Rezzing Object without Rez Object in Contents

Tails Wirefly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been perplexed by this script I've seen which can rez an object without the object being in the contents with said script.

4c98e3fe6878ccb6a54d1a168629952e.png

My first thought was that somehow the creator was allowed to use llGodLikeRezObject(); However the creator isn't a linden.

So I'm curious if they managed to get access to some linden scripting functions(if so how or for what reasons do they allow their uses by residents?)

Or is there another work around that allowed them to rez the object with its full contents like this?

There's a couple of creators with scripts like this so any info is appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

What does the object itself look like? Is it a linkset? It's not uncommon for the root to have little to no inventory, while the scripts are in a child prim, making the object look empty on quick inspection. 

Interestingly enough on first inspection I would have said it was 1 prim 1 object, In the object editor it says 1 object 1 land impact, then the object inspector states 1 object 2 prims, then the second object attached actually has nothing in its contents which is interesting.

8 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

That is interesting.  Have you checked, if there is a hidden object? Then the above object would use something like llRegionSay() to the hidden object.

Edit: I just thought about it, I understand how it works now. It's part of the hud that's doing it, good suggestion, it wasn't anything on the region but it was the thing with me that is holding the object that is rezzed. Thanks for the help :D

Edited by Tails Wirefly

There's another possibility too, if you want to think of creating a "remote rezzer" in the future.  Rez objects at some secure spot in the region (perhaps in a skybox) and have them delivered to the target location by llSetRegionPos.  The signal to rez objects can come from a HUD or from anywhere at all in the region.  That will not work across region boundaries, of course, but it's a very simple way to create objects from a central rezzer in one region.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.