How to make a rezzing area

amywilders

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! 

I have a sim and I want to allow people to rezz objects such as boats on my sim, but I don't want it possible all over the place. I want to restrict this ability to a small area at sea - a rezzing area, just as those that can be found in many ports all over SL.  How do I make one of these?

Thanks /Amy

You subdivide a part of your land, just in the size you want, and allow rezzing for everyone on it. Preferably with autoreturn set to a timespawn nicely balanced for setting up your boat and sailing out. The rest of the seaway should probably have "object entry" enabled, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

The rest of the seaway should probably have "object entry" enabled, if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure if needed, unless you plan on using towboats. AFAIK objects that are sat upon do not count as "object entry", example: If I pull my train into a private parcel connected to the SLRR network which has "object entry " disabled, my locomotive and me will go in, my trailing wagons however will crash against invisible parcel border wall.

If you plan on allowing automated vehicles like Javapods move through you will need to enable it though.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You could also consider buying a boat rezzer from the MP that rezzes boats for public use. That way you don't need a rez area at all and visitors can just touch the boat sign to get a boat to sail around. Usually such boats will automatically derezz if no longer in use so you won't have to clean up after people either.

• Thanks 1

The advantage of a rezzing area is that people can rez their own boats and some folks are definitely picky about their boats.  A boat rezzer then gives the sailing experience to those folks that don't have their own boat.  The best of both worlds and appealing to the majority of people would be both, a rezzing area and a boat rezzer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2018 at 2:47 AM, Fionalein said:

Not sure if needed, unless you plan on using towboats. AFAIK objects that are sat upon do not count as "object entry"

Don't do that at a dock. You pull up to the dock, you stand up, you start to walk on the boat to the dock, the boat disappears, and you fall into the water.

If you make a dock, make it useful and allow some docking time. If you make a parking space, make it useful and allow some parking time. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.