Is it possible to save the texture applied in Cycles render?

Daisy Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I am very new to blender and as I make my way through learning the interfaces by watching and following various tutorials on youtube, I have had so much fun with playing around with the settings. There is so much more to learn but, one thing I have been stuck on for the last couple of hours is baking. I have watched a few tutorials so far and searched through the forums but, I cannot seem to find anything that correlates with my blender. I either can’t find the buttons described in the tutorial or the version I am using seems updated. I would really like to know how to bake and export this texture from the cycles render. 

Sorry, If my technical terms are off. I am still learning a lot. But, is it possible to save the image texture applied in the cycles render?

Here is the tutorial I followed

https://youtu.be/zqhi8q4EGZk

My final render looks a little different after doodooling with various features as a result of frustration and curiosity. However, I like how it looks at the moment. 

4d41defab95a6563160465c3a85f25d1.png

ac91aa127541db7f4e8c72bf028257ac.png

Edited by No Fairlady
formatting

Yes of course you can save a render made in Cycles :D.  The problem is like many to most Blender tutorials, this one (I watched it long ago) was about designing a ring to be used JUST as a RENDER and not baked (so you get a pretty photo of a ring and you have that).

I suggest saving this as it is (there are a few major problem for getting that wring into world) and backtrack to learn the basics.

Theses tutorials were designed JUST for SL and OS and cover all the steps.

https://www.slartist.com/browse-the-tutorial-chic-videos-1-date.html   Start with lesson one. They are published like a blog.  

OR 

YouTube playlist here: 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes of course you can save a render made in Cycles :D.  The problem is like many to most Blender tutorials, this one (I watched it long ago) was about designing a ring to be used JUST as a RENDER and not baked (so you get a pretty photo of a ring and you have that).

I suggest saving this as it is (there are a few major problem for getting that wring into world) and backtrack to learn the basics.

Theses tutorials were designed JUST for SL and OS and cover all the steps.

https://www.slartist.com/browse-the-tutorial-chic-videos-1-date.html   Start with lesson one. They are published like a blog.  

OR 

YouTube playlist here: 

Wow Hi!

I am watching your video right this very moment!! haha! I later found it while searching through youtube and it helped immensely! Thank you so much for them! Although the texture did not end up like the initial render, it's a huge step forward from where I started when I began. Thank you and thank you again!!! 

Edited by No Fairlady
typo

47 minutes ago, No Fairlady said:

Wow Hi!

I am watching your video right this very moment!! haha! I later found it while searching through youtube and it helped immensely! Thank you so much for them! Although the texture did not end up like the initial render, it's a huge step forward from where I started when I began. Thank you and thank you again!!! 

You are very welcome  --- and even when you get REALLY experienced the texture just doesn't end up looking exactly like the render LOL. Just the way it is. Sometimes -- especially with metals -- it comes close. But eventually you will understand what to expect when you upload and get closer and closer to what you want.

Have a great journey!   And try to keep in mind that MANY Blender tutorials have great information but the mesh is WAY TOO DENSE for Second Life and similar platforms. So try to keep things with as few vertices as you can and still have it look good. 

So when the tutorial says "we'll set the sub-surf modifier to four" -- you try 1 *wink*   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You are very welcome  --- and even when you get REALLY experienced the texture just doesn't end up looking exactly like the render LOL. Just the way it is. Sometimes -- especially with metals -- it comes close. But eventually you will understand what to expect when you upload and get closer and closer to what you want.

Have a great journey!   And try to keep in mind that MANY Blender tutorials have great information but the mesh is WAY TOO DENSE for Second Life and similar platforms. So try to keep things with as few vertices as you can and still have it look good. 

So when the tutorial says "we'll set the sub-surf modifier to four" -- you try 1 *wink*   

Yes! sadly I am learning that multiplying subsurfaces is a no-go zone for secondlife but, that’s okay, there are so many other ways around it. Your videos were very good for a beginner like me, especially with unwrapping and texturing!. I was nervous once the node section popped up but, you made it seem like a breeze, so that’s awesome! I kid you not, I have watched those videos a few times and have saved them to my favorites! New subscriber here, cannot wait to see and learn more!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You CAN use subsurf for the model that you use to bake it's textures onto a low poly version for SL.  It's the only economic way I have found of getting the detail of a superhigh poly model in to SL.  You may need to bake the displacement map as a separate texture.  It's not a perfect solution, but it can help.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/26/2018 at 5:58 PM, Chic Aeon said:

The problem is like many to most Blender tutorials, this one (I watched it long ago) was about designing a ring to be used JUST as a RENDER and not baked (so you get a pretty photo of a ring and you have that).

Oh ty so much! I was wondering for so long when when I imported my collada file SL was saying there was no texture to import with it. I have never even heard of "baked". I think I have been doing the wrong Blender tutorials. So much more to learn always! :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.