhere) you have to load all the textures arround even you dont see some of them. The server must cache them and download them all. So stay unmoving till to see everything arround. Also your first job when you log in is to open your inventory, type something in filter there or go at recent tab and wait fetching all your items till the last one.

Also in viewer 2 you can use some performance tools to check out if everything works ok for you: Menu Advanced (Ctrl+Alt+D) --> Performance Tools --> Lag Meter --> Check if Client, Network and Server are normal (green colour).

In addition with the same command you can have a look in your statistics bar. Have a look there about your FPS (Frames Per Second).  It must to be always at least 15. Below that, the time Dilation must be as closer as possible to 1, over than 0,95 always when sim is empty. Sim FPS must to be always 45 and Physics FPS 44-45.

If you dont see these numbers you have lag and this is the no1 reason for your issues.

Also try to clear your cache :

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife

Delete everything into this folder and restart.

The last thing i have to say is have a look here to check out SL System requirements : http://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/?lang=en-US

3 answers to this question

My advice is to log in quiet regions without lag. When you log in (everywhere) you have to load all the textures arround even you dont see some of them. The server must cache them and download them all. So stay unmoving till to see everything arround. Also your first job when you log in is to open your inventory, type something in filter there or go at recent tab and wait fetching all your items till the last one.

Also in viewer 2 you can use some performance tools to check out if everything works ok for you: Menu Advanced (Ctrl+Alt+D) --> Performance Tools --> Lag Meter --> Check if Client, Network and Server are normal (green colour).

In addition with the same command you can have a look in your statistics bar. Have a look there about your FPS (Frames Per Second).  It must to be always at least 15. Below that, the time Dilation must be as closer as possible to 1, over than 0,95 always when sim is empty. Sim FPS must to be always 45 and Physics FPS 44-45.

If you dont see these numbers you have lag and this is the no1 reason for your issues.

Also try to clear your cache :

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife

Delete everything into this folder and restart.

The last thing i have to say is have a look here to check out SL System requirements : http://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/?lang=en-US

I'm suffering the same issue as you regarding disconnections after a while in Second Life or a minute or two after teleporting but whether the cause is the same as yours I really do not know. I suspect the new modem/router my ISP sent me is not handling bandwith too well. Yours may be a different problem.

On lag, some helpful hints in these links:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_to_reduce_lag

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Help:Lag

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.