Youtube browser wanted.

Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Laufiair Hexicola said:

I don't think there's a way to do that then as most YouTube TVs and huds have broken code from various updates to either YouYube or SL, or use media on a prim.

Its only question of programming. Example:  TV gets touches from TV screen, send them to service provider (the TV seller) server, server connects to youtube, downloads video as MP4 format (its not broken code, youtube just time-to-time changes something to protect downloading videos as MP4, but hackers every time broke this and there is always possibility to download it as MP4. I dont know, maybe Youtube  gives all this also for money as some service, without need to hack at all), then server sends back notification that streem is ready, then TV changes "media" setting in land properties to correct URL (not youtube, but service provider web-server URL), then service provider media server multicasts streem to SL TV........All is question about programming. I dont have power to write all this myself. Exactly therefore I ask, maybe someone already done this. Because TV, video, youtube are enough popular and this kind of programming quarantees enough good business and profit.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

Just to be clear... you want to get a TV, backed by an externally hosted website, where the people who run it steal content from YouTube, store said content, and then pay to multicast it to you and anyone else in SL on demand?

Yes. I need it for video-disco. Do you know what is video-disco? Its like disco, but also video.

Edited by Ernesto Perez
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

Just to be clear... you want to get a TV, backed by an externally hosted website, where the people who run it steal content from YouTube, store said content, and then pay to multicast it to you and anyone else in SL on demand?

4 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Yes.

*headdesk*

read her question again... carefully...

UPDATE

4 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Yes. I need it for video-disco. Do you know what is video-disco? Its like disco, but also video.

whow updateing it to commercial use does not make your answer better

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Why not just do as suggested. Make a prim, change the media to Youtube.com and browse to what you want to stream?  You don't need anything but media on the prim to click and browse and search and do everything. Nothing special needed.

Edited by seanabrady
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

Why not just do as suggested. Make a prim, change the media to Youtube.com and browse to what you want to stream? 

Seems you dont know what is video-disco. Im not sure, but in eastern-europe video-discos were very popular. When I put URL to the texture, then there is only one video-song. Nobody want to dance only by one song. It must contain playlist. Youtube have playlists. Im not sure, do this URL in texture is able to play also playlist. And how I browse then and search from youtube? Then I must every time go from SL to my computer browser, search and then back to SL and change land setting. Its stupid.

6 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I have no idea why media on a prim would not do for you, my tv screen can browse all but flash sites and it accepts mouseclicks... just get one of the free Youtube players on MP some let you browse more than YT...

Today I just searched Youtube TV-s on Marketplace. There are lots of them. I visited shops in inworld and none of them wasnt worked. All was just fraud.

Have you actually tried it? I can make a prim right now, set it to youtube, load up a playlist and off it goes. Its just the website, using a prim as a browser. I just did it with a playlist i have, plays through and swaps to the next. You can even login and grab playlists youhave created. 

Edited by seanabrady
Typo
  • Like 1

Just now, seanabrady said:

Have you actually tried it? I can make a prim right now, set it to youtube, load up a playlist and off it goes. Its just the website, using a prim as a browser. I just did it with a playlist i have, plays through and swaps to the next. You can even login and grab l=playlists youhave created. 

You don't by chance have the code example at hand? It would help others too ;)

3 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

Have you actually tried it? I can make a prim right now, set it to youtube, load up a playlist and off it goes. Its just the website, using a prim as a browser. I just did it with a playlist i have, plays through and swaps to the next. You can even login and grab playlists youhave created. 

I wasnt tested playlist, but I tested browsing and no any link wasnt opened. I mean prim texture. Altough video played and sound was also.

Just now, Ernesto Perez said:

I wasnt tested playlist, but I tested browsing and no any link wasnt opened. I mean prim texture. Altough video played and sound was also.

I am not sure why that would be other than perhaps you still had the prim in edit mode when you clicked? I am looking at a player i use in my classroom right now and I can click, search, browse all i want.

Even it wasnt able to make full-screen in this prim. Prim shows whole youtube site and only small window in it where youtube video played. The same as in computer browser. Usually I click it to be full-screen when I watch video. But in SL there is even more strange to show video together with youtube website. Its completely useless feature. And how to click next or backward.

Edited by Ernesto Perez

Even it wasnt able to make full-screen in this prim. Prim shows whole youtube site and only small window in it where youtube video played. The same as in computer browser. Usually I click it to be full-screen when I watch video. But in SL there is even more strange to show video together with youtube website. Its completely useless feature.

Then click the button to make it full screen??  it works perfectly well. Perhaps your only option is finding someone willing to steal the videos off you tube, host them indefinitely and pay to multicast them for you..best of luck with that.

1 minute ago, seanabrady said:

Then click the button to make it full screen??  it works perfectly well. Perhaps your only option is finding someone willing to steal the videos off you tube, host them indefinitely and pay to multicast them for you..best of luck with that.

There is no any buttons, no any click dont work...try it yourself. But I was always surprised why in SL discos are without video display. Its like ancient technology. Even in home I never listen music without video together with audio. 

There is no any buttons, no any click dont work...try it yourself. But I was always surprised why in SL discos are without video display. Its like ancient technology. Even in home I never listen music without video together with audio. 

I did try it as i said. It works perfectly well. No idea what you are doing wrong. Perhaps its an issue with the viewer you use or the region your on...no clue. But i can assure you creating a prim, setting the media to http://www.yoututbe.com allows you to click and browse and navigagte the site as if you were on your computer. You dont need buttons, you just click.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.