dance clubs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You know, whatever he's on...I need to make certain my doc NEVER gives it to me. These kinds if delusions of grandeur are getting more and more frightening.

Good luck with a sub par club that charges people, plays a random cheap ass radio station with commercials (that NO ONE likes, btw, regardless of how YOU feel about them), weird video screens that will NEVER be sync'd for all visitors(so, likely, no two people are ever looking at the same thing..this is not conducive to a social area, I might add), lights, likely particles, and other issues that YOU may not care about but all of your guests will (and I do mean ALL)....I mean, I am certain at some point someone has been able to manage it and keep such a thing going, right..in the last 15 years...at some point...some attempt must have been successful...

Oh, wait

Honestly, there are *some* (and by that I mean maybe 2, if I'm being generous) things that can be somewhat intriguing, even good ideas, when presented with the right, ummm, I can't think of the word I was trying to say here, but I digress...it needs to be presented by someone with enough knowledge and capability to back such a thing up. Ideas are fantastic, most of the time, in theory, but when push comes to shove...over the cliff you shall go my friend, over the cliff to the rocky sea below. I hope you can swim

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Is it just me or are there posts missing in the thread though?

Looks around for lurking moderators.

Or did I just phantom up a bunch of stuff in my sleep? Is that a thing? Do forumites eventually start dreaming of forumiting? Is that the correct verb? 

Never mind I found the post. I guess I just... Dropped the thread. Badum-tish.

Anyway, yeah - no. Still no.

• Haha 3

On 4/27/2018 at 6:07 AM, Ernesto Perez said:

This is not problem at all - I dont use it for profit. I dont use it for money. 1L anyway is not money. I do it for principle.

umm.. I think LL would beg to differ with you.. 1L is indeed money. It's not a lot of money but it does add up.. 

20 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I dont have competitions at all, because every little piece of me and my club is absolutely unique. When you visit it, then you are also elite, you automatically get status. In public dance places go not elite people, there go working class. They are mass productions. But my place is rather secret. You tell its location only to best friends, who are also the same elitists people as you. When you go in my place, then you are nr1, when not, then you dont exist.

Elite... You seem very stuck on this word. You have said that paying tier to LL makes you elite as well. Methinks you need to take a long look in the mirror and do some soul searching.. or find a professional with a comfy couch. Preferably one without a cigar. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

umm.. I think LL would beg to differ with you.. 1L is indeed money. It's not a lot of money but it does add up.. 

Elite... You seem very stuck on this word. You have said that paying tier to LL makes you elite as well. Methinks you need to take a long look in the mirror and do some soul searching.. or find a professional with a comfy couch. Preferably one without a cigar. ;)

I dont have soul.

3 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Why are you guys feeding the troll again?

Just trying the demo, before paying 1 L$ for the full version. I’m a conscious consumer.

Edited by Ren Toxx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I just like the 1L idea....I like it hard. Because it dont show I want money, it shows I want you to pay. And it selects people very well. I can even pay you 1L back after you pay. Its exactly the same as let ORB kick out "no-payment info"  avatars. But I think its too extreme and I dont use it in my ORB-s. Because it shows on no payment in today. It dont show what people plan to do tomorrow. And maybe someone just join to SL.

Edited by Ernesto Perez

42 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

THE BLING IT BLINDS MEEE!!!!! 

Good lord, didn't bling go out several years ago? 

That’s not bling, ffs, it’s lazers... and specifically sharp ones, mind you; like, a ton an’ a half sharper than usual SL lasers, ya know.

But don’t worry, they’re virtually virtual, so they won’t burn your skin. Only your graphics card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ren Toxx said:

That’s not bling, ffs, it’s lazers... and specifically sharp ones, mind you; like, a ton an’ a half sharper than usual SL lasers, ya know.

But don’t worry, they’re virtually virtual, so they won’t burn your skin. Only your graphics card.

Pretty sure the white ones are bling from the disco ball... Still horrendous looking. either way. 

• Like 1

I've worked in a big club for long enough to know a few things for sure:

- People won't pay 1L to listen to radio just because you would. You might have friends who will agree with you to make you feel better, but that's not true. Anyone can literally get any station for free and have a blast at their own SL homes.
- DJs and entertaining hosts are what bring people to clubs, and when it's not them only, it's the music, where I worked the club was mostly packed of people idling while listening to the stream and not boring to see their screens, which means that spending all that money on expensive stuff makes absolutely no difference to them, they would be happy with good music even standing on a default prim.

Also, expensive doesn't mean good. Specially in SL when a LOT of expensive stuff are outdated prims from creators who are not even online anymore. Specially the club stuff. With basic scripting knowledge and understanding on how advanced lighting works, anyone can do an AMAZING job at creating visual effects in SL.

Edit

Okay I had to edit because I haven't read all of this page when I posted and I think I was right? The "expensive disco decorations" are old products from marketplace?

That club doesn't look exactly attractive visually. I'm sorry but it's just not enough to compel people into paying, even 1L, to be there.

Edited by Sylvannas Zulaman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I put some dark music radio-station there to play. Altough I myself dont dance at all anymore.....Also, its virtual, in SL. You dance virtually.

Have you thought about starting your club on Sansar? I think you might get more guests there even if it is by accident.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

My favorite part of SL is people that buy the most common prefab structure, put it on a parcel, and think they've just created the most unique thing in SL ever.

It is unique to him ... ahh, agh, uh-huh. :D lol

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2018 at 11:07 AM, Ernesto Perez said:

This is not problem at all - I dont use it for profit. I dont use it for money. 1L anyway is not money. I do it for principle.

You might not be using it for profit and a L$1 charge won't make much profit anyway.  But that doesn't alter the fact that people will be put off paying L$1 to go to the club when most others are free.  People might give L$100 tips sometimes and people certainly buy expensive things in SL like lasers and fast cars.  Many people spend thousands of Lindens on their avatar's appearance but that doesn't make them any more likely to spend L$1 to go to a club !!!  I think you'd be better off having a donation box or tipjar in your club.  That way you might get two donations of L$50 each.  It might take months or even years to get a hundred visitors paying L$1 entry fee.

Edited by Conifer Dada

When I go to a club I almost always tip the DJ and/or venue, often a 3-figure sum, so of course I would have no problem paying 1 L$ to get in. However it is an obstacle which many people would see as petty and irritating, and do you really want to annoy potential tippers for the sake of 1 L$?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.