Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi!

I have two observations:

1) in dance clubs dont have video displays. Its big mistake.

2) dance clubs are for free. Its also mistake, because in real life they are not free. Ticket can be only 1 L but not free.

 

I have plan to put up dance club with tickets (1 L) and with video display. Also instead of DJ-s I plan to use radio-stations. Because I dont see differences.

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Hi!

I have two observations:

1) in dance clubs dont have video displays. Its big mistake.

2) dance clubs are for free. Its also mistake, because in real life they are not free. Ticket can be only 1 L but not free.

 

I have plan to put up dance club with tickets (1 L) and with video display. Also instead of DJ-s I plan to use radio-stations. Because I dont see differences.

 

Even if you you only charge 1L people will call you greedy and avoid you like the plague, but that is just my guess, go on and try your luck.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I have plan to put up dance club with tickets (1 L) and with video display. Also instead of DJ-s I plan to use radio-stations. Because I dont see differences.

There are tonnes of poor quality and badly hosted clubs out there inworld. Yet you plan to offer a lower quality service (no DJ and just a radio station) whilst attempting to charge an entrance fee (i.e. higher cost than most all clubs on the grid). 

I'll be interested to see if offering a poorer service at a higher cost works out. 

P.S. Video displays would be cool so I suspect there's a technical, lag-related reason they aren't common? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not at all essential to have videos in clubs.  Most clubs don't have them.  Videos are laggy even with a top-end computer and fast broadband.

The first rule of marketing in SL is that the biggest hurdle people have to overcome is the jump from L$ 0 to L$ 1 :D. People are very unlikely to pay to visit a club when all the rest are free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

1) in dance clubs dont have video displays. Its big mistake.

if the club with host and dj isn't able to entertain the visitors .... why on earth go to one where there's a radiostream and youtube stuff .. log off and watch CNN will be more fun

31 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

2) dance clubs are for free. Its also mistake, because in real life they are not free. Ticket can be only 1 L but not free.

of course it can be free... all good, and less good clubs in SL prove that. I'm not going to pay you for listening to a free radiostream while watching youtube .... IF you compare it to RL clubs, than also offer the quality RL clubs do.... LIVE DJ's, entertaining staff and great service.

32 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

 Because I dont see differences.

thats the real problem

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our club only has radio streaming with no DJs.  We do have occasional hosted sessions but we take care to point out there's no DJ, just a host.  We're not claiming to be anything more than we are and it's free !!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I have plan to put up dance club with tickets (1 L) and with video display. Also instead of DJ-s I plan to use radio-stations. Because I dont see differences.

Even the worst or less interacting DJ is still (in theory) better than using a radio station. You have zero control about what the radio station plays and you have commercial breaks or breaks of similar nature. And why on earth should people pay you, if you plan to be worse by default than all other venues?

48 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

2) dance clubs are for free. Its also mistake, because in real life they are not free. Ticket can be only 1 L but not free.

"But in real life...!" is not a valid argument. It is not explaining why its wrong to not charge 1L for entering a club. Clubs in real life are businesses, clubs in SL are mostly the enjoyment of the owner and do not substain themself. Almost all places in SL are free to visit and explore, the only places that do charge a fee do that by group membership to offer group members special content for their membership...and those places are not dance clubs. If you want to charge anything, you have to first create "a product" of club experiance people will want to pay for and thats going to be difficult, because all other places are free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Even if you you only charge 1L people will call you greedy and avoid you like the plague, but that is just my guess, go on and try your luck.

Do you really think Im the only one greedy in SL? I dont think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jae Villa said:

There are tonnes of poor quality and badly hosted clubs out there inworld. Yet you plan to offer a lower quality service (no DJ and just a radio station) whilst attempting to charge an entrance fee (i.e. higher cost than most all clubs on the grid). 

I'll be interested to see if offering a poorer service at a higher cost works out. 

P.S. Video displays would be cool so I suspect there's a technical, lag-related reason they aren't common? 

No, actually I have previously buyed very expensive stuff. I mean lazers, disco ball, strobos etc. Those stuff was the most expensive at all that was found in marketplace. Example lazers are specifically sharp. Many times sharper than usual lasers I seen in SL, even better than in big clubs. ......And lag is not my topic. its LL sim servers topic. I cant replace them, altough I have myself (in real life) very expensive servers too.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Conifer Dada said:

It's not at all essential to have videos in clubs.  Most clubs don't have them.  Videos are laggy even with a top-end computer and fast broadband.

The first rule of marketing in SL is that the biggest hurdle people have to overcome is the jump from L$ 0 to L$ 1 :D. People are very unlikely to pay to visit a club when all the rest are free.

This is not problem at all - I dont use it for profit. I dont use it for money. 1L anyway is not money. I do it for principle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

of course it can be free... all good, and less good clubs in SL prove that. I'm not going to pay you for listening to a free radiostream while watching youtube .... IF you compare it to RL clubs, than also offer the quality RL clubs do.... LIVE DJ's, entertaining staff and great service.

 

I dont like those clubs. And I wasnt sayed my club must be at all public. No, not at all public. It becomes very elite club only for selected. It becomes for yuppie role play club.

Edited by Ernesto Perez
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Even the worst or less interacting DJ is still (in theory) better than using a radio station. You have zero control about what the radio station plays and you have commercial breaks or breaks of similar nature. And why on earth should people pay you, if you plan to be worse by default than all other venues?

 

I like radio-stations. Personally I like witch house. And I like any music that is set 10x slower speed to play. No matter what is playing. Some witch house radio-station is enough. And advertisement dont also problem. I dont see difference from advertisement and somne resident talk. Do you see? And why people come? Because of me. Because Im so beautiful.

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Here is example one of my favourite. What you think, what DJ-s can talk additionally to this? Usually? I suspect anything they plan to talk, I dont want to hear. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my opinion: a good entertaining DJ is a must in a club. Those are the places where I'll go.
I see no reason at all to go to a club which just plays radio stations; I can listen them anywhere.

You said: "...lazers, disco ball, strobos etc."
Umm.., no thanks. In SL those are just annoying distractions to watch on monitor screen. (@_@)

But good luck if you feel that your idea works. Please report back how it goes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny, I was talking about clubs with admission fees with a friend just the other day.

Only sheep are willing to stand in line and pay an admission fee to enter a club, especially when you realize that only sheep already did that and the venue is full with divos and divas who think they're 'someone' for being someplace 'exclusive'.

We usually refer to them as such: 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

dance clubs are for free. Its also mistake, because in real life they are not free.

I go out dancing, in RL, every Wednesday night to a free dance club and it is one of the largest dance clubs in my area.  They only charge a cover on weekends and "Ladies' Night".

 

6 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I have plan to put up dance club with tickets (1 L) and with video display. Also instead of DJ-s I plan to use radio-stations.

Good luck with that.  Let us know how it works out for you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Just my opinion: a good entertaining DJ is a must in a club. Those are the places where I'll go.
I see no reason at all to go to a club which just plays radio stations; I can listen them anywhere.

You said: "...lazers, disco ball, strobos etc."
Umm.., no thanks. In SL those are just annoying distractions to watch on monitor screen. (@_@)

But good luck if you feel that your idea works. Please report back how it goes.

I think we have different interests in whole SL and probably also in RL. Of course you have nothing to do in my club, its not for you. Its more for people with the same interests as I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to charge people L$1 to visit your club/videotheque you're free to but if what your offering is worse than what other clubs in SL offer for free don't expect anyone to turn up. You really should offer more than some second rate radio station because anyone can have one playing from the comfort of their own houses & skyboxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I go out dancing, in RL, every Wednesday night to a free dance club and it is one of the largest dance clubs in my area.  They only charge a cover on weekends and "Ladies' Night".

 

Good luck with that.  Let us know how it works out for you.

I dont go into such clubs in RL. And actually I had my club up already about 8y ago. And it was fine - I was able to dance as much as I wanted and even without 1 L. But then the ticket price was higher, dont remember. But now I put 1L. Im not interested about money or public, I just hate free stuff. And in SL I can do what I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If you want to charge people L$1 to visit your club/videotheque you're free to but if what your offering is worse than what other clubs in SL offer for free don't expect anyone to turn up. You really should offer more than some second rate radio station because anyone can have one playing from the comfort of their own houses & skyboxes

I dont have competitions at all, because every little piece of me and my club is absolutely unique. When you visit it, then you are also elite, you automatically get status. In public dance places go not elite people, there go working class. They are mass productions. But my place is rather secret. You tell its location only to best friends, who are also the same elitists people as you. When you go in my place, then you are nr1, when not, then you dont exist.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

 

You know nothing about running a club in SL the same as thousands before you and they all failed within a few months!

 

Edited by Phoebe Avro
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

And why people come? Because of me. Because Im so beautiful.

2

It might actually be worth paying 1 L$ to see more of this –though, being practical, dozens of trolls do it for free every day, in all the chat hotspots, and most are even generous enough to put in a short, fat nekked avatar to kinda illustrate the point.

Still, good luck. Like, very, very, very good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I dont have competitions at all, because every little piece of me and my club is absolutely unique. When you visit it, then you are also elite, you automatically get status. In public dance places go not elite people, there go working class. They are mass productions. But my place is rather secret. You tell its location only to best friends, who are also the same elitists people as you. When you go in my place, then you are nr1, when not, then you dont exist.

Well, that's a relief...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...