Mesh Shoes keep looking weird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just wanted to put these mesh boots on, and keep seeing those weird lines sticking out of my boots. (attached snapshot) I've tried to put em off and on again, but no luck. I also have a similar problem with another pair of shoes, where I keep seeing flying cubes around them... D: What is this sorcery, and how can I get rid of it?! o.O

Snapshot_001.png

Are you using an up to date viewer?
Those bits sticking out of the boots look like what will happen if a vertex has zero weights, which is something the creator has to fix.

BUG-10747 - 3.8.6 (305981) does not render some worn rigged mesh correctly - previous release renders the same meshes as expected

Can you give a MP link to those boots?
They look very like the A&Y Deuz Boots I used as a repro item for that bug

Edited by Whirly Fizzle

Ok, yeah, those A&Y Deuz Boots need to be fixed by the creator.
There is nothing you can do with viewer settings to fix them, apart from use a very very outdated viewer.

It's sort of possible to fix mesh with zero weights to render correctly in the viewer BUT it will still fail for certain combinations of graphics cards & drivers.
We did actually have this "fixed" in Firestorm but when LL decided that not supporting zero weights was the best thing to do, Firestorm reverted the fix.
It's impossible to fix the rendering for all cards & driver combos so it makes sense that the best course of action is just for all viewers to leave them broken.
The creator really needs to fix this as their mesh is technically broken.

I'll go & grab those Reign heels & see if it's the same problem.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle

OK, I'm not seeing any problem with the Reign Monarch heels.
I grabbed this demo off the MP: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/REIGN-MONARCH-V2-HEELS-DEMO-MAITREYA-SLINK-BELLEZA-ORIGINAL-MESH-HEELS-MESH-PUMPS/10344703

They are labelled V2, so I wonder if they already fixed this problem.
Can you reproduce the problem with those demo heels?
If so, can you tell me which version you are wearing (Maitreya, Isis etc).

Can you post an image showing the problem.
Thanks  :)

Just to note, I tested the A&Y Deuz Boots on both the current Firestorm & LL viewer & both viewers do still have the broken rendering shown in your image above.
They render broken with all combinations of graphics settings & when hardware skinning is both enabled & disabled.
There is no workaround to make them render correctly on your screen I'm afraid.

How does it behave? I once had a spike in one of my jackets... Turns out one vertex was rigged elsewhere, I contacted the fullperm creator and almost instantly got a fixed jacket (now having one of the few fixed jackets it appears though, all the demos I take based on the same model still are broken....)

This is the problem I got with the Reign Heels. But I guess mine are way older. They aren't labeled V2 and they were only wearable with Slink Feet. So I guess they really fixed it while adding all the mesh bodies to the heels.

I'll try and contact the creator, asking for an updated version. Thank you so much, Whirly. :) 

Snapshot_002.png

I filed a JIRA issue for those Reign Monarch heels: BUG-216222 - Mesh boots render incorrectly on recent viewer builds

One of the Linden QA got the boots UUID from your inventory & God rezzed the boots & then wore them. We could both reproduce the cubes flying around the boots when worn - the Linden using the LL viewer & myself on Firestorm.
The boots render fine on the old Obsolete platform viewer.

Put a watch on that JIRA issue & hopefully a Linden will work out what caused the problem  :)

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.