so what kind of method of payment SL accepts? Only credit cards? What if i'm out of USA?

PurePleasure Fehr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've just bought a prepaid card 'cause SL didn't accept my debit card (visa pay), i put 100 euros in my new card. First there were a lot of problems to accept this card as debit card (mastercard) so i've had to create a paypal account. Then when i've tried to buy lindens a written comes out : the same other people have talked about, no chance to buy because of an error. So i've decided to read about a solution and i discovered here that if you are out of USA you can't buy??? Fine, really good!

I'm a little angry. Even because the house i have built on a rented island started to turn around itself like a twister yesterday. So many things don't work at all. And i can't rent a new place or buy it because i don't own a credit card???

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Why did my payment method choices change?

We have recently launched new payment methods for Residents outside the US; US Resident payment options have not changed. The new system offers a wider variety of payment methods and currencies, and provides the convenience of being charged for purchases in your preferred local currency.

For more information on payment methods offered, see What payment methods are available?

How do I access the new local payments system?

If your country of registration and IP are from outside the US, you will be directed into the new system automatically; Residents from the US will continue to use our existing system.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Initially, the new payment system will be available only to new Residents outside the US, and to those who do not have existing payment information on file. Soon, the system will available to existing Residents outside the US who already have payment information on file.

What payment methods are available?

Residents in the US will continue to have the same payment methods available as they have had historically. For Residents outside the US, the local payments system provides the following payment methods:

Credit cards:
  • VISA
  • MasterCard
  • Diners
  • JCB

Debit cards:

• Maestro (Switch)
  • Visa Electron
  • Solo
  • Laser
  • Pre-paid Italian cards
Online bank transfers:
  • POLi *
  • Online Instant Banking
  • Sofortuberweisung
  • iDeal
  • P24 (Prezelawy)
  • e-Konto
  • Abaqoos
  • Swedbank
eWallets:
  • Click & Buy
  • eWire
  • Moneta
  • Electronic Check (InstaDebit)
  • Moneybookers

Other:

• Citadel (eCheck)
  • Ukash (prepaid card)

*POLi currently works only if you are using Windows XP/SP2, Vista, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008.

Not all of these methods are available in all countries. American Express is not available as a payment method for new Residents outside of the US.

32px-KBnote.png Note: Residents outside the US that already have billing relationships with Linden Lab using PayPal will continue to be able to use that payment method. For Residents outside the US that wish to change their payment method and begin using the local payments system, or that are creating new accounts, PayPal is temporarily unavailable as a payment method, but we are working to enable it. All Residents will continue to be able to cash out using PayPal.
  • Like 1

I agree that LL does not make it easy if you are outside of the US, there are some acceptable payment methods for Lindex which you are listed on http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Local_Payments_FAQ paypal is not accepted.

However, many residents outside the US now use one of the other approved exchanges http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/L$_Marketplace both because they accept paypal and also they deal with your own currency instead of going through the additional step of exchanging funds into $US.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.