Plato Novo

QAvimator prop box doesn't show

Hello :) I have been using QAvimator for a little over a year to make random animations I'm not able to find elsewhere, or that are needed to fit a specific item. Early on, all of the four prop options showed up when clicked, (box, sphere, cone and torus.) After a while, the box prop stopped showing up at all. I have removed the program and reinstalled a few times, but I get the same result every time. I've attached a screenshot of what I see when I click the box icon. It appears to be there, but is transparent - doesn't matter if it's attached to the av or not.

I never use the torus, but have discovered it has the same issue. The sphere and cone are both fine, but sometimes I can't make those work for what I need. Has anyone else ever had this problem, and know how to fix it, or at least what's causing it? Grabbing a new version of the program is not doing the trick.

I've also noticed there is the option to load props. I'm assuming this is previously saved props created in the program itself, (for maintaining exact position, memory, etc.) The file extension for saving props is ".prp" which is not a file type I could personally create anywhere else to upload into QAvimator. Maybe someone out there has some saved, basic QAvimator cubes I could borrow? :)

Also, if it matters, I'm on a Mac, and I know the updated version of QAvimator is currently for PCs only.

PlatoNovoQAvimatorBoxIssue1.png

Qavimator is extremely old and no longer supported by its devs, i wish i couls help but all i can say is youre better off downloading the skeleton off the wiki and animating in blender. Or using avastar

QAvimator released a bento beta for PCs not long ago, with the hopes of eventually having one for Macs. I checked moments ago, and I it looks like they do now have one for Macs, (this has changed in the time since I wrote the original post,) but there's also the mention of several bugs I'm not willing to deal with yet, so I'm sticking with the old one until the new has moved further along. That said, the issue I'm having is with the original version. The box and torus were there for a long time, then suddenly gone. I just want them back, and uploading the program again doesn't fix it.

Also, if you want more info about it, here's a link to a post from this past March. I read somewhere else the current developer, Fig, has had some issues with his hands, so updating is taking longer than expected. For the time being, I just want the original version to work the way it did the first few years I had it :/

https://bitbucket.org/QAvimator_Team/qavimator-beta/wiki/Fig's Progress Report

I am interested in learning to make animations in Blender, but with everything else about Blender having taken so long to learn, I'm a little stressed about the idea. Guess it's time to start looking at Youtube videos and putting my Avastar files to use :/

Thank you for your reply, even if it wasn't the answer I was hoping for!

Just letting you know that the original version (haven't reinstalled and my computer is a couple of years old) still has the props for me on a PC (Win10pro). 

I have had some issues with older programs losing features (I can no longer use keyboard keys in Paintshop Pro for example) which I attribute to a Win10 update. It could very well be that there is a "new" conflict with your OS or with another program?   I don't think that they have changed the old program at all.  Blender is fairly easy to make animations in but they unfortunately don't work all that easily with SL --- at least that is the reports I have seen.  

Meanwhile.

image.thumb.png.457b478fab4aa0271c6fb8aa8d001145.png

• Like 1

That is a very good point. My computer is around 7-8 years old, and I've updated with every new OS. That could definitely be the cause. Ugh. I'm guessing that means a solution isn't likely with this version.

I'm so jealous of your screen shot! O.o I want that box!

I wasn't aware of the issues making animations in Blender. Do you know if that was when using it with Avastar, too? It seems there's an endless amount of things that program can do, but they're all so different from programs I learned before, (CS, AutoCad, GSU, etc.) There's very little space for intuitively figuring things out. 

At the advice of an animator friend, I also have DAZ Studio, but getting it up and running got too complicated for me to focus on for long. I guess I'll have to give that one another try, and hope the newer QAvimator is out of beta soon, in case it doesn't work for me. Good thing I don't make animations as my main SL hobby.

Thank you for the information, Chic! Very helpful, and appreciated! :) 

7 hours ago, Plato Novo said:

QAvimator released a bento beta for PCs not long ago, with the hopes of eventually having one for Macs. I checked moments ago, and I it looks like they do now have one for Macs, (this has changed in the time since I wrote the original post,) but there's also the mention of several bugs I'm not willing to deal with yet, so I'm sticking with the old one until the new has moved further along. That said, the issue I'm having is with the original version. The box and torus were there for a long time, then suddenly gone. I just want them back, and uploading the program again doesn't fix it.

Also, if you want more info about it, here's a link to a post from this past March. I read somewhere else the current developer, Fig, has had some issues with his hands, so updating is taking longer than expected. For the time being, I just want the original version to work the way it did the first few years I had it :/

https://bitbucket.org/QAvimator_Team/qavimator-beta/wiki/Fig's Progress Report

I am interested in learning to make animations in Blender, but with everything else about Blender having taken so long to learn, I'm a little stressed about the idea. Guess it's time to start looking at Youtube videos and putting my Avastar files to use :/

Thank you for your reply, even if it wasn't the answer I was hoping for!

Ah it laid dormant so long I didnt think to check, looks like there's a new dev cool! I still recommend blender as it's quite easy, and im not so sure the bugs chic mentioned. I do know its definitely a lot easier with avastar,  and ive had no difficulties with animations so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plato Novo said:

I wasn't aware of the issues making animations in Blender. Do you know if that was when using it with Avastar, too?

As I understand it the files won't upload as is to Second Life. They apparently need Avastar. Actually they CAN work straight out of Blender as someone in Opensim preformed that task but all the bones needed to be renamed and such.    I only made Blender animations for Cloud Party and those only worked because a resident of Cloud Party made an online conversion site where you uploaded your bvh file and then downloaded a fixed one that would work.

Sure there are lots of folks who can tell you about Blender animations and Avastar. I personally don't want to get on the Avastar bandwagon just to upload a few animations LOL.