Is this ''idea'' possible?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm fairly new to SL and hear the Adult Industry can be decent or good $$.  So I got to thinking...    Would it be possible to have like an adult movie theater, and instead of it playing an adult film on the screen...  have it broadcast a live webcam instead?

Also, can you charge an entry fee to your SIM or building? 

Yes you can charge a fee to enter a sim or parcel.

Yes you can stream video. The easiest way I think would be web on a prim .

ETA: Here is some info on the wiki which might help you http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Streaming_Video_in_Second_Life

Also, the option to charge a fee to enter your land is found in the About Land window at the top of the screen.

Rolig Loon wrote:

However, anyone can cam in from a neighboring sim and see your screen with no problem unless your sim is totally surrounded by water.  :smileywink:

That's true, but they wouldn't be able to see or hear the media stream unless they were physically in the parcel.  Camming in from outside, they would just see the static media texture, not the movie.

as Ishtara pointed out, MOAP (media on a prim) still has a prety low support adoption rate... I'd put it at 25% of residents on average will be able to view video feeds that way. Much lower among long time and tech savvy residents, and higher among newer and less tech aware residents. the figure seems to be rising though.

Parcel media mas a much higher support/adoption ratio that I'd guesstimate at !75-80% or higher, but to do it on a charge basis, you'll need to learn some scripting and/or web security  skills (or pay someone who already has them), as basic parcel media addresses can easily be easily ripped from outside the parcel with a few clicks.

serving content this way is possible, but it's not any sort of short cut to making money ;)

Yes it is possible, but if its profitable? No idea, if you look at the marketplace there tons ot televsions in the adfult section that support adult movies )saw anot had about 70 movies even( Most ppl preffer ot sit at there own parcel watching such movies.

I mean you can set something like that up is easy enough,  but consider the cost you will have *landtiers, scripter or televsion that has adult enterainment on it.) Or if you stream yourself on resources *pc and such*

No need to have extensive script know how either. there always ways to get what you want the easy way in second life. Goodluck with your business venture!! :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.