i need help creating a pretty region for people to visit!

Ooshie Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello i need Desperate help decorating my Region i have no furniture or trees, forage or homes to use myself so id like to seek out a SL creating pretty regions Person!, i can map out an area or explain what i need where, id love a Woodland Type look BUT always open to suggestions!

What i am doing is DFS Farming and making a home for a couple people for RP Purposes...it is currently in use so we have time to plan before i Empty the land!

id need a More modern style  "farm and dairy" set up with a 1/4th market in one corner and a Pub/Bar in the market area, id like the milking Machines like this for the DFS cows make it look more fun, a Modern barn for other cows ect. like a fun famring experience with Gardens homes and fun things like fishing ponds ect...seems like alot but again im up for suggestions contact me in world > Copy paste secondlife:///app/agent/e6a3b41a-a824-467d-8087-830f43b58e77/inspect

Serious offers i need a full Region up do, make sure to contact me with more then basic essentials available to you or able to suggest some links in ims.

Please also contact me more about LESS being paid i know i said id pay if it came to it but the first messages about "How much is the pay im interested" Isnt the best thing to see, id rather use my Ls for purchasing more products for the decorations and buildings!

Dont be greedy be helpful~ ;3

People might decorate for free as a hobby, but most people who are good at this have practiced a lot to gain a lot of skill. Skill worth paying for. I had someone landscape my yard for me, and I paid them around $5 USD in Lindens. They didn't ask for it, and it was a simple terraform (probably took 15 or so minutes) -- but it was something I couldn't do, and they taught me some things to know in the future. $5 isn't even minimum wage (in the US). They provided a service for me though and in this instance, I viewed it as a tip. If I was to have someone do a larger project like the one you are suggesting, I'd definitely pay for their time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xAmeIiax said:

Please also contact me more about LESS being paid i know i said id pay if it came to it but the first messages about "How much is the pay im interested" Isnt the best thing to see

But it's the best thing to know for landscaper's and something *anyone* would ask about first when interested in working for someone. Why spend half an hour or more disussing things only to realize the person is going to try and pay you like a chinese sweat shop employee.....

A full sim landscaping takes hours of work, if you're not prepared to pay a decent amount for it, do it yourself you cheapskate.

• Like 2

not if someone is going to charge 5K an hr to rezz stuff on my land. So maybe look into my reasons on "cheapskate" , i also have a planner with me so i know how i want it so it would be less time for the hired person ^^

(PS id like to see someones work before payments discussed too, some say they do it and have a tree, small house on a 1/4th region!)

Edited by xAmeIiax
  • Haha 1

So, you want to use someone else's stuff for free? If you can rez everything yourself, why not just find a bunch of free stuff yourself and save yourself the cost of hiring someone? I thought you needed more than just free stuff from other people. I thought you wanted someone skilled with design to help you terraform, landscape, and design. 

• Like 2

Hi Amelia,

Maybe you don't fully grasp the work load you are asking of a landscaper/decorator. A professional decorator in SL would take a several days if not weeks to create a full region with what you are asking. It is not something that will be done in a matter of hours. Professional landscapers also usually offer some type of package with their clients such as mod rights, seasonal changes in trees/weather. You also have to consider the time they take to plan out the design, items they may have to purchase or custom build, and the do overs until a final landscape project is complete. 

Professional landscapers also know certain tricks in limitations to reduce lag on a region specific for the type of region they are creating for their client. Designing a commercial region is very different than designing a residential one. 

If you just want someone to tell you what builds to buy I would suggest looking at SL magazines such as Love To Decorate, blogs, and flickr. You can also ask for building suggestion on SL FB.

You are not going to find a professional experienced landscaper in SL who will do a full region for cheap. You could however find a hobbyist or novice decorator who may do it for cheap or free to put in their portfolio.

Hope this helps you and happy designing :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, xAmeIiax said:

not if someone is going to charge 5K an hr to rezz stuff on my land. So maybe look into my reasons on "cheapskate" , i also have a planner with me so i know how i want it so it would be less time for the hired person ^^

(PS id like to see someones work before payments discussed too, some say they do it and have a tree, small house on a 1/4th region!)

Landscaping is far more than “rezzing things on land” if you want it to look like any semblance of anything respectable. Otherwise you’re going to get somebody who dumps things on your sim and call it done. 

I didn’t offer my services because I recall spending hours making suggestions to you to be helpful and you either didn’t learn anything or aren’t willing to learn. I am sure somebody somewhere will assist you out of desperation, but please understand that you are paying for a service. Some of us use our skills as a landscaper for the hobby, but we also have SL bills to pay. 

Good luck.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.