I have a huge question... Dose the sansar team think were all not smart enough to figure out that sansar just downloaded the open simulator source code and modified the user interface graphics and added a virtual reality headset friendly interface? how stupid do they think we are? and why hasn't Linden Labs sued the pants off of them yet? are they just waiting for them to become more developed so they have bigger money to win in  a case? i mean come on that's class a intellectual property theft lol! so yeah my question is why hasn't Linden Labs sue them yet?

I have a huge question... Dose the sansar team think were all not smart enough to figure out that sansar just downloaded the open simulator source code and modified the user interface graphics and added a virtual reality headset friendly interface? how stupid do they think we are? and why hasn't Linden Labs sued the pants off of them yet? are they just waiting for them to become more developed so they have bigger money to win in  a case? i mean come on that's class a intellectual property theft lol! so yeah my question is why hasn't Linden Labs sue them yet?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, LYRIC Boxen said:

I thought linden labs created sansar as well

shhh, itza secret ;)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Maestro85 said:

What ?!

1. Opensim is a clone of Second Life. 
  2. Sansar and Second Life (or Opensim) are in no way cross compatible, alike or related and fundamentally differently.
  3. Sansar and Second Life are both wholly owned and developed by Linden Lab.
  4. You didn't even bother to install Sansar .. go do that now.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1. Sansa is not opensim, and never use that code. opensim is to bad for VR.

2. If you mean high fidelity. Could be, but the also supported high fidelity in the early days. And it's open source like opensim. Nothing wrong.

No IP problems.

Posted (edited)

Oooh, troll thread!

However, just in case it is a genuine question from a cognitively and intellectually-challenged person:

• Linden Lab owns all I.P. to Second Life, including simulator code.
  • Open Sim reverse-engineered simulator code (stole it) - so Open Sim is breaking LL I.P., not the other way around.
  • Sansar is all new code and not based on anything else.
  • Sansar is created by Linden Lab (so they should sue themselves?)
  • People who make such serious accusations based on weak evidence or hearsay or emotion are why the world is so divided the way it is now and why most people are always wrong about what they think they know, yet feel confident enough to mistakenly think they speak with any kind of authority in most matters.
Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Maestro85 said:

so yeah my question is why hasn't Linden Labs sue them yet?

Even if Sansar was based off of Second LIfe, which it is not, you really think LL should try to sue itself over it?

Interesting concept.

:SwingingFriends:

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

you really think LL should try to sue itself over it?

Telling by the tag ... yeah, that seemed to have crossed their mind. ^_^

8 hours ago, Maestro85 said:

I have a huge question.

me too...

how on earth did you miss all news, blogs, messages , forumposts, promotions, and a few more things... about Sansar, you'r here since 2015

21 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Linden Lab owns all I.P. to Second Life, including simulator code.

Open Sim reverse-engineered simulator code (stole it) - so Open Sim is breaking LL I.P., not the other way around.

No the did not tole the simulator code. The viewer is open for everybody. Based on the viewer code opensim started to look at the protocols to communicate. Based on that the did start to write there own server. As far i know it's done this way.

If the would have stole en reverse engineered the code, opensimulator would work much better.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2018 at 7:41 PM, sirhc DeSantis said:

"Infrengement" really needs to be a word. Sounds like some sort of castle breach.

O///O hmm i was under the impression sansar was a totally new company guess ll is changing names

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

O///O well if you saw the commercial and not the forums you'd be thrown off like this

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)

ether way linden labs should have released sansar or something of equivalence  in 2,000 and cause they didn't invest in making second life available for consoles and cell phones this stage of ll's development has been delayed several times over. they've shot themselves in the foot by limiting it to just pc

Edited by Maestro85
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

as a matter of fact second life had the potential to be much bigger than face book but you know people can only lead a horse to water.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Maestro85 said:

as a matter of fact second life had the potential to be much bigger than face book but you know people can only lead a horse to water.

But in SL we can lead a horse to water, I don't think we can in other social media.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

<///< figurative speech is kind of a dying art it seems...

Edited by Maestro85

11 minutes ago, Maestro85 said:

Interesting and often overlooked little tidbit: The CTO in charge of developing Second Life in the first place was - according to this article - also the man who came up with the technical solution that made Facebook the leading internet social medium.

Just saying...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

But in SL we can lead a horse to water, I don't think we can in other social media.

SL is VR meaning it is also a form of social media cause you can chat on sl right? and you can submit your photos and little moments on twitter and face book too so in that sense second life is very much a form of universal social media only difference is its explorable and interactive the others aren't witch again is a turn on for most people when socializing in the modern world. and when you think about it veiwers being available in popular gaming consoles and having the ability to move scroll through menues and move you character pluss your camera with just an x box style controller is verry appealing to gamers. not to mention the convenience of portability when you make available for all phone platforms. it would have becom the biggest thing sence penut butter lol.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Interesting and often overlooked little tidbit: The CTO in charge of developing Second Life in the first place was - according to this article - also the man who came up with the technical solution that made Facebook the leading internet social medium.

Just saying...

i'm aware of zuckerburg  being a developer of second life buddy he's involved with anything that uses face book as an output cause again people have to go through his company to make it available for use on there development project. he was only contracted to make face book available as a feature nothing else. so no facebook was only a marketing crutch and a quick fix.

Edited by Maestro85