Editing Terrain

Tannarra Niven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have looked in all the FAQ's and spent hours searching the forums, all for what I'm hoping is a simple answer. If I win the bid for a auctioned piece of mainland, when I move onto the land can I edit the terrain to my choosing or are there mainland guide lines on what kind of terrain editing can be done? 

21 minutes ago, Tannarra Niven said:

I have looked in all the FAQ's and spent hours searching the forums, all for what I'm hoping is a simple answer. If I win the bid for a auctioned piece of mainland, when I move onto the land can I edit the terrain to my choosing or are there mainland guide lines on what kind of terrain editing can be done? 

• Most mainland can be raised/lowered by 4 meters (+/-).
  • Some mainland cannot be terraformed, including: Bay City regions, Boardman, Brown, De Haro, Horizons, Kama City regions, Nautilus City regions, Nova Albion regions, and Shermerville regions.
  • Linden Homes do not allow terraforming.
  • A few, very old mainland Regions like Da Boom have a terraform range of 40 meters (+/-).
  • Estate (private island) terraformability is settable to a maximum of 100 meters (+/-) by the estate owner or managers.
  • Like 3

You can check the terrain permissions in the land menu when you visit a land you're thinking about bidding on. While standing on the parcel go the world menu, select Region Details from the drop down or simply click alt + R on your keyboard. You will get the Region/Estate menu when doing either. Go to the Terrain tab. You will find all kinds of useful information about the region permissions there regarding terraforming, terrain textures, and elevation.

b24285391185abbb568a9cd593b245c9.png.6207a4c393a8843cc67bf1230739e1b4.png

Here you can see that the info on Terrain Raise/Lower Limit is grayed out because terraforming is not allowed in Barcola.

One of the most useful things I've found is what textures are used in the region. I've made prims match the land nearly exactly using those readily available textures. This has enabled me to make adjustment to the land without having to terraform.

Edited by Blush Bravin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.