Animated without consent

kershe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was just in a sandbox that I particularly like - was there to work on my shape, when this guy came up and kept bumping into me.

Then he made my avatar grovel on the ground and then stand up and my avatar's head spun.

Selecting "stop avatar animations" didn't do any good.

I reported him, of course, and blocked him, but is there anything I could have done to stop him from animating me? How did it even work?

I'm pretty angry, but I understand it comes with the territory. I'd like to go back to that sandbox.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:05 AM, kershe said:

I was just in a sandbox that I particularly like - was there to work on my shape, when this guy came up and kept bumping into me.

Then he made my avatar grovel on the ground and then stand up and my avatar's head spun.

Selecting "stop avatar animations" didn't do any good.

I reported him, of course, and blocked him, but is there anything I could have done to stop him from animating me? How did it even work?

I'm pretty angry, but I understand it comes with the territory. I'd like to go back to that sandbox.

Merely bumping into you should not have caused this problem.  There is an exploit that allows someone to get permanent permission to animate you.  However, you first have to either accept an animation request, or sit on an object owned by them. 

You should be able to get at least temporary relief by using Firestorm's Avatar>Avatar Health>Stop Animations and Revoke Permissions command.

You can get some protection against this exploit (at least the version that attacks through a sit) by using Firestorm's "revoke on sit and stand" option in Preferences.

Permanent relief may require finding another sandbox; you may be troubled by this any time you and the griefer are in the same region.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.