lost inventory many empty folders

Countessa Catteneo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Your client might not be showing you your inventory due to  a client, connection or region issue.

Make sure you are using one of the latest up to date clients - if you have old old viewers installed, delete them, there have been service changes affecting inventory. For this problem (and as Rolig suggested you might end up poking LL), I recommend the default linden viewer. 

Go to the region "KARA" (just type that in the address bar and hit enter) .. this is a full, empty, mainland region. Relog, and be patient. It might take a little while.

Plan B .. Poke LL

Plan C .. Your old stuff isn't going to be relevant anyway, were all on mesh bodies, mesh heads, mesh clothing designed specifically for specific mesh bodies .. you're gonna have to start over anyway. So ... unless it's sentimental .. maybe not worry about it.

Sometimes inventory IS lost but your particular problem sounds like a corrupted file in the viewer.

The easiest first step it to install another viewer (a NEW viewer) so the Linden viewer if your inventory is missing in Firestorm, Firestorm if you use the Linden viewer. If you already have a second viewer installed see if your inventory is missing THERE also. If it is not, that's very good news. Just a viewer file gone amuck. This happened to my alt some months ago. A fairly easy fix. 

There are some steps to inventory retrieval in the Firestorm wiki. If you are not using Firestorm the same "sort" of steps in reverse will likely work.  I cannot find that page, but if you chat up EITHER live support or (for sure) the Firestorm help group someone can point you to the page on Inventory loss and what to do for it. At the bottom of that page there is there part about empty folders that "actually" have items in there.  

Hope that helps some. Good luck.

BTW while the devs TRY and recover lost inventory, their success rate is very low, so keep your fingers crossed it is the corrupted file issue :D.    

BTW -- there are MANY TYPES of content loss.  The clue to the OP's is that "empty folder" comment. When inventory REALLY goes missing (and we know I am VERY experienced here) it could be an item or two (or many) from inside a folder OR the whole folder can disappear. Items can be gone from your inventory or gone from the server (my only experience with this is with textures).  

The fact that the FOLDERS are still there and there are several to many with the same problem is exactly what happened to my alt. Hence my comment :D

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.