dance clubs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, angeoco said:

There's the venue tipjar...  :)

But the venue owner is not interested in your tips:

On 27/04/2018 at 11:07 AM, Ernesto Perez said:

I dont use it for profit. I dont use it for money.

Besides which: are you 'elite' enough for him to select you to attend his club?

On 27/04/2018 at 11:12 AM, Ernesto Perez said:

It becomes very elite club only for selected.

Let's hope you fit his selection criteria! ;)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Haha 2

Please have a dress code in your club, disgusted of all the slotwear and denim, usually  jeans and cut offs with cropped tops or bikini tops or other shabby combos of underwear worn as outerwear.

Edited by bebejee

On 4/28/2018 at 3:55 AM, Fionalein said:

Because others (with more access to reason) might have the same ideas and read the same topics?

Yeah but...

If people want to make social venues in SL and charge for access to them... whatever. I doubt many will go - but if they do... then maybe the OP will end up being proven right. If not... nobody will notice when the venue fades away.

That said... I am in two 'paid to access' groups that are gateways for social clubs. One was $500L to join, the other was about $2000L - both are highly successful venues.

So... done right, the idea of a charge for access venue in SL can work. In my two examples, one was done to help with tier but has since becomes a gateway to keep out 'hassling voyeurs'. The other went from free to extremely pricey to stop griefers and voyeurs...

An alt of mine is in a third group that has a free group for access, but which you need an invite to join - you basically have to apply. I've not been to the place in years though because I lost interest in the theme (a genre of music). Plus I retired that alt because she didn't have anything unique about her... But it's been very successful for them.

I won't say most venues that charge are doomed or not... I really don't know. The only examples I know of, I only know of because they succeeded at it... I have no idea if others tried and failed.

Charging for access isn't itself 'doomed from the outset'. The question becomes: what are you providing in exchange for that fee, and can you attract a clientèle that agrees with your logic?

• Like 1

On 2018. 04. 27. at 5:36 PM, Ernesto Perez said:

I dont have competitions at all, because every little piece of me and my club is absolutely unique. When you visit it, then you are also elite, you automatically get status. In public dance places go not elite people, there go working class. They are mass productions. But my place is rather secret. You tell its location only to best friends, who are also the same elitists people as you. When you go in my place, then you are nr1, when not, then you dont exist.

my oh my, the confidence certainly doesnt lacks

lets just hope you dont fall flat on your face with your "exclusive" quality club

giphy.gif

Edited by DarkRavenWolfie

The poster is obviously talking about a specialty club.  And that's quite alright;  SL is full of specialty clubs.  Clubs for sexual preferences, clubs for furries, clubs for old farts who still listen to tired old blues, clubs for endless boring 1970's same old rock music, etc.

Going for a specialty club means he can break all kinds of rules and make up his own because it's focused toward a somewhat limited group.  We sense that he dosen't mind paying the rental fee and that puts him way ahead.  It doesn't really have to make $L to cover costs.  Very cool.   I say go for it!  Have fun and build up friends and clients and do all the fun stuff you want!

Club success is directly related to the energy, drive and personality of the club owner.   You have energy and focus.  Let us know where it is.  Because we all here really are in favor of your success, however measured. 

Congratulations on your endeavor, and have fun!

2 hours ago, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

Club success is directly related to the energy, drive and personality of the club owner.   You have energy and focus.

You missed something. Can't think why...

2 hours ago, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

Because we all here really are in favor of your success

Nope. You don't get to assume that you can speak for every single person reading or participating in this thread.

• Like 5

Admin needs to stop forum clique from ganging up and insulting others, seen it happen too many times.

Some reported posts still remain, makes you wonder. 

Edited by bebejee
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, bebejee said:

Admin needs to stop forum clique from ganging up and insulting others, seen it happen too many times.

I'm fairly certain you have to post something really crazy to make most people on this forum all get on the same page.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gadget Portal said:

I'm fairly certain you have to post something really crazy to make most people on this forum all get on the same page.

Or just insult them all by constantly telling them they are all wrong after asking for their opinions/help.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, bebejee said:

i'm totally sure moderators look at the reports, and act if needed.

That they don't do what the reporting person would like to happen is at their discretion.

As subject to reports, and reporting myself, i think it's (mostly) a real good thing.

2 hours ago, bebejee said:

Just because a post you reported stays, doesn't mean nobody has checked on it. May just mean that "I don't like this" isn't enough of a reason or that the reason you see for the report is otherwise very subjective and that subjective view wasn't shared by the moderator who checked it.

Just as multiple people disagreeing with another person is not equal to a clique "ganging up". I find the idea amusing, that there is even supposed to be a clique.

5 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Just because a post you reported stays, doesn't mean nobody has checked on it. May just mean that "I don't like this" isn't enough of a reason or that the reason you see for the report is otherwise very subjective and that subjective view wasn't shared by the moderator who checked it.

Just as multiple people disagreeing with another person is not equal to a clique "ganging up". I find the idea amusing, that there is even supposed to be a clique.

No, some posts are mean in tone and are ridiculing the person.

15 minutes ago, bebejee said:

No, some posts are mean in tone and are ridiculing the person.

Considering he is an established troll...

The fact people keep falling for his threads means this is going to happen again and again and again unless everyone wisens up and stops taking the bait.I am on the fence though, it does make for an entertaining read every time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 5:03 AM, Ernesto Perez said:

No, actually I have previously buyed very expensive stuff. I mean lazers, disco ball, strobos etc. Those stuff was the most expensive at all that was found in marketplace. Example lazers are specifically sharp. Many times sharper than usual lasers I seen in SL, even better than in big clubs. ......And lag is not my topic. its LL sim servers topic. I cant replace them, altough I have myself (in real life) very expensive servers too.

Those are exactly what I derender when I first pop into a place.... Seriously.  If this is what you want for you, for fun, to entertain yourself, go for it.  Along with you "elite" one linden entry fee for the yuppies as you said.   If it floats your boat, have at it.  If it will make your second life whole and fullfilled- go for it. Personally I myself listen to my playlists on Youtube- but I've got Youtube Red so I don't have to listen to commercials....   Just don't be surprised when your traffic never picks up.  

The last place I would have video turned on would be, any place other than my own land. Because I control the links to the videos..

Anything you link to outside of second life, is you linking to it,not your second life avatar. Media and media on a prim were two of the big no no's for security holes awhile back..

Maybe it's different now,But I never heard of them getting filled yet

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.