Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JaydeGiovanni

Doesn't Anyone Actually Make Anything Anymore

Recommended Posts

So I was able to buy some linden today and I have been trying to comb through Marketplace.. I got really annoyed and bummed out because it's all gatcha stuff now..Anyone actually making stuff for maitreya bodies anymore? I can't handle the gatcha stuff anymore

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some designers offer gacha exchanges for copy enabled items and a "buy full set copy enabled" option, but there is still quite a bit out there produced on regular basis...

You know, there are some bad tongues who say "gachas are items that were found to bad for a regular mainstore/event release" ;)

Edited by Fionalein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick your favorite shop, visit them in world, look for the NEW signs.  Lots of new stuff out there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the popular events now days are ONLY "original mesh". So that would be a good starting point. Head over to Seraphim and do some catalog shopping or look up some events in the Destination guide.  Many very good designers offer their items on the Marketplace AFTER events; you just need to find your favorite creators. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaydeGiovanni said:

So I was able to buy some linden today and I have been trying to comb through Marketplace.. I got really annoyed and bummed out because it's all gatcha stuff now..Anyone actually making stuff for maitreya bodies anymore? I can't handle the gatcha stuff anymore

The easiest way to clear gacha resale from a Marketplace search result is to set the permissions you want to see listed to "Copy."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1.5.2018 at 6:48 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

The easiest way to clear gacha resale from a Marketplace search result is to set the permissions you want to see listed to "Copy."

Provided all the gacha resellers remember to mark their listings as no copy that is. Some of them can be a bit forgetful when it comes to getting all those little details right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, JaydeGiovanni said:

So I was able to buy some linden today and I have been trying to comb through Marketplace.. I got really annoyed and bummed out because it's all gatcha stuff now..Anyone actually making stuff for maitreya bodies anymore? I can't handle the gatcha stuff anymore

That's why "real" merchants want Gatcha to have their own category. However it's been made clear From LL that their architecture can't handle making one. These flea market Gatcha resellers who can't provide any customer service, product support, updates, enhancements, or redelivery flood the market across all categories. As suggested above, change your search parameters to see Copy to remove *most* of the gatcha mess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2018 at 1:03 AM, ChinRey said:

Provided all the gacha resellers remember to mark their listings as no copy that is. Some of them can be a bit forgetful when it comes to getting all those little details right.

 

and using keywords that are store names which are nothing to do with the listing (pet peeve when they use my store name).      But using the Copy option on the left hand side of the screen when you search is a great way to get rid of most of the gacha listings, then search by newest versus relevant.

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 6:48 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Marketplace.. [...]  it's all gatcha stuff now..Anyone actually making stuff for maitreya bodies anymore?

Try the bi-weekly and monthly in-world shopping events rather than out-of-world Marketplace. You can even conveniently browse the web and check out the goodies on the web in advance and then teleport there at your leasure:

http://seraphimsl.com/

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Most of the popular events now days are ONLY "original mesh". So that would be a good starting point. Head over to Seraphim and do some catalog shopping or look up some events in the Destination guide.  Many very good designers offer their items on the Marketplace AFTER events; you just need to find your favorite creators. 

Yeah but yesterday I saw "original mesh" on something ripped from GTA V.

So you know...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×