Jump to content

Youtube browser wanted.


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, seanabrady said:

I did try it as i said. It works perfectly well. No idea what you are doing wrong. Perhaps its an issue with the viewer you use or the region your on...no clue. But i can assure you creating a prim, setting the media to http://www.yoututbe.com allows you to click and browse and navigagte the site as if you were on your computer. You dont need buttons, you just click.

This is really strange. I have Firestorm, set land settings to "web content", set there youtube URL, set texture to  "default media texture". Then made prim, made it little bigger, then changed texture also to "default media texture". Video with sound starts playing in prim, together with whole youtube website and small window with video. Now, I can click anywhere in this prim, but nothing happens, no any click to this prim dont do nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its only question of programming. Example:  TV gets touches from TV screen, send them to service provider (the TV seller) server, server connects to youtube, downloads video as MP4 format (its not bro

I have no idea why media on a prim would not do for you, my tv screen can browse all but flash sites and it accepts mouseclicks... just get one of the free Youtube players on MP some let you browse mo

Tier is not rent, its tier. Its life itself. You buy life. You are robot and LL charges you. Rent is something that you pay aditionally. Robots dont pay, robots charged, otherwise they are dead.

Ah that is not how i setup media on a prim. Your right you cannot click on anything that way. However, really as I think about it you cant really do what you want to do in SL regardless since only parcel media is persistent. Parcel (web/shared) media isn't persistent regardless.

13 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

This is really strange. I have Firestorm, set land settings to "web content", set there youtube URL, set texture to  "default media texture". Then made prim, made it little bigger, then changed texture also to "default media texture". Video with sound starts playing in prim, together with whole youtube website and small window with video. Now, I can click anywhere in this prim, but nothing happens, no any click to this prim dont do nothing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Actually I dont want to do more than just buy workable youtube TV, but I wasnt seen any working one jet.

I dont think you will find any TV anywhere in world where you can start a stream another people will see it in sync with you. As I read back I think that is your goal?  To use it in a club setting for lots of people to both see the video and hear the music at the same time?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ernesto Perez said:

... set land settings to "web content", set there youtube URL, set texture to  "default media texture". Then made prim, made it little bigger, then changed texture also to "default media texture"...

Okay the Method you describe is for Parcel Media. 

Parcel Media :   if a thing in Parcel has a specified texture on a face.  It plays the 'Specific' URL listed in the viewer, not just anypage associated with a domain.   You can script a thing using LLParcelMediaCommandList that allows you to interface w/o having to change the 'Specific' Youtube URL

BUT ... No DO That!      

Media on a Prim is a TOTALLY Different thing.  Forget all the stuff you did earlier involving About Land / media

Media on a Prim (MOAP):  makes the thing that works like a browser window , like you are talking about with the clicky  

  1. right click on prim & select face
  2. find the pull down that says Materials & change it to media   https://gyazo.com/519bea9421c650c5200ea3d875813942
  3. click things to see what it does

-- and for You Tube Playlist autoplay:  Looks like ya have to leave the MOAP face to Anyone can touch.   

*Typed while watching a Youtube playlist on my TV made that way.

 

But..  THEY DON'T automagically sync.    People have to all click start at the same time.    

Think of MOAP as making the face of a prim become a pass thru browser from your PC to the URL. 

Oh and this is kinda fun.   If you are in the same group as the MOAP Objects rez group.   Just drag a WebBrowser Bookmark into the viewer and on to the media face.

If you Bring your own video server, you can use Parcel Media to sync.. I think.   :ph34r:

Edited by KathrynLisbeth
added stuff about the not auto sync
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KathrynLisbeth said:

Okay the Method you describe is for Parcel Media. 

Parcel Media :   if a thing in Parcel has a specified texture on a face.  It plays the 'Specific' URL listed in the viewer, not just anypage associated with a domain.   You can script a thing using LLParcelMediaCommandList that allows you to interface w/o having to change the 'Specific' Youtube URL

BUT ... No DO That!      

Media on a Prim is a TOTALLY Different thing.  Forget all the stuff you did earlier involving About Land / media

Media on a Prim (MOAP):  makes the thing that works like a browser window , like you are talking about with the clicky  

  1. right click on prim & select face
  2. find the pull down that says Materials & change it to media   https://gyazo.com/519bea9421c650c5200ea3d875813942
  3. click things to see what it does

-- and for You Tube Playlist autoplay:  Looks like ya have to leave the MOAP face to Anyone can touch.   

*Typed while watching a Youtube playlist on my TV made that way.

 

But..  THEY DON'T automagically sync.    People have to all click start at the same time.    

Think of MOAP as making the face of a prim become a pass thru browser from your PC to the URL. 

Oh and this is kinda fun.   If you are in the same group as the MOAP Objects rez group.   Just drag a WebBrowser Bookmark into the viewer and on to the media face.

If you Bring your own video server, you can use Parcel Media to sync.. I think.   :ph34r:

 

Jess, that helps and mouse starst working. Altough now I see this prim-media is even more useless feature, because its individual. The same I can at all close SL and watch it from my computer browser and forget about SL. I cant get at all the point of prim-media.  In SL point is that all people see the same.  I need not individual video but common video in inworld. But by mouse controlled. Is there really no one wasnt programmed normal way to watch internet sites with audio-video? I remember there was some years ago streaming media services. I imagine, it must still go through parcel media (to all see the same). But for navigation the prim where textuse is, must have lots of prims matrix. So, it must recognise where I click in the screen. Example I click "next", then this external service must emulate this click for youtube web and transfer video streem back.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know of any system that shows the same video stream to multiple people at the same time. There is no way to do it unless you find something online that is multicasting the exact same position, even then though the spee at which people see things... i dont see how its ever possible to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

I don't know of any system that shows the same video stream to multiple people at the same time. There is no way to do it unless you find something online that is multicasting the exact same position, even then though the spee at which people see things... i dont see how its ever possible to do.

Land music and video is always independent from listeners. How you imagine at all then to be able to exists in SL all those dance clubs and live shows. All hear the same music and they dont need to choose or start nothing. It comes through land media.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way video media use to be done in SL was that way where if you set the parcel media everyone could see it, however it started to become a problem because folks had to deed the tv or controller to the land and if they messed up, they'd have to wait for the sim owner to come online and fix it. Media on a Prim was created to eliminate that issue so nothing had to be deeded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

Music yes via parcel media, but that is playing a multicast stream. My point is i dont know anything like that for video to tie into.

Web services (URL) arent multicasts. They are just ordinary https downloads + caching-buffering. Multicast is at all different story and its benefit appears only when server can service known klients by group. There exist layer2 and layer3 multicasts with corresponding switch or router.  The question in only WHO is downloading. When all hear-see the same stuff, then the downloader is Linden Labs server. When everyone hear-see its own stuff, then downloader is resident SL viewer.

Edited by Ernesto Perez
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Laufiair Hexicola said:

The way video media use to be done in SL was that way where if you set the parcel media everyone could see it, however it started to become a problem because folks had to deed the tv or controller to the land and if they messed up, they'd have to wait for the sim owner to come online and fix it. Media on a Prim was created to eliminate that issue so nothing had to be deeded.

In mainland, there is no "SIM owners". Parcel owner is more than enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Govenor Linden owns all mainland and yes, parcels are divided out to rental agencies who rent out to people like you and me. However, if someone has an issue with their parcel for whatever reason, they ask their rental agency not Linden Labs. My statement still holds true for private sims(and I don't recall seeing a mainland vs private estate anywhere in this thread). I've been in SL long enough to know what's what.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Laufiair Hexicola said:

Govenor Linden owns all mainland and yes, parcels are divided out to rental agencies who rent out to people like you and me. However, if someone has an issue with their parcel for whatever reason, they ask their rental agency not Linden Labs. My statement still holds true for private sims(and I don't recall seeing a mainland vs private estate anywhere in this thread). I've been in SL long enough to know what's what.

 

I dont rent anything. I have my own parcel and land settings are enough for media. But I find out already solution. I put prim to show parcel web video (youtube). I find out that it still shows automatically next song. Only I cant change nothing, cant skip or next song. But its enough when it just plays automatically next song, because usually next song is in the same style as previous. But I must make also some tricks with this video shown prim. As it shows video onlu in upper left cornes, then I must just cover other parts of display and all is just like real. Its just like poor man solution.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So you dont pay rent (tier) to LL every month? 

Tier is not rent, it is tier. And also LL is more trustable than someone unknown. And this is not your business what I pay or not pay.

Edited by Ernesto Perez
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Tier is not rent, it is tier. And also LL is more trustable than someone unknown. And this is not your business what I pay or not pay.

Tier is rent paid to LL. And you brought up the subject of rent, not me. Good lord are you touchy. 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry yes you are correct things like Shoutcast etc are not actually multicast. I stand corrected. Doesn't change the fact that there are no ways to do in SL what you are wanting to do with video. Sync'd video doesn't work. There are, too the best of my knowledge (i would love to be corrected) no video players that enable a video stream to be streamed to everyone in an area at the same time. You can define a playlist from something like youtube, but you cant play it out to everyone. 

 

Good luck you your club though

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...