Jump to content

Youtube browser wanted.


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, seanabrady said:

Sorry yes you are correct things like Shoutcast etc are not actually multicast. I stand corrected. Doesn't change the fact that there are no ways to do in SL what you are wanting to do with video. Sync'd video doesn't work. There are, too the best of my knowledge (i would love to be corrected) no video players that enable a video stream to be streamed to everyone in an area at the same time. You can define a playlist from something like youtube, but you cant play it out to everyone. 

 

Good luck you your club though

I dont understand. You want to say that parcel media isnt synced?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its only question of programming. Example:  TV gets touches from TV screen, send them to service provider (the TV seller) server, server connects to youtube, downloads video as MP4 format (its not bro

I have no idea why media on a prim would not do for you, my tv screen can browse all but flash sites and it accepts mouseclicks... just get one of the free Youtube players on MP some let you browse mo

Tier is not rent, its tier. Its life itself. You buy life. You are robot and LL charges you. Rent is something that you pay aditionally. Robots dont pay, robots charged, otherwise they are dead.

Parcel audio is not synched. The streams that come through them usually are in sync because of how the internet radio stations are streamed, but often times I have been at a region and listening to one song either ahead of or behind people I am there with. Those sorts of things are all direct connections to those URLs, they have nothing to do with Second Life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

Parcel audio is not synched. The streams that come through them usually are in sync because of how the internet radio stations are streamed, but often times I have been at a region and listening to one song either ahead of or behind people I am there with. Those sorts of things are all direct connections to those URLs, they have nothing to do with Second Life.

I was in SL more than 10y and never seen this kind on async. All clubs, lives, parcel media is always synced. Or just my ear dont feel difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Tier is like "the level", "the high life".

Except Tier in SL is rent and applies only to mainland, outside of that rent is rent(wich side-stepped the topic to begin with). But anyhow, Seana myself and others are right when we say there's just no way to do video so everyone can see as it was replaced by Media on a Prim(and has been like that for at least 8 years). Furthering the argument is beating a dead horse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Laufiair Hexicola said:

Except Tier in SL is rent and applies only to mainland, outside of that rent is rent(wich side-stepped the topic to begin with). But anyhow, Seana myself and others are right when we say there's just no way to do video so everyone can see as it was replaced by Media on a Prim(and has been like that for at least 8 years). Furthering the argument is beating a dead horse.

 

Tier is not rent, its tier. I dont care outside mainland. Pivate estate is like prison, its not at all place to live. And yes, parcel media is not 100% sync, but its not very big problem at all. The most important is that all see the same video. Its much better than media on prim, where everyone sees its own video. There is no point because you can always close SL and watch video that only you see. But the problem is at all in other place. Parcel media in texture dont allow to control it, by clicking on texture and choose URL and other links. Also it dont allow to set fullscreen. Exactly for this you need to do special programming. Only then all those TV-s in market get some meaning and usability. I tell you how to do this. :  TV screen must have pieces on prims linked together, matrix, only for touching. Plus prim for whole screen, only for video. Now, when you click there, script knows to where you clicked. Script send this info to service provider server. This server then emulates click to according youtube website screen point, or any other website. Now website address changes. Then server sends info about changed webiste address to SL script. Script then changes parcel media URL. Also there are some aspects when website changes, but not URL. Example fullscreen. This is browser locally run code. Extra script code must then make screen prim bigger,  so it seems like fullscreen, altough its only in upper left corner.  Screen must be located in place where making it bigger dont be seen.

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to know which Linden came up with using the word "Tier" to mean paying land fees AKA rent. There isn't a single definition of tier that has to do with paying  for anything... Plain and simple, tier is rent paid to LL. No matter what they call it its still rent. You pay them USD for your land usage.. Thats rent. Stop nitpicking over semantics. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I would love to know which Linden came up with using the word "Tier" to mean paying land fees AKA rent. There isn't a single definition of tier that has to do with paying  for anything... Plain and simple, tier is rent paid to LL. No matter what they call it its still rent. You pay them USD for your land usage.. Thats rent. Stop nitpicking over semantics. 

Tier is not rent, its tier. Its life itself. You buy life. You are robot and LL charges you. Rent is something that you pay aditionally. Robots dont pay, robots charged, otherwise they are dead.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

It is called tier because on mainland you pay a certain amount based on what tier of overall land you hold. You don't pay by the exact amount you hold but by where in the tiers of payments you fall 

Of course you pay for the exact land you have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Of course you pay for the exact land you have.

You only pay for the exact land you have when you own or rent land on a private region.

Mainland teir does not work this way. 

Land use fees are billed based on the peak amount of land held during your previous 30 day billing cycle.

https://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...