Waiting for region handshake

leandrogunner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Been having this issue for a week or so and i dont know what to do, i get that error message while im trying to login, checked pretty much everything. Diferent viewers (Firestorm, SL), restarted router, diferent login regions, firewall off, antivirus off, with any luck i managed to log in 2 hours ago but i instantly logged off n tried again to see if its all fixed but no.. the lovely "waiting for region handshake" message again. tried with pc desktop, laptop and phone and none works.. any hint?

2 answers to this question

Given all the different things you've tried, my guess is that the fault lies with your Internet Service Provider.  Give them a call, but be prepared with lots of information about what you have already done to combat the standard "it's not our fault, it must be your machine or your software or the Second Life servers" response.  Be prepared to ask that your ticket be escalated to a higher support level.

If you can get into SL from a different RL location that uses a different ISP,  that would be further evidence that it's your ISP that's the problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.