Was Scammed on the Marketplace

Lex Macabre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi There,

I hope this is the right forum to ask in.

A few days ago I bought some Gacha's off the Marketplace.

One of them came as an empty box. I am aware this can happen, but it hasn't happened to me before this.

My question is...I looked in my transaction history of the record to when I bought it, but it gives me numbers of the transaction. Is there a way to find out WHO I bought it off? And the item name of what I bought? I download the xml file, but, still it gives me numbers of the transaction and not the actual name of the item or who I bought it off.

I want to make a ticket to Linden Labs about this, and see if it can be resolved, after messaging the person about getting my money back. So far after 5 days they have not responded.

Thank you in advance for the help

8 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, IPOISONIVYI said:

Hi There,

I hope this is the right forum to ask in.

A few days ago I bought some Gacha's off the Marketplace.

One of them came as an empty box. I am aware this can happen, but it hasn't happened to me before this.

My question is...I looked in my transaction history of the record to when I bought it, but it gives me numbers of the transaction. Is there a way to find out WHO I bought it off? And the item name of what I bought? I download the xml file, but, still it gives me numbers of the transaction and not the actual name of the item or who I bought it off.

I want to make a ticket to Linden Labs about this, and see if it can be resolved, after messaging the person about getting my money back. So far after 5 days they have not responded.

Thank you in advance for the help

If you check  the marketplace  - my marketplace -  order history.  You can see who you bought from

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you go to Account>$L Transaction History, you should be able to see your transactions like this...they do show the person you paid, or were paid by.  If you see only numbers, perhaps the person is one of those who have only numbers as a user name.

Capture.thumb.PNG.f0c26374a6264818bf267801f62372fe.PNG

There are two places to find purchase records.

My Marketplace>Account>Order History.  This records all your Marketplace purchases, from the very first time you use the Marketplace.  See below for a screenshot.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.93227e3df0c1263dee37f8ffb0e40351.PNG

On your Dashboard page, Account> $L Transaction History.  This records ALL your Second Life transactions, both in world and on the Marketplace, but only saves data for the past 32 days.  If you're a Premium member, data is saved for 90 days.  But you are right...for Marketplace purchases, this history shows the person you transacted with as "Commerce Linden."

16 hours ago, IPOISONIVYI said:

By the way, the person just contacted me and refunded my money, so I am happy about that.

Good to know this information though for the future as I did not know.

Thank you again for all your help

You got very lucky... LL will NOT get involved in this kind of dispute. That should have been the very first thing told to you. I lost 10,000L when buying a very rare Breedable horse for a friend as a thank you gift... Empty box. Person never replied and the official answer i got from support was, "Linden Lab does not get involved in person to person disputes." 

17 hours ago, IPOISONIVYI said:

By the way, the person just contacted me and refunded my money, so I am happy about that.

so... in short you were not scammed. Otherwise you wouldn't hear anything, you posted "scamming" without checking.

Your question title should have been "how can i find a sellers name " ..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.