Ernesto Perez

Youtube browser wanted.

1 hour ago, seanabrady said:

Sorry yes you are correct things like Shoutcast etc are not actually multicast. I stand corrected. Doesn't change the fact that there are no ways to do in SL what you are wanting to do with video. Sync'd video doesn't work. There are, too the best of my knowledge (i would love to be corrected) no video players that enable a video stream to be streamed to everyone in an area at the same time. You can define a playlist from something like youtube, but you cant play it out to everyone. 

Good luck you your club though

I dont understand. You want to say that parcel media isnt synced?

Parcel audio is not synched. The streams that come through them usually are in sync because of how the internet radio stations are streamed, but often times I have been at a region and listening to one song either ahead of or behind people I am there with. Those sorts of things are all direct connections to those URLs, they have nothing to do with Second Life.

14 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

Parcel audio is not synched. The streams that come through them usually are in sync because of how the internet radio stations are streamed, but often times I have been at a region and listening to one song either ahead of or behind people I am there with. Those sorts of things are all direct connections to those URLs, they have nothing to do with Second Life.

I was in SL more than 10y and never seen this kind on async. All clubs, lives, parcel media is always synced. Or just my ear dont feel difference.

7 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Tier is like "the level", "the high life".

Except Tier in SL is rent and applies only to mainland, outside of that rent is rent(wich side-stepped the topic to begin with). But anyhow, Seana myself and others are right when we say there's just no way to do video so everyone can see as it was replaced by Media on a Prim(and has been like that for at least 8 years). Furthering the argument is beating a dead horse.

20 minutes ago, Laufiair Hexicola said:

Except Tier in SL is rent and applies only to mainland, outside of that rent is rent(wich side-stepped the topic to begin with). But anyhow, Seana myself and others are right when we say there's just no way to do video so everyone can see as it was replaced by Media on a Prim(and has been like that for at least 8 years). Furthering the argument is beating a dead horse.

Tier is not rent, its tier. I dont care outside mainland. Pivate estate is like prison, its not at all place to live. And yes, parcel media is not 100% sync, but its not very big problem at all. The most important is that all see the same video. Its much better than media on prim, where everyone sees its own video. There is no point because you can always close SL and watch video that only you see. But the problem is at all in other place. Parcel media in texture dont allow to control it, by clicking on texture and choose URL and other links. Also it dont allow to set fullscreen. Exactly for this you need to do special programming. Only then all those TV-s in market get some meaning and usability. I tell you how to do this. :  TV screen must have pieces on prims linked together, matrix, only for touching. Plus prim for whole screen, only for video. Now, when you click there, script knows to where you clicked. Script send this info to service provider server. This server then emulates click to according youtube website screen point, or any other website. Now website address changes. Then server sends info about changed webiste address to SL script. Script then changes parcel media URL. Also there are some aspects when website changes, but not URL. Example fullscreen. This is browser locally run code. Extra script code must then make screen prim bigger,  so it seems like fullscreen, altough its only in upper left corner.  Screen must be located in place where making it bigger dont be seen.

• Confused 2

I would love to know which Linden came up with using the word "Tier" to mean paying land fees AKA rent. There isn't a single definition of tier that has to do with paying  for anything... Plain and simple, tier is rent paid to LL. No matter what they call it its still rent. You pay them USD for your land usage.. Thats rent. Stop nitpicking over semantics. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I would love to know which Linden came up with using the word "Tier" to mean paying land fees AKA rent. There isn't a single definition of tier that has to do with paying  for anything... Plain and simple, tier is rent paid to LL. No matter what they call it its still rent. You pay them USD for your land usage.. Thats rent. Stop nitpicking over semantics. 

Tier is not rent, its tier. Its life itself. You buy life. You are robot and LL charges you. Rent is something that you pay aditionally. Robots dont pay, robots charged, otherwise they are dead.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It is called tier because on mainland you pay a certain amount based on what tier of overall land you hold. You don't pay by the exact amount you hold but by where in the tiers of payments you fall 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

It is called tier because on mainland you pay a certain amount based on what tier of overall land you hold. You don't pay by the exact amount you hold but by where in the tiers of payments you fall 

Of course you pay for the exact land you have.

2 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

You only pay for the exact land you have when you own or rent land on a private region.

Mainland teir does not work this way. 

Land use fees are billed based on the peak amount of land held during your previous 30 day billing cycle.

https://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

No you don't. If you hold 50000 m2 you pay as if you actually own a full region because there are not another tiers between 49k and a full 65k.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ernesto Perez said:

This is exact

That word, does not mean what you think it means.

I guess we can mark this thread as solved now.