Katakanna

Looking for decent roleplay

Hey Everyone,

This is simple. I'm looking for an rp sim that isn't Gor. I think I'm kinda over that right now. It can be fantasy or whatever. But it has to be active. I don't want to get all pretty just to stand around and do nothing. I'd also prefer it if I didn't have to read a ton of books just to understand the rules or the rp. I'm a pretty experienced roleplayer. So suggestions are welcome.

Please holler if you find one.

The best you seem to get lately are places focusing on "urban life", with the repetitive concept of fire brigade, police, (random other stuff) and family play, which are usually more or less mildly disguised rental offers.

2 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

The best you seem to get lately are places focusing on "urban life", with the repetitive concept of fire brigade, police, (random other stuff) and family play, which are usually more or less mildly disguised rental offers.

this is the problem people think that all family RP sims are just rental offers, yes we want you to rent from us but the reason we or I in this case built my community was to create an RP enviroment. Not just to rent parcels out.

• Like 1

Yours might very well be the exception. However, even in my own personal experience; I have found that a lot of family Sims offer little actual roleplay. The ones that I have found myself on in the past didn't provide any reason for one family to interact with another or even any events that would encourage people to come out and interact. 

23 minutes ago, Joespapi said:

this is the problem people think that all family RP sims are just rental offers...

I'm all for "give and take and vice versa" when it comes to splitting tasks between RP owners and players, but changing that impression is pretty much on the owner's side. It's the owner's job to bring life to their description, make it stand out, show people why they want to play nowhere but in that particular RP ... ok, the latter might be a bit over the top, but you get the idea.

What do we get instead - and not just from the previously addressed family "roleplays"? Something like a template post: "Hi, we are a new family based roleplay. We have police and fire departments and some other average stuff that everyone else has. You can rent from us, these are the rates..." ... sorry, but that's themed living and nothing else. No setting, no background story, no plot, nothing. Not even the slightest hint that the owner actually wants to encourage and welcome any roleplayers and their characters. Actually, your last ads simply consisted of posting two SLURLs without further explanation, which I personally don't find greatly motivating to inquire any further, but well. 

Anyway, taking your town's website for example: you have two tabs to inform about the rentals, plus an extra help section dealing with the house systems. You list estate managers. But where is any kind of emphasis on the roleplay aspect?

• Like 1

I Help manage a sim, Called the Last Stop, Hollow Creek NM.. We are newer and getting off the ground but since we have been official rp has been happening. We are building stories and actively recruiting for roles and Rpers. Its a fun environment, the staff is really nice and we would love to have and anyone who wants to rp and build stories. 

Why does everyone just look only for role play sims? Why not find a Role play buddy like me and dive into having a long lasting friendship with that person and create a story line together no matter where you are in the SL world. This way the possibilities are kinda endless in the fact that 1) your creating a story line with a good friend who communicates with you and actually enjoys coming along side you to create an amazing story together. and 2) you dont have to worry about conforming to the sims rules and getting there huds exc. This way no matter where you are on any sim you and your friend can pick a random destination ( say a photogenic photography sim thats half covered in water an the other half is lush forest) and you and your buddy wonder around and find strange markings on the runes that you stumble apon in the forest. so you wonder what could these strange marking be? was an ancient Civilization once living here? and thus suddenly the idea of a role play that you and your buddy are now  great explores on a mission to find out what happened and you and your friend are now suddenly role playing out this idea.while you explore the sim you have TPed to. By just exploring every sim you land apon and talking and chatting you and your feind can come up with all sorts of idea for role play you just have to look for them. Like me im sure there are alot of people out there that are looking for someone to make a friend an enjoy their time creating a story with another person rather then just standing around on a a RP sim waiting for someone to engage with you when you toss out a few lines here and there to see if anyone on the role play sim takes the bait only to maybe find one person who does jump on the chance to role play with you for a few short hours only to have the story end after the person leaves and you may never see them again after that. Even if you did ask for a friend invite the next day there to busy doing other things to continue the story line that you role played out the day before and there on a different sim role playing something else and they barley talk to you. so what the point of that? OR for example you come onto a role play sim only to have everyone be so rude to you and ignore you when you attempt to jump in on the story line with other people only to find out from a friend that the sim is dealing with major drama Everywhere.....Not to mention the sim has horrible lag to the point where you can barly move.So instead of finding a Role play sim maybe make a new friend who actually loves creating a story line and shares like minded ideas and no matter where you are, you can just RP freely with your new buddy laughing an having a good time getting to know them and then when the opportunity comes where there is a cool place you land apon together you can just instantly create a roleplay and with a click of a button change your outfits and make your own scene  with your surroundings you see that are already on the sim an you dont have to worry about rezzing things because you can just use what ever you see that is there around you.....       

21 minutes ago, Rissinia said:

Why does everyone just look only for role play sims? Why not find a Role play buddy like me and dive into having a long lasting friendship with that person and create a story line together no matter where you are in the SL world.

... 'cause your buddy and you might wish to play with other folks and other input every once in a while. Heck, my partner in crime and me have multiple alts to mix and match and we'd still love to get involved in a proper themed  RP community. 

• Like 2